September 23Sep 23 28 minutes ago, Tylky said:If none of the Elton John Lion King songs make it I’m gonna lose my mind. He’s been on most Yearbooks and The Lion King needs to be represented.It’s worrying, because I don’t think we’ve had a Disney song on a Yearbook so far.You're right. With that being said, it's also been over 30 years since the Lion King came out (32 to be precise).
September 23Sep 23 48 minutes ago, Tylky said:If none of the Elton John Lion King songs make it I’m gonna lose my mind. He’s been on most Yearbooks and The Lion King needs to be represented.It’s worrying, because I don’t think we’ve had a Disney song on a Yearbook so far.Written In The Stars didn’t appear on any of the 1999 yearbooks and Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting and Step Into Christmas didn’t appear on any of the 1973 yearbooks
September 23Sep 23 22 minutes ago, Hadji said:Written In The Stars didn’t appear on any of the 1999 yearbooks and Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting and Step Into Christmas didn’t appear on any of the 1973 yearbooksThere’s still a chance for the Final Chapters.
September 23Sep 23 21 minutes ago, Tylky said:There’s still a chance for the Final Chapters.I reckon Written In The Stars missed out due to LeAnn Rimes owning the rights to the song and they could include his 1973 songs on both 1970-1974 yearbooks Edited September 23Sep 23 by Hadji
September 23Sep 23 3 hours ago, Tylky said:If none of the Elton John Lion King songs make it I’m gonna lose my mind. He’s been on most Yearbooks and The Lion King needs to be represented.It’s worrying, because I don’t think we’ve had a Disney song on a Yearbook so far.We could've had Tarzan's song on Yearbook '99 had it not been for licensing issues. 🤦♂️
September 23Sep 23 45 minutes ago, Harrison FB said:We could've had Tarzan's song on Yearbook '99 had it not been for licensing issues. 🤦♂️It was because Phil Collins doesn’t license his tracks. We could’ve had it if someone else had sang the song. In other Now related news, if GTA VI the album has big enough first day sales, it could deny Now 125 the top spot of the compilation chart Edited September 23Sep 23 by Hadji
September 23Sep 23 Just now, geraintlewis268 said:I have the artwork! The colour is a light blue!The second time to have the same colour and same last digit on yearbooks with 1971 and 1991 both being yellow and 1984 also being blue. I thought they’d have saved the blue for 1995 or 1996
September 23Sep 23 1 minute ago, Hadji said:The second time to have the same colour and same last digit on yearbooks with 1971 and 1991 both being yellow and 1984 also being blue. I thought they’d have saved the blue for 1995 or 1996Same, you know. But I have no word on the tracklist, unfortunately. And the release is, yes, 30 October.
September 23Sep 23 Just now, geraintlewis268 said:And the release is, yes, 30 October.And they’ll probably clash Now Christmas 2026 with this. In my opinion, they should push the release date for that back a week to 6th November
September 23Sep 23 Just now, geraintlewis268 said:All we need is the tracklist, then we'll be on easy street.I reckon Wet Wet Wet will kick the album off and extra 1994 will be released 8th January 2027. As for colours, in my opinion, either 1971 and 1974 or 1991 and 1994 should’ve swapped colours. Tracklist is on Now wiki but it’s not very clear Edited September 23Sep 23 by Hadji
September 24Sep 24 9 hours ago, geraintlewis268 said:I have the artwork! The colour is a light blue!I had a feeling it would be blue; looks pretty good!
September 24Sep 24 It's so good to see the artwork materialise, hopefully the tracklist announcement follows today. Agree that Wet Wet Wet are more than likely to kickstart the entire album.Also, there are no chart entries from David Sylvian that year so fingers crossed he gets kept away from this spectacular year. I also want a solid Eurodance/Dance disc, hopefully Disc 3. After '93's dismal attempt at it, I'm hoping '94 will be far stronger in that regard. Edited September 24Sep 24 by Tylky
September 24Sep 24 I think I might have an idea on what would close Yearbook 1994, East 17's Christmas No.1, Stay Another Day?
September 24Sep 24 10 minutes ago, geraintlewis268 said:I think I might have an idea on what would close Yearbook 1994, East 17's Christmas No.1, Stay Another Day?That's not unreasonable, in fact I'd agree with this too. If not on this volume but the Extra? Similar to Take That's 'Babe' seeing as they couldn't get licensing for Mr Blobby. It'd be interesting to see.
September 24Sep 24 44 minutes ago, Tylky said:That's not unreasonable, in fact I'd agree with this too. If not on this volume but the Extra? Similar to Take That's 'Babe' seeing as they couldn't get licensing for Mr Blobby. It'd be interesting to see.From East 17, I expect Stay Another Day and It’s Alright on main and Steam and Around The World on extra. Steam should’ve been on Now 29 instead of Around The World and Around The World should’ve been on Now 28
Thursday at 13:175 days Bit blurry and I’m surprised Wet Wet Wet are on disc 4 and we have Lion King opening disc 4. As much as I love Son Of A Gun, it peaked higher in 1995 so should’ve been saved for that instead Edited Thursday at 13:185 days by Hadji
Thursday at 13:195 days Here's Yearbook '94's tracklist! We have 2 Lion King tracks! Edited Thursday at 13:265 days by Harrison FB
Thursday at 13:235 days I wish they saved Elton John and Roxette’s lower charting songs for the extra to spread them out more and we only have one Eternal song when they had 4 hits that year. At least it’s Save Our Love which hasn’t appeared since Now 27. Looks like East 17 will be the only artist to get a 1994 full house if Steam and Around The World appear on extra 1994. I’m surprised they chose Shakermaker for Oasis and none of their other songs. I was expecting Live Forever or Whatever and I hope Whatever appears on extra. I’m glad Love Me For A Reason is on there so it spaces out their 1995 singles better for when 1995 comes along. The Perfect Year peaked in December 1993 so should’ve been on there instead. Here’s a better quality photo Edited Thursday at 13:465 days by Hadji
Create an account or sign in to comment