Jump to content

Featured Replies

Just now, HiyaLuv! said:

Bought a phone just for PICTURES of that wet as Biffy.

don't even know if that's bottom five lines tbh - both of Meg's verses are butchered SO BADLY:

"Follow me sing with me Biff down the side of me
Quick jump out before being what you got to be
I tell him where to put it, never tell where I'm bout to be
I'll run down on him fore I have a Biffy run for me
Play your riff, bite your lip
Ask for a car while you chase that Biff
You really ain't never gotta Biff him for a thing
He already made his mind up 'fore he came"

"Your honor I'm a freak Biff, tattoo, bearded
Switch my ring, make him feel like he cheatin'
Put him on his knees, give him something to believe in
Never lost a fight but i'm lookin for a Biff
In the food chain, I'm the one that eat you
But in my bass, he's a Biffy eater
Big D stand for big demeanor
I could make you Biff before i ever meet ya"

  • Replies 514
  • Views 41.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • TMD_24Quavo
    TMD_24Quavo

    BBC Radio 1 Most Played 2025 2026 has arrived and get what else has come with it? You guessed it! The annual review of the most played songs and artists on BBC Radio 1 during 2025. As usual, I used

  • For anybody interested, the Official Chart of the Year will be happening this year on Boxing Day from 2-6pm. It is with Dan Draper this year who I think is a new name to the chart.

  • I wonder if there may be a popular website consisting of some kind of engine that you can use to search and find the answer to that x

Just now, maggotsforbrains said:

don't even know if that's bottom five lines tbh - both of Meg's verses are butchered SO BADLY:

"Follow me sing with me Biff down the side of me
Quick jump out before being what you got to be
I tell him where to put it, never tell where I'm bout to be
I'll run down on him fore I have a Biffy run for me
Play your riff, bite your lip
Ask for a car while you chase that Biff
You really ain't never gotta Biff him for a thing
He already made his mind up 'fore he came"

"Your honor I'm a freak Biff, tattoo, bearded
Switch my ring, make him feel like he cheatin'
Put him on his knees, give him something to believe in
Never lost a fight but i'm lookin for a Biff
In the food chain, I'm the one that eat you
But in my bass, he's a Biffy eater
Big D stand for big demeanor
I could make you Biff before i ever meet ya"


Well you couldn't accuse them of not spending time on their unique take on this global smash!

Sometimes the Live Lounge is all about "how boring, lifeless and beige can we make this recent banger?" but can't deny there have been some amazing WTF? moments since it was first introduced by no, not Jo Whiley, actual SIMON MAYO in the late 90s if I remember rightly!

All started when people were amazed/amused that fiery guitar-wielding uncompromising groundbreakers* Travis would cover/indiesplain a big pop song like Baby One More Time, nowadays that kind of thing is totally normal.

*Sarcasm klaxon, they were just James Blunt if he was a band with more NME credibility

Edited by HiyaLuv!

9 minutes ago, maggotsforbrains said:

"I could make you Biff before i ever meet ya"


Well, that's tonight's nightmare sorted.

Edited by HiyaLuv!

Just now, HiyaLuv! said:
  10 minutes ago, maggotsforbrains said:

"I could make you Biff before i ever meet ya"

This is terrifying

nowhere is safe from the Biffage cheeseblock

33 minutes ago, maggotsforbrains said:

can't be worse than that Live Lounge cover Biffy Clyro did that was so bad they literally scrubbed it from their socials 🤣 (YouTube reupload link if you're morbidly curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-I-0haK_UE)


We all know this is going on the 20th anniversary deluxe edition of A Celebration Of Endings in 2040 if AI hasn't wiped us all out by then.

Edited by HiyaLuv!
Wrong album title, sorry

2 minutes ago, maggotsforbrains said:

nowhere is safe from the Biffage cheeseblock


Very inconsistent band, the Scottish Foos.

They have Black Chandelier, Many of Horror, Instant History and Bubbles etc and their early more post-hardcore stuff John Peel liked but also total Josh W@nk like that "THERE'S NO 'I' IN TEAM!" one and the generic festival ballads.

