Jump to content

Jester

Veteran
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jester

  1. It’s not usually my sort of music, but I have quite the soft spot for Give Me Everything. Tune!
  2. I’ve revisited Emelie Sande’s Heaven and it’s still her best song by miles. Lifted is also great of course.
  3. She was literally everywhere for a while. I’m still Not ready to revisit tbh.
  4. Thanks for continuing 🤩
  5. Thanks again Gezza!
  6. Jester’s Top Tunes 1061 1 (1) Olivia Rodrigo – The Cure // 9-5-4-1-1-1 (6 wks) 3 weeks at number 1 2 (3) Slayyyter – DANCE… // 11-8-3-3-2 (5 wks) 3 (2) Mystery Jets – A Hole To See The Sky Through I // 10-6-2-2-3 (5 wks) 4 (8) Silva Bumpa – On 2Nite // 14-12-8-4 (4 wks) 5 (10) The Snuts – Defibrillator // 14-10-5 (3 wks) 6 (4) Kylie Minogue - Light Up // 12-8-4-1-4-4-6 (7 wks) 7 (5) Michael Jackson – Human Nature // 6-1-1-2-5-5-7 (7 wks) 8 (6) The Chemical Brothers – Go // 7-1-2-2-3-6-6-8 (8 wks) 9 (14) Tame Impala – Hummer // 14-9 (2 wks) 10 (-) Snow Patrol & Kylie Minogue – These Alarms // 10 (1 wk) 11 (16) Sombr – My Body Isn’t Ready // 16-11 (2 wks) 12 (9) Tame Impala feat. JENNIE – Dracula (JENNIE Remix) // 2-1-1-3-5-6-7-7-8-9-12 (11 wks) 13 (20) Harry Styles – Ready Steady Go! // 20-13 (2 wks) 14 (7) Taylor Swift – I Knew It, I Knew You // 12-11-9-7-14 (5 wks) 15 (-) Madonna – Danceteria // 15 (1 wk) 16 (12) Sombr – Potential // 10-7-4-3-1-4-7-8-9-10-12-16 (12 wks) 17 (13) Olivia Rodrigo – Drop Dead // 11-11-9-6-13-17-17-23-25-27-13-17 (12 wks) 18 (11) Alex Warren – PASSENGER // 21-15-13-11-18 (5 wks) 19 (17) Martin Garrix & Ed Sheeran – Repeat It // 11-10-4-3-5-7-17-19 (8 wks) 20 (19) Temper City – Self Aware // 12-10-8-3-9-12-18-19-20 (9 wks) 21 (-) Josh Baker & Poppy Baskcomb – My Place // 21 (1 wk) 22 (15) Madonna – Love Sensation // 22-16-16-15-22 (5 wks) 23 (18) Boards Of Canada – You Retreat In Time And Space // 20-15-13-11-18-23 (6 wks) 24 (21) Harry Styles – American Girls // 9-1-1-1-3-5-6-7-8-9-13-14-17-19-19-21-24 (17 wks) 25 (22) Noah Kahan – Doors // 9-5-2-5-6-10-17-22-25 (9 wks) 26 (24) Alex Warren – Fever Dream // 19-15-12-11-9-6-5-3-1-3-5-7-9-10-13-17-22-24-26 (19 wks) 27 (27) Prospa & Cloonee – Free Your Mind // 21-7-4-3-12-14-22-24-27-27 (10 wks) 28 (26) ANOTR & 54 Ultra – Talk To You // 9-6-4-2-2-6-14-15-16-18-23-26-28 (13 wks) 29 (28) Madonna – I Feel So Free // 10-5-4-2-7-13-19-24-25-28-29 (11 wks) 30 (29) Sombr – Homewrecker // 10-8-4-4-2-2-5-4-2-1-1-3-6-10-14-16-16-18-23-26-29-30 (22 wks) 31 (23) ANOTR & 3DDY – It’s