Jade
Buzzjack's Sweetheart
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: The Pop Factor: Season 3 • Boot Camp: Part Two in Bratislava (Solo Male)
Everything posted by Jade
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 18th September 2026
Oh Fontaines, what an amazing start to the show ❤️ very excited they've announced a ROSALÍA collab on their new album...!
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 18th September 2026
Afternoon all here's hoping to hear 'No Scrubs' and 'Talking Body' on today's show then if our resets follow suit, as per gasman's post. My top 3 songs from each throwback top 10 chart: 2025 01 sombr - 12 to 12 02 Sabrina Carpenter - Tears 03 Sam Fender & Olivia Dean - Rein Me In 2021 01 Lil Nas X - INDUSTRY BABY (feat. Jack Harlow) 02 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart 03 Ed Sheeran - Shivers 2016 01 Twenty One Pilots - Heathens 02 Major Lazer - Cold Water (feat. Justin Bieber & MØ) 03 Drake - One Dance (feat. WizKid & Kyla) 2011 01 Will Young - Jealousy 02 The Saturdays - All Fired Up 03 Calvin Harris - Feel So Close 2006 01 Shakira - Hips Don't Lie (feat. Wyclef Jean) 02 The Killers - When You Were Young 03 Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous (feat. Timbaland) 2001 01 The Supermen Lovers - Starlight (feat. Mani Hoffman) 02 N-Trance - Set You Free 2001 03 Five - Let's Dance 1996 01 Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity 02 Spice Girls - Wannabe 03 OMC - How Bizarre 20 years since 'Rudebox' essentially torpedoed Robbie's imperial phase! I actually quite like the accompanying album.
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 18/09/26
Spotify has updated. 'Nicole Kidman' has entered the top 10 so both of ADÉLA's hits have (currently) peaked at #10 on there! Also... 198 Chris Isaak - Wicked Game 😍 weirdly I actually listened to this yesterday, the impact *.*
-
Julian rates every Top 40 hit: the 1980s edition
'Blasphemous Rumours' would top its group for me but 'The Riddle' is great too, a timeless melody. As recently mentioned in my decade-by-decade countdown, 'Two Tribes' is of course my favourite Frankie chart topper, but 'The Power Of Love' is absolutely gorgeous as well - so can't knock that favourite at all, would definitely top this group for me too. What a varied trio of #1s sonically and thematically with the overarching sex -> war -> religion directions. 'One Night In Bankok' is also fantastic! Glad it went down quite well on SyncTube. 'Like A Virgin' isn't a Madonna favourite for me, but I admire how she made such an impact with the VMAs performance for it. Rounding off on a high as 'Shout' would certainly top that group for me too 🥰 I like the Wham and Band Aid songs as well despite overplay. I can see why the latter is viewed under a more critical lens now but I particularly still enjoy it sonically; the later versions never come close to that original production. I think I discovered that San Solo song through BJSC and it's also fab! Well, now I'm done covering the 1980s in my countdown thread, a top 40 of 1984 is due and I think it'd look like this... 01 Prince and the Revolution - When Doves Cry 02 Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Two Tribes 03 Eurythmics - Here Comes the Rain Again 04 Grandmaster and Melle Mel - White Lines (Don't Do It) 05 Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax 06 Prince and the Revolution - Purple Rain 07 Echo and the Bunnymen - The Killing Moon 08 Giorgio Moroder with Philip Oakey - Together In Electric Dreams 09 Bronski Beat - Smalltown Boy 10 Frankie Goes to Hollywood - The Power Of Love 11 Nena - 99 Red Balloons 12 Propaganda - Dr Mabuse 13 Tears For Fears - Shout 14 Cocteau Twins - Pearly-Dewdrops' Drops 15 George Michael - Careless Whisper 16 Ultravox - Dancing With Tears In My Eyes 17 Fiction Factory - (Feels Like) Heaven 18 Malcolm McLaren - Madam Butterfly (Un Bel Di Vedremo) 19 Alphaville - Big In Japan 20 Depeche Mode - Master and Servant 21 Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face 22 Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me 23 The Cars - Drive 24 Afrika Bambaataa And The Soul Sonic Force - The Renegades Of Funk 25 Bananarama - Robert De Niro's Waiting 26 Depeche Mode - Blasphemous Rumours 27 Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok 28 Sade - Smooth Operator 29 The Style Council - Shout to the Top 30 Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time 31 Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark 32 Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want to Have Fun 33 The Pointer Sisters - Automatic 34 Depeche Mode - People Are People 35 Rufus And Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody 36 Limahl - Never Ending Story 37 Chaka Khan - I Feel For You 38 Siouxsie And The Banshees - Dazzle 39 The Smiths - Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now 40 Laura Branigan - Self Control Well done for tackling another year Julian, have enjoyed following the thread and SyncTube sessions as ever. What a year *.*
-
PopMaster & Ten To The Top II
Yes well done John for the full house yesterday! today's game: Round 1: 30 (didn't get: Guys 'n' Dolls, The Beat) Round 2: 33 (didn't get: Bill Wyman) 3-in-10: 3 (Gettin' Jiggy Wit It, Summertime, Wild Wild West)
-
Radio 1 Playlist (18/09/26): Trust in the memories of my innocent smile
Happy to see Fat Dog making the cut this week!
-
My record of the week 60 years ago
'You Can't Hurry Love' and 'Bend It!' are both strong top picks, can't argue with those! I recently re-listened to my favourites from the latter group following Beaky's passing so 'Bend It!' is quite fresh in my head at the moment, a wonderfully quirky record. Speaking of wonderfully quirky... I really like 'Winchester Cathedral' as well (was stunned when I first found out it went to #1 in the U.S.) although have never picked up on the vocal sounding similar to White Town before, that is a great shout!
-
Troye Sivan - Party
I'm a 'She's the Best' defender but this wasn't really doing it for me on first listen even with that sample hmmmm, here's hoping it'll grow!
-
Top 100 Best Selling Singles Of The 1970s
'My Sweet Lord' is more like it... wonderful start to the top 10! I can hear the similarity to 'She's So Fine' but that doesn't take away from my enjoyment of it. The accompanying album All Things Must Pass is my favourite solo Beatles project for sure.
-
Julian rates every pre 1980 Top 40 hit
Ahhh I'm so pleased my countdown thread inspired you to revive this! Reading that made me smile. For some reason it took me a while to get into 'Starman', which frustrated me, as I knew it was Brer's favourite Bowie song and our taste is usually so in sync. However, it finally clicked after I watched his legendary TOTP performance of the song. Not quite sure what I was on before but that's easily my favourite here now too! I was introduced to a couple of these songs in other versions - like the Prince cover of 'Betcha by Golly', Wow' and S Club Juniors doing 'Puppy Love'. Thankfully there is a much better Osmonds-adjacent animal hit on the way. I can't remember where I discovered '10538 Overture' and 'Conquistador' but I really like both too, pleased to see the former topping that group! I can hear the 'Strawberry Fields Forever' comparison. 'Hot Butter' feels ridiculously ahead of its time and I liked Tove Lo's track '2 Die 4' which interpolates it too, shall see if that turns up in the Pop Factor.
-
Jade's top 10 songs of each decade: 1960s - 2020s (so far!)
This was quite possibly my most predictable decade for anyone who has been attending the SyncTube sessions, since it was crammed full of early '80s hits we've been discussing indeed. I usually reference the quality of 1981 but this project made me realise how many of my ultimate favourites were recorded in 1980. Oops at quite how dominant the early '80s turned out to be here, though! There was certainly some interesting movements happening towards the end of the decade as well but I'm a sucker for that post-punk / new wave / new romantics period. Here's hoping 'Crash' might be a grower! Haha no worries, I love your passion for all things ABBA <3 I think I've heard The Visitors once and enjoyed but definitely need to give it another spin. Loads of good tunes here - I particularly love 'Ashes to Ashes', 'Once In a Lifetime', 'Rock the Casbah', 'White Lines (Don't Do It)', 'The Sun Always Shines on TV', 'Like a Prayer', 'Jack Your Body', 'Back to Life (However Do You Want Me)', 'You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)', 'Don't You (Forget About Me)', 'Sowing the Seeds of Love', 'Need You Tonight', 'There She Goes', 'Ace of Spades', 'Duel' and 'Echo Beach' as well - phew! I'm particularly happy to see some love for 'Jack Your Body' as that felt quite underrated on here in the 'ranking the #1s of 1987' thread we had not too long ago. 'To Cut A Long Story Short' is my favourite Spandau song, nice shout there! 🥳 taste! You know me too well x Hope you enjoy Unknown Pleasures when/if you get around to it <3 I remember getting both that and the Barbie movie soundtrack on vinyl for my birthday a few years ago, the duality lol. I'm glad All Mod Cons left a strong impression on you <3 I particularly love that 1-2 punch of 'A' Bomb In Wardour Street' and 'Down In The Tube Station At Midnight' at the end; "I've a little money and a takeaway curry" is an iconic lyric in amongst the dark subject matter of the latter. *.* I'd say their second album This Is The Modern World was a dip in quality for me but genuinely all the rest of their studio albums are so good, I'd highly recommend Setting Sons (personal bias as it's my fave x), Sound Affects due to its Revolver influence and The Gift if 'Town Called Malice' is your favourite. Their quality control was admirable. Weller's songwriting of course can't hold a candle to the genius of 'London Underground' though xx I thought I had remembered you being a fan of 'Crash', yay! Mr Bean's Holiday truly opening up our worlds x Ooh I don't think I was aware of your previous stance on 'Lay All Your Love On Me' (or had forgotten if so) but very pleased to see you've come around to it <3 That's a fantastic top 10! I feel like 'Kids in America' is surprisingly underrated on the forum so I'm pleased you love it too, I did highlight 'Cambodia' in the honourable mentions but that's right up there for Kim Wilde too.
-
Miley Cyrus feat. Model/Actriz - Different Religion
The Model/Actriz influence on this song is even heavier than I anticipated, I’m on board 🤩
-
Jade's Top 40 | #494 (17.09.26)
banner courtesy of Joseph *.* Chart #494 | 17.09.26 01. Working Men's Club - Devout 02. Fontaines D.C. - Marianne [05-01-01-02] 03. Shygirl - Alyse [01-02-02-03] 04. Kidskin - HEAVEN [03-04] 05. Sophia Stel - I Do 06. Slayyyter - brand new chanel$ [01-01-01-02-03-04-06] 07. Radio Free Alice - Crying With You [13-05-07] 08. Cannelle - BB Blue [05-03-01-01-02-02-03-04-05-06-08] 09. Shygirl - Lucky[Hymn] 10. Ela Minus and Nick León - qué les pasó a mis amigos? [08-04-06-06-07-10] 11. LONOWN & Asenssia - addiction [10-08-11] 12. tlen - patnik [03-02-03-04-09-12] 13. Troye Sivan - She's the Best [05-07-07-10-13] 14. Charli xcx - Magic Metal Montana [04-03-04-06-09-08-11-14] 15. Flawed Mangoes - Shooting Star 16. After - Blind [12-16] 17. Cyst - Needle [18-16-23-20-17] 18. Slayyyter - crank 2 19. Bleech 9:3 - Figure 8 [38-39-25-19] 20. Joe Goddard - You 21. CAIVA - Head In The Clouds [14-13-21] 22. Olivia Rodrigo - the cure [08-05-03-02-01-01-01-01-02-02-04-05-07-10-09-14-22] 23. Cyst - Pest [40-23] 24. Gilla Band - Alogia 25. Gurriers - Pins 26. Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades [15-26] 27. After - Take Me to Sunrise [10-08-07-06-08-11-11-16-27] 28. Boy Harsher - Tough Luck (When You Don't Call) [19-17-28] 29. Adult DVD - Rolling Face [15-13-16-18-29] 30. The Big Moon - Three Things 31. waist - bravado [08-12-19-31] 32. untitled - Tinted View 33. Angèle - Une seule vie [24-32-33] 34. Ghostly Kisses - Fade from Me [25-22-34] 35. trentemøller - Terrified (feat. Jonas Bjerre) [17-23-35] 36. Ariana Grande - nowhere, nobody [05-07-09-14-18-24-36] 37. Olivia Rodrigo - serena joy [20-26-37] 38. Otik - Unquiet 39. LONOWN & Baby Jane - alone with you [01-01-01-02-02-02-02-03-03-06-09-10-15-21-27-39] 40. AMARA ctk100 - Creamy DROPOUTS xx Collide - Freak Like Me [12-15-21-xx] xx Fat Dog - Call It What You Want [28-xx] xx Amelie Lens - drift away [29-xx] xx Brