Jump to content

Featured Replies

Posted

Quite a mad chart this week, I got a little tired of the Radio 1 Playlist so went rather off the grid with my listening plus there are some major dropouts and a bit of a mid Jorja song very high by default as old favourites decline.

Amazed Stop The Wedding isn't in yet too but it just hasn't had enough streams (looking at the stats I'd put this around #62).


However, I did turn my Wi-Fi off during some recent new music sessions so wondering if some data got missed, usually everything gets sent to last.fm once I switch it on again.

Anyway it'll be in soon enough.


Have a great weeknd!

THIS WEEK'S TOP 40

01 (01) Wasia Project: Vogue (26-7-1-1)

02 (06) Jorja Smith: Dancing (21-6-2)

03 (18) Nemzzz ft. Travis Scott: GASS (18-3)

04 (07) Miley Cyrus: Bass Persuades (34-26-7-4)

05 (19) Skepta ft. Suggs & Chase & Status: Innocent Smile (19-5)*

06 (NE) Fat Dog: Call It What You Want (6)

07 (03) ANOTR ft. Emily Warren: Silver Lines (36-21-2-1-3-7)

08 (16) beabedoobee: Memories (38-19-16-8)

09 (13) Sekou: Dangerous Lover (13-9)

10 (14) MK ft. Tristan Henry: Leaving (14-10)

11 (05) Tiffany Day & slayr: CONSTANTLY (14-5-11)

12 (02) Florence Road: 7563 (38-20-5-2-12)

13 (33) Yard Act: You're Gonna Need A Little Music (33-13)

14 (NE) Barry Can't Swim x Sammy Virji: I Could Be Madonna (14)

15 (27) Rosé: new trick (27-15)

16 (36) Chrystal & Rudimental: 3 2 1 (36-16)

17 (08) Phoebe Bridgers: Bobby (20-8-17)

18 (28) METTE: Small World (38-28-18)

19 (30) Andrea Oliva: Neon Hearts (30-19)

20 (04) Fontaines D.C.: Marianne (21-4-1-2-4-20)

21 (31) ADÉLA: Nicole Kidman (31-21)

22 (09) Kolter: Trapped (25-9-4-3-9-22)

23 (11) Cloonee & Prospa ft.Tristan Henry: Good Girl (30-17-11-6-11-23)

24 (37) Chase & Status ft. Debbie: Gone Too Far (34-37-24)

25 (29) Clementine Douglas: Trust (37-29-25)

26 (39) CHRIS STASSY ft. Marz Fay: U know me (28-39-26)

27 (38) CamelPhat: Landlords Nightmare (38-27)

28 (22) Danny Byrd, Doktor & Shapes: Bad Like We (40-22-28)

29 (12) Tame Impala: Loser (24-18-8-12-29)

30 (26) Sonny Fodera & Becky Hill: Say Something (36-26-30)

31 (23) KATSEYE: HOOTIE FRUTTI (27-18-23-31)

32 (24) Royal Blood: Ten Over Ten (40-17-24-32)

33 (NE) Lisa: SaWaDiKa (33)

34 (NE) Natasha Bedingfield: Dot Dot Dot (34)

35 (NE) Kanine & Jem Cooke: Surrender (35)

36 (NE) James Marriott: Burn Down The Disco (36)

37 (NE) Tinie Tempah x AFROJACK x Tropkillaz: To The Floor (Vai Descendo) (37)

38 (NE) Alewya: Cairo FM (38)

39 (NE) Hot Since 82: Time (39)

40 (20) Remi Wolf: Bottle (37-25-24-20-40)

OUT

10 (12) Interpol: Wings on Fire (18-13-12-10)

15 (04) Gorgon City ft. Jem Cooke: Oracle (38-30-16-5-8-4-15)

17 (16) Nothing But Thieves: Baby Kool (Evelyn) (30-14-16-17)

21 (11) Charli xcx: Camera (37-23-12-12-1-3-11-21)

25 (13) Slayyyter: BRAND NEW CHANEL$ (26-8-2-3-5-13-25)

32 (10) ADÉLA: Ain't In LA (13-3-7-6-10-32)

34 (15) Steve Lacy: Oh Yeah? (31-19-10-15-34)

35 (NE) MUNA: Eastside Girls (35)
40 (35) Chris Lake, Chris Lorenzo, Kenny Beats & CAKE: Long Jacket (35-40)

*Or should I say 'Track'? ;-)

Edited by HiyaLuv!

  • Replies 3
  • Views 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Hi there Hiya! Here are the Songs that I like from your Chart, specifically from your gains and debuts: 02 (06) Jorja Smith: Dancing (21-6-2) 04 (07) Miley Cyrus: Bass Persuades (34-26-7-4) 05 (19) S

Hi there Hiya!

Here are the Songs that I like from your Chart, specifically from your gains and debuts:

02 (06) Jorja Smith: Dancing (21-6-2)

04 (07) Miley Cyrus: Bass Persuades (34-26-7-4)

05 (19) Skepta ft. Suggs & Chase & Status: Innocent Smile (19-5)

09 (13) Sekou: Dangerous Lover (13-9)

10 (14) MK ft. Tristan Henry: Leaving (14-10)

15 (27) Rosé: new trick (27-15)

21 (31) ADÉLA: Nicole Kidman (31-21)

24 (37) Chase & Status ft. Debbie: Gone Too Far (34-37-24)

25 (29) Clementine Douglas: Trust (37-29-25)

27 (38) CamelPhat: Landlords Nightmare (38-27)

33 (NE) Lisa: Sawadika (33)

34 (NE) Natasha Bedingfield: Dot Dot Dot (34)

I mostly base my Charts on the new Music I hear on the Radio and Spotify, plus from Playlists like BBC Radio 1 and italian Radio stations like RTL 102.5, Radio Deejay and many more and even from countries like Finland, Netherlands, Turkey etc. I also grab some Music, so mostly to diverse my Charts from the Mainstream.

Really like your Chart selection, sometimes you can also take a break from Playlists and Discover new gems.

Great Chart!

Take care.

  • Author

Yeah, I generally use the Radio 1 playlist as a guide to what the important songs are because Spotify's New Music Friday UK & Ireland playlist is a minefield and it can be hard to know where to start even though I do add anything I like the look of on there to my own new music playlist.

But I never wanted my chart to just be the Radio 1 playlist in a different order so it's fun to get other stuff in there.

Obviously when I was young and the official charts were fun to follow most of the singles worth bothering with went Top 40, and when I went into my local record shops, there were around 10-15 singles in the new releases section so everything was very easy to comprehend but now there's tonnes of new music to get to get to grips with, New Music Friday tends to give you 100+ fresh songs every week but a lot of them are what would have been b-sides in the physical era.

It was so much easier to make sense of things then, and this is why I trust the Radio 1 playlist to act as an alternative and more diverse Top 40 whilst keeping an eye on what Radio 2 and 6 are playing too.

My system is to look at my past 30 days of streaming stats and rank the songs accordingly. I tried other ways of dong it and this was always the best one even if it means hardly anything enters high.

When I'm streaming in the evening I tend to move away from the R1 Playlist and check out other stuff on my new music playlist (the one where things are vying to get in my chart), hence all these Pete Tong-style songs getting in the lower reaches of my chart recently.

Edited by HiyaLuv!

Oh my goodness, that fall for Marianne. Is she okay?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.