Radio 1 still on board last time, bet they ditch them next time!

Edited by HiyaLuv!

Just now, HiyaLuv! said:

Very inconsistent band, the Scottish Foos. They have Black Chandelier, Many of Horror, Instant History and Bubbles etc then their early more post-hardcore stuff John Peel liked but also total Josh W@nk like that "THERE'S NO 'I' IN TEAM!" one and the generic festival ballads.

Instant History's kind of in the iffy pile too tbh - everything up to Only Revolutions is pretty good, Opposites is bloated but decent and everything afterwards is a VERY mixed bag

Edited by maggotsforbrains

Just now, maggotsforbrains said:

Instant History's kind of in the crap pile too tbh - everything up to Only Revolutions is pretty good, Opposites is bloated but decent and everything afterwards is a VERY mixed bag


I did mean Instant History the song not album.

Loved that just before the pandemic kicked in.

"THIS IS THE SOUND THAT WE MAKE"

Wasn't particularly arsed about the rest of the album though.

Does make me wonder how Radio 1 decide when they are finished with a band, they obviously don't just go on chart positions.

Muse long gone unless Hottest Records count, wet as Biffy have probably had longer than they had on the playlist?

Edited by HiyaLuv!

2 minutes ago, HiyaLuv! said:


I did mean Instant History the song not album.

Loved that just before the pandemic kicked in.

"THIS IS THE SOUND THAT WE MAKE"

Wasn't particularly arsed about the rest of the album though.

the album was called A Celebration Of Endings, not Instant History (that was its lead single)

Just now, maggotsforbrains said:

the album was called A Celebration Of Endings, not Instant History (that was its lead single)

AH SHIT!

Of course it was, my bad, if people still say that.

Edited by HiyaLuv!

Quite liked that "here's a slap on the jaw!"* one too.

*Cheers!

Hunger in Your Haunt, of course.

I find the more Kerrangy bands fall down a big hole BBC-wise as they get too old for Radio 1, too loud for Radio 2 and not indie enough for 6.

Edited by HiyaLuv!

3 hours ago, lewistgreen said:

Live Lounge month confirmed for October

Monday 5 October - Blossoms

Wednesday 7 October - Nothing But Thieves

Friday 9 October - Sam Smith

Monday 12 October - Stella Lefty

Wednesday 14 October - Chase & Status

Friday 16 October - Jorja Smith

Monday 19 October – beabadoobee

Wednesday 21 October - Rachel Chinouriri

Friday 23 October - Odeal

Monday 26 October - Anderson .Paak x Cordae

Wednesday 28 October – TBC

Friday 30 October - Royal Blood

Is this a month later than normal?

1 hour ago, Steve201 said:

Is this a month later than normal?


Hoping TBC is a R1 Anthems veteran like Robbie last year!

2 hours ago, maggotsforbrains said:

the album was called A Celebration Of Endings, not Instant History (that was its lead single)


Sorry, I'm old.

I forget this stuff.

My mind's fcuked, my head's gone too!

I still keep a little something for those p*ssy MCs though.

Edited by HiyaLuv!

1 hour ago, HiyaLuv! said:


Hoping TBC is a R1 Anthems veteran like Robbie last year!

i get this feeling its possibly Tate McRae or The 1975, both radio 1 darlings who have either teased new eras OR could be a good shout on starting an era soon

47 minutes ago, Jay79x said:

i get this feeling its possibly Tate McRae or The 1975, both radio 1 darlings who have either teased new eras OR could be a good shout on starting an era soon


Both likely, but it would be great if it was an R1 Anthems veteran again.

  • Author
10 hours ago, Steve201 said:

Is this a month later than normal?

Ish. I'd reckon they wanted to give the new schedule a few weeks to embed first so that this could be done

7 hours ago, lewistgreen said:

Ish. I'd reckon they wanted to give the new schedule a few weeks to embed first so that this could be done

Live Lounge Month was in September until 2022 when it moved to October.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.