Everything posted by Jester
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
Here is my top 10: 1= Get Lucky - Daft Punk ft Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers 1= La La La - Naughty Boy ft Sam Smith 3 Need U (100%) - Duke Dumont ft A*M*E 4 Waiting All Night - Rudimental ft Ella Eyre 5 Wake Me Up - Avicii 6 I Love It - Icona Pop ft Charli XCX 7 Love Me Again - John Newman 8 I Could Be The One - Avicii & Nicky Romero 9 Look Right Through - Storm Queen 10 Roar - Katy Perry A great year for number 1s!
-
Jim ranks the 1991 UK #1s
The top 2 aren’t my thing but they are decent songs. I think my top 5 would be: KLF - 3AM Eternal Enigma - Sadeness (Part 1) Queen - innuendo Jason Donovan - Any Dream Will Do Michael Jackson - Black or White Thanks for a great countdown Jim
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
Starting tomorrow….. Jester ranks the Number 1s of 2014
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
My pick for number 1 as well so great choice! Fab countdown, thanks Jaz.
-
Jim ranks the 1991 UK #1s
This would be top 2 for me, shame it’s not your winner. I love the KLF, they were so fresh at the time.
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
Bastille and Chris Malinchak would be my top 2 of those. I’m going to listen to the latter now….
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
Not a fan of Mirrors at all. I am JT ambivalent at best tbh.
-
Jim ranks the 1991 UK #1s
Listened to it again this morning due to this thread. The bridge of the Spanish guitar through to the oooh oooh part (badly described) is superb.
-
Jim ranks the 1991 UK #1s
Innuendo is immense and I’ve always loved it. Criminally overlooked I agree.
-
When did you start paying attention to the UK charts?
I used to wrote up the top 10 in a notebook while listening to the charts around 1988. I then went off the charts properly until around 1994 then have been interested ever since. Around 1996, I started to write down the number 1 albums and singles again. I love lists.
-
Top 100 Best Selling Singles Of The 1970s
I did wonder, but thought you might had said and I missed it!
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
That is a well named song as indeed I do!
-
Jim ranks the 1991 UK #1s
What a song! Would be my contender for the top I think.
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
Thrift Shop isn’t my sort of thing, but can’t help liking it!
-
SUBMISSIONS: Songs Multichart #1070
Jester’s Top Tunes 1072 1 (1) Friendly Fires – Lose All Your Friends // 8-4-1-1 (4 wks) 2 weeks at number 1 2 (2) Sienna Spiro – Great Expectations // 20-10-4-1-2-2 (6 wks) 3 (5) Mystery Jets – Long Lonely Road // 16-11-9-5-3 (5 wks) 4 (7) Chase & Status feat. Debbie – Gone Too Far // 22-13-7-4 (4 wks) 5 (8) Jessie Ware – Sauna (CamelPhat Remix) // 21-15-11-8-5 (5 wks) 6 (4) Madonna & Kylie Minogue – Love Sensation (After Hours Mix) // 18-12-4-1-3-4-6 (7 wks) 7 (9) Kasabian – SILVER APPLE EYES // 14-9-7 (3 wks) 8 (11) Jake Bugg – Never Can Tell // 18-11-8 (3 wks) 9 (RE) Dua Lipa – Training Season // 11-4-3-4-7-10-12-16-17-21-24-30-35-39-xx-9 (15 wks) 10 (3) Kolter – Trapped // 16-8-5-2-3-10 (6 wks) 11 (15) Sienna Spiro – Die On This Hill // 15-11 (2 wks) 12 (21) Becky Hill – Changes // 21-12 (2 wks) 13 (6) Overmono – After The Rain // 19-14-5-2-5-6-13 (7 wks) 14 (-) Ashe – Stop The Wedding! // 14 (1 wk) 15 (12) Snow Patrol & Kylie Minogue – These Alarms // 10-6-4-1-1-1-1-3-7-10-12-15 (12 wks) 16 (-) Troye Sivan – Party // 16 (1 wk) 17 (10) Temper City – Self Aware // 12-10-8-3-9-12-18-19-20-20-19-18-12-10-4-1-3-7-10-17 (19 wks) 18 (17) Olivia Rodrigo – The Cure // 9-5-4-1-1-1-1-1-3-5-7-8-12-13-15-17-18 (17 wks) 19 (18) Sombr – My Body Isn’t Ready // 16-11-10-6-5-2-4-6-9-14-16-18-19 (13 wks) 20 (20) M83 – Blister Sunrise // 21-20-20 (3 wks) 21 (16) Madonna – Danceteria // 15-13-12-11-8-3-2-6-10-12-16-21 (12 wks) 22 (14) Keane x Everything Everything – A Very Bad Dream (Remix) // 11-11-2-6-8-14-22 (7 wks) 23 (19) Harry Styles – Ready Steady Go! // 20-13-12-11-7-3-2-5-7-12-17-19-23 (11 wks) 24 (22) Kylie Minogue - Light Up // 12-8-4-1-4-4-6-7-8-9-10-13-15-18-18-19-22-24 (18 wks) 25 (23) Michael Jackson – Human Nature // 6-1-1-2-5-5-7-8-9-10-11-15-17-19-19-20-23-25 (18 wks) 26 (24) The Chemical Brothers – Go // 7-1-2-2-3-6-6-8-9-10-12-13-16-18-20-21-22-24-26 (19 wks) 27 (25) Tame Impala feat. JENNIE – Dracula (JENNIE Remix) // 2-1-1-3-5-6-7-7-8-9-12-14-14-14-15-17-19-23-24-25-25-27 (22 wks) 28 (26) Slayyyter – DANCE… // 11-8-3-3-2-2-5-6-7-9-10-15-17-23-26-28 (16 wks) 29 (27) Mystery Jets – A Hole To See The Sky Through I // 10-6-2-2-3-5-7-8-9-12-13-17-20-24-27-29 (16 wks) 30 (28) Sombr – Potential // 10-7-4-3-1-4-7-8-9-10-12-16-16-16-16-21-23-23-24-26-28-28-30 (23 wks) 31 (29) The Snuts – Defibrillator // 14-10-5-4-3-2-4-5-7-13-23-27-29-31 (14 wks) 32 (31) Ariana Grande – Hate That I Made You Love Me // 23-22-20-25-33-34-36-37-31-32 (10 wks) 33 (30) Silva Bumpa – On 2Nite // 14-12-8-4-3-2-4-6-8-9-14-16-26-30-33 (15 wks) 34 (32) ANOTR & 54 Ultra – Talk To You // 9-6-4-2-2-6-14-15-16-18-23-26-28-25-22-20-17-14-21-25-27-29-32-34 (24 wks) 35 (34) Harry Styles – American Girls // 9-1-1-1-3-5-6-7-8-9-13-14-17-19-19-21-24-24-24-25-26-29-29-30-31-32-34-35 (28 wks) 36 (13) Troye Sivan – She’s The Best // 22-11-9-6-13-36 (6 wks) 37 (36) Madonna – I Feel So Free // 10-5-4-2-7-13-19-24-25-28-29-27-29-29-30-31-32-33-35-36-36-37 (22 wks) 38 (33) Prospa & Cloonee – Free Your Mind // 21-7-4-3-12-14-22-24-27-27-28-25-24-25-28-28-26-28-30-33-38 (21 wks) 39 (38) Taylor Swift – I Knew It, I Knew You // 12-11-9-7-14-15-15-17-23-26-34-35-37-38-38-39 (16 wks) 40 (38) Alex Warren – Fever Dream // 19-15-12-11-9-6-5-3-1-3-5-7-9-10-13-17-22-24-26-26-26-26-27-30-31-32-33-35-38-40 (30 wks)
-
Top 100 Best Selling Singles Of The 1970s
Eurgh, I despise Sailing. I love a bit of Bright Eyes though, even if the film is terrifying.
-
Jim ranks the 1991 UK #1s
Everything I Do is a classic and I’m very fond of it. It’s not fantastic by any means but it’s infamous and iconic.
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
Never a fan of Wrecking Ball. I just don’t get the appeal 🤷♂️ Better than her other one however.
-
00s Top 10 Sales- Week By Week- 2000
Some real goodies both in and outside these top 10s Deeper Shade of Blue is a fab Steps song - a much more mature sound Flowers is a garage classic - a shame Craig David beat them to number 1 but there never was going to be another result that week. The Bad Touch remains hilarious, the BBC censoring nuts is 🤣 Black Box Recorder’s The Facts of Life unlocked a great forgotten song - I’ll add that to my Spotify playlist now! Of course the main highlight is Tocas Miracle which is rightly a dance classic Airwave is also fab. Two great episodes showing the variety of the charts back then.
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
I don’t mind it. Shame Bastille couldn’t get to number though.
-
Top 100 Best Selling Singles Of The 1970s
Also wow at how big My Sweet Lord was at the time 😮 He was the Beatle that was a bit overlooked imo, but he was a great songwriter and singer.
-
Friendly Fires - Dig Deeper
And for mine!
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
Roar is fab! Her last great record imo.
-
Friendly Fires - Dig Deeper
Love magnetic and have preordered the popcorn splatter vinyl.
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
My joint favourite number 1 of the year and would be in my top 5 for the decade. Love love love it!