BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Best Ari and The Weeknd collab: The Re-Up, + bonus question
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ariana Grande and The Weeknd
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 26
Guests cannot vote 
Jade
post 26th February 2023, 11:59 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Ariana and The Weeknd are swiftly becoming work spouses with four collaborations now!

The Weeknd has featured on an Ariana single and album track while Ari has been drafted in for two of his remixes.

But... two years on from the last time a similar poll was ran, off the back of 'Save Your Tears (Remix)', what is your favourite? Will 'Love Me Harder' walk it again?

Also, inspired by JLJ's post in the 'Die For You (Remix)' thread, would you like to see a full collaborative EP or album from them in the future?

Please vote and share your answers if you wish!

Love Me Harder

off the table

Save Your Tears (Remix)

Die For You (Remix)

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post 26th February 2023, 12:02 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Alone and wounded

01. Love Me Harder
02. Save Your Tears (Remix)
03. Die For You (Remix)
04. off the table

It is SO CLOSE between 'Love Me Harder' and 'Save Your Tears (Remix)' for me but just about went for the former. Both are within my top 10 Ari-related singles wub.gif

'Die For You (Remix)' is already growing, for me personally it seems to hit different late at night laugh.gif never been huge on 'off the table' unfortunately although do like the vocal duelling.

Voted YES for a future collaborative project as I think their voices work well together and they have great chemistry as performers. I'd most want a Dawn FM style synth pop project!

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 26th February 2023, 02:23 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

Save Your Tears remix just about edges it for me but as I said in the Die For You remix thread all of their collaborations feel like an event. They both have other collaborations what would work just as well as a solo track but they bring out a magic within one another and compliment each other so well (it always feels like a genuine choice as well and not just a rent a collab type situation there definitely love / a genuine friendship between them privately wub.gif )

I’d love a collaborative full length project too! I think it would really really work. Yes to it being synth with a fusion between a futuristic-and nostalgic vibe. Ariana would actually really fit well on some of the Dawn FM tracks now you’ve mentioned that era Jade laugh.gif she definitely wouldn’t sound out of place on Starry Eyes, Out of Time (or the fan favourite huge single that never was Less Than Zero!).

(However I’d take another solo Ariana album with no features ala thank u, next) first cool.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 26th February 2023, 03:44 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Alone and wounded

QUOTE(JLJ @ Feb 26 2023, 02:23 PM) *
I’d love a collaborative full length project too! I think it would really really work. Yes to it being synth with a fusion between a futuristic-and nostalgic vibe. Ariana would actually really fit well on some of the Dawn FM tracks now you’ve mentioned that era Jade laugh.gif she definitely wouldn’t sound out of place on Starry Eyes, Out of Time (or the fan favourite huge single that never was Less Than Zero!).

(However I’d take another solo Ariana album with no features ala thank u, next) first cool.gif

Oh yes I could easily see her slotting on something like 'Out of Time' as well. 'Less Than Zero' will be such a missed opportunity if he really is done with that era! Then again, 'Die For You' is from the Starboy album so he could always come back to it five years down the line... laugh.gif I like the idea of a Lana remix that has been suggested in the chart forum. Tbh Ariana, Lana and ROSALÍA are all three of my favourite women in modern music and The Weeknd has collaborated with all of them more than once, the taste *.* 'Love Me Harder' and 'Save Your Tears' are both quite synth based and I love that ethereal synth sound of 'no tears left to cry' as well, her voice really suits this kind of thing.

I agree with your last point though, while I do like the idea of some kind of collaborative EP in the future I definitely want another Ari-led project first now it's almost 2 and a half years since her last studio album. thank u, next is my firm 2nd favourite album of hers and her biggest streaming juggernaut/critically acclaimed record so she definitely doesn't need features.

~~~

In the last version of this poll 100% of votes went to 'Love Me Harder' so this is already off to a different start.

+Quote this post
Ansel
post 26th February 2023, 04:27 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 106,739

Save Your Tears is a definite winner for me, ranking them all I'd go SYT > Love Me Harder > Die For You > off the table (I've just realised all their collabs have 3-word titles, and so does Less Than Zero... teresa.gif )

Die For You is turning into a real grower for me, I'm starting to enjoy Ariana's more enunciated vocal style on it. I've voted yes to a longer collab project as they've clearly shown versatility in their collabs thus far, and would definitely be up for something like Dawn FM! Maybe a short concept record, doing for the 80s what Silk Sonic did for the 70s.

+Quote this post
Y'all Starlight
post 26th February 2023, 05:42 PM
Post #6
Group icon
WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Pronouns: he/him
User: 153,406

Save Your Tears for me although Love Me Harder is such a banger.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 27th February 2023, 06:05 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Alone and wounded

It's looking like a two-horse race so far!

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 28th February 2023, 10:02 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

'Love Me Harder' and no!

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 28th February 2023, 11:26 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454

Love Me Harder by far and no.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 1st March 2023, 05:58 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293

1. Love Me Harder
2. off the table
3. Die For You
4. Save Your Tears

Love Me Harder is still comfortably my favourite release of theirs together. I'm preferring Die For You when it comes to the remixes. I was already long over 'Save Your Tears' by the time the remix came out.

Regarding the second question, I'd take any new project from Ariana at the moment laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 2nd March 2023, 05:06 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Oh wow, at one point it was 5-3 between 'Save Your Tears' and 'Love Me Harder', now I see the former is stuck on 5 and the latter has steamrolled since laugh.gif

Great to see more voters than last time happy.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 8th March 2023, 09:30 PM
Post #12
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

I voted for 'Love Me Harder' last time (well, as did everyone kink.gif) but I'm actually switching to 'Save Your Tears' now - with time passing since that came out, it feels more established as a duet and a proper part of both of their discogs for me rather than just a potentially throwaway remix which was hard to tell the longevity of, if that makes sense. I still think there's not much of a difference in quality between the original and the remix but if I were to casually put on the song I'd probably go for the Ariana version these days!

SYT > LMH > OTT > DFY

I voted yes for the second question just because it would be nice to hear some more music from them that was actually intended to be a collab in the first place - they do have great chemistry on their remixes and 'Love Me Harder' is fab too ofc.

+Quote this post
coi
post 9th March 2023, 08:59 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240

Save Your Tears and YES at the idea of a collab album, love all four of them so far!

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 10th March 2023, 12:19 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Save Your Tears by far, but it's a hard NO to the second question. Overdoing it much?

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 10th March 2023, 12:57 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

'Save Your Tears' & No!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 12th March 2023, 10:43 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Fab to see this poll receiving more than double the votes that the original one got!

On the subject of Ariana and The Weeknd collabs, the latest Billboard Pop Shop podcast discusses exactly this subject and branches out into dream collabs as well:

(my favourite of their collab suggestions was Taylor Swift on a Vault song for one of the upcoming Taylor's Version re-recordings!)

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 08:24 AM