So Nice // 20-15-23-31 (4 wks) 32 (25) Chrystal – The One // 21-20-25-32 (4 wks) 33 (30) Harry Styles – Aperture // 10-5-2-1-3-3-5-5-8-8-12-13-14-14-15-18-21-23-25-26-28-28-30-33 (24 wks) 34 (31) Pulp – Background Noise // 7-5-1-1-3-4-6-7-7-9-13-14-14-14-14-15-16-17-19-22-24-26-27-29-30-31-34 (26 wks) 35 (32) Djo – The Crux // 4-1-3-4-6-6-7-8-8-10-14-15-15-15-15-16-17-18-20-23-26-27-28-30-32-32-35 (27 wks) 36 (34) Tame Impala – My Old Ways // 13-5-4-2-5-8-14-18-22-24-25-27-29-34-36 (15 wks) 37 (36) Arctic Monkeys – Opening Night // 9-4-1-5-6-6-6-10-10-10-13-16-19-21-22-25-31-32-34-34-34-35-36-37 (24 wks) 38 (33) Jazzy & Chris Lorenzo – Invisible // 21-33-38 (3 wks) 39 (35) Sam Fender & Olivia Dean – Rein Me In // 13-11-10-6-4-3-1-3-3-2-1-1-1-4-5-4-7-8-9-11-13-17-20-22-24-26-31-35-39 (29 wks) 40 (37) Mystery Jets – Black Sage // 12-11-11-20-31-33-37-40 (8 wks)
  7. Great song from George, a fair placing.
  8. Heart Skips A Beat is waaaaaaay better than this. It’s a bit generic tbh.
  9. I’ve never ‘got’ Rock Me Amadeus. I can’t say whether I like it or not!
  10. Always liked Grenade, great song.
  11. Given the lower quality of 1986 number 1s, I’d have this higher than my 1987 placing.
  12. Ahh Dappy and his No Eeeeegrets. Awful.
  13. Heart Skips A Beat would be easily in my top 10. Best thing he did besides Dear Darlin’
  14. And there is my bottom song at last. Awful slush. I am afraid I despise it!
  15. Jester’s Top Tunes 1060 1 (1) Olivia Rodrigo – The Cure // 9-5-4-1-1 (5 wks) 2 weeks at number 1 2 (2) Mystery Jets – A Hole To See The Sky Through I // 10-6-2-2 (4 wks) 3 (3) Slayyyter – DANCE… // 11-8-3-3 (4 wks) 4 (4) Kylie Minogue - Light Up // 12-8-4-1-4-4 (6 wks) 5 (5) Michael Jackson – Human Nature // 6-1-1-2-5-5 (6 wks) 6 (6) The Chemical Brothers – Go // 7-1-2-2-3-6-6 (7 wks) 7 (9) Taylor Swift – I Knew It, I Knew You // 12-11-9-7 (4 wks) 8 (12) Silva Bumpa – On 2Nite // 14-12-8 (3 wks) 9 (8) Tame Impala feat. JENNIE – Dracula (JENNIE Remix) // 2-1-1-3-5-6-7-7-8-9 (10 wks) 10 (14) The Snuts – Defibrillator // 14-10 (2 wks) 11 (13) Alex Warren – PASSENGER // 21-15-13-11 (4 wks) 12 (10) Sombr – Potential // 10-7-4-3-1-4-7-8-9-10-12 (11 wks) 13 (27) Olivia Rodrigo – Drop Dead // 11-11-9-6-13-17-17-23-25-27-13 (11 wks) 14 (-) Tame Impala – Hummer // 14 (1 wk) 15 (16) Madonna – Love Sensation // 22-16-16-15 (4 wks) 16 (-) Sombr – My Body Isn’t Ready // 16 (1 wk) 17 (7) Martin Garrix & Ed Sheeran – Repeat It // 11-10-4-3-5-7-17 (7 wks) 18 (11) Boards Of Canada – You Retreat In Time And Space // 20-15-13-11-18 (5 wks) 19 (18) Temper City – Self Aware // 12-10-8-3-9-12-18-19 (8 wks) 20 (-) Harry Styles – Ready Steady Go! // 20 (1 wk) 21 (19) Harry Styles – American Girls // 9-1-1-1-3-5-6-7-8-9-13-14-17-19-19-21 (16 wks) 22 (17) Noah Kahan – Doors // 9-5-2-5-6-10-17-22 (8 wks) 23 (15) ANOTR & 3DDY – It’s So Nice // 20-15-23 (3 wks) 24 (22) Alex Warren – Fever Dream // 19-15-12-11-9-6-5-3-1-3-5-7-9-10-13-17-22-24 (18 wks) 25 (20) Chrystal – The One // 21-20-25 (3 wks) 26 (23) ANOTR & 54 Ultra – Talk To You // 9-6-4-2-2-6-14-15-16-18-23-26 (12 wks) 27 (24) Prospa & Cloonee – Free Your Mind // 21-7-4-3-12-14-22-24-27 (9 wks) 28 (25) Madonna – I Feel So Free // 10-5-4-2-7-13-19-24-25-28 (10 wks) 29 (26) Sombr – Homewrecker // 10-8-4-4-2-2-5-4-2-1-1-3-6-10-14-16-16-18-23-26-29 (21 wks) 30 (28) Harry Styles – Aperture // 10-5-2-1-3-3-5-5-8-8-12-13-14-14-15-18-21-23-25-26-28-28-30 (23 wks) 31 (30) Pulp – Background Noise // 7-5-1-1-3-4-6-7-7-9-13-14-14-14-14-15-16-17-19-22-24-26-27-29-30-31 (25 wks) 32 (32) Djo – The Crux // 4-1-3-4-6-6-7-8-8-10-14-15-15-15-15-16-17-18-20-23-26-27-28-30-32-32 (26 wks) 33 (21) Jazzy & Chris Lorenzo – Invisible // 21-33 (2 wks) 34 (29) Tame Impala – My Old Ways // 13-5-4-2-5-8-14-18-22-24-25-27-29-34 (14 wks) 35 (31) Sam Fender & Olivia Dean – Rein Me In // 13-11-10-6-4-3-1-3-3-2-1-1-1-4-5-4-7-8-9-11-13-17-20-22-24-26-31-35 (28 wks) 36 (35) Arctic Monkeys – Opening Night // 9-4-1-5-6-6-6-10-10-10-13-16-19-21-22-25-31-32-34-34-34-35-36 (23 wks) 37 (33) Mystery Jets – Black Sage // 12-11-11-20-31-33-37 (7 wks) 38 (34) Becky Hill - >>>hands on me<<< // 20-15-15-18-19-29-32-34-38 (9 wks) 39 (38) Taylor Swift – Elizabeth Taylor // 21-16-14-20-23-35-27-21-12-8-7-6-3-3-2-4-8-12-17-24-27-29-33-35-38-39 (26 wks) 40 (38) PinkPantheress feat. Zara Larsson – Stateside // 11-9-5-3-3-7-2-7-8-9-13-16-21-26-29-30-35-38-38-40 (20 wks)
  16. More dirge from Example 😫
  17. I always felt very ambivalent towards Pixie Lott. She’s very beige.
  18. I still enjoy the Lighthouse Family. Gentler times!
  19. Cher Lloyd? Disgustang!!
  20. Sales for singles were not stellar in general for Indie bands like Pulp, the exception being Oasis of course. They were more album sellers.
  21. That’s probably in my top 2 and yet the other bottom 2 for me track is still to come 🤪🤪
  22. As choirs go, it’s not bad.
  23. Yay Pulp! Glad they made the list.
  24. I despise the Lazy Song. Awful awful awful.
  25. Ahh now there is one of my bottom 2! Awful schmaltzy song.