Jump to content

Featured Replies

Posted

The second prequel to The Hunger Games, The Hunger Games: Sunrise on the Reaping, is set for a theatrical release on 20th November 2026. The book is set for release on 18th March 2025. The first prequel, which was set 64 years before the original film/book, details about President Snow's rise to power. This prequel, set 40 years after the first prequel and 24 years before the first THG book/movie, is about Haymitch Abernathy and how he won the 50th Hunger Games/Second Quarter Quell.

 

@1798746675445658096

Edited by DanielCarey

  • Replies 18
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Lee_J11
    Lee_J11

    This has reminded to me to go and buy / read the book before the film comes out!

I’ve always theorized that the best way to keep the Hunger Games franchise going is to make it an anthology series so I’m glad that it looks like it’s coming to fruition with Ballad Of Songbirds & Snakes to now this
Excited for this. Whilst I didn't think the first prequel was as good as the original Hunger Games or Catching Fire, I did enjoy it more than either part of Mockingjay.
Excited for this. Whilst I didn't think the first prequel was as good as the original Hunger Games or Catching Fire, I did enjoy it more than either part of Mockingjay.

 

This tbh!!

 

Looking forward to this!

It's called sunrise, because the arena was said to be so besutiful that yefa that it made the contestants freeze in awe, even after the xountdosn... and so loads got killed where they stood.
  • 1 year later...
On 07/06/2024 at 05:46, DanielCarey said:

The second prequel to The Hunger Games, The Hunger Games: Sunrise on the Reaping, is set for a theatrical release on 20th November 2026. The book is set for release on 18th March 2025. The first prequel, which was set 64 years before the original film/book, details about President Snow's rise to power. This prequel, set 40 years after the first prequel and 24 years before the first THG book/movie, is about Haymitch Abernathy and how he won the 50th Hunger Games/Second Quarter Quell.

 

@1798746675445658096

Haymitch has always been such an interesting character, and finally getting to see his Games play out will add a whole new layer to the story.

Read the book pretty much immediately when it came out and it was such a treat with all the Easter eggs and connections that it explores. I’m still very excited to see how this turns out even though I feel like all the Hinger Games movie adaptations have been worse than the books.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Author

I still need to read the book before I go see this. I got it last year, and still haven't read it yet.

  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Author

I'm currently reading the book. On Chapter 20. It's VERY dark. Possibly the darkest book in the entire series.

  • Author

I’ve finished reading it.

….

No wonder why Haymitch drinks so much. Poor guy has suffered more than Jesus.

Edited by DanielCarey

  • Author

Cast members:

Haymitch Abernathy - Joseph Zada

Plutarch Heavensbee - Jesse Plemons

President Coriolanus Snow - Ralph Fiennes

Drusilla Sickle - Glenn Close

Caesar Flickerman - Kieran Culkin

Effie Trinket - Elle Fanning

Maysilee (and Merrilee) Donner - Mckenna Grace

Wiress - Maya Hawke

Lenore Dove Baird - Whitney Peak

Beetee - Kelvin Harrison Jr.

Mags - Lili Taylor

Wyatt Callow - Ben Wang

Louella McCoy - Molly McCann

Lou Lou - Iona Bell

Panache Barker - Jhaleil Swaby

Silka Sharp - Laura Marcus

Maritte - Sky Frances

Magno Stift - Billy Porter

Proserpina Trinket - Iris Apatow

Vitus - Edvin Ryding

Willamae Abernathy - Kara Tointon

Sid Abernathy - Smylie Bradwell

Burdock Everdeen - Scot Greenan

Asterid March - Grace Ackary

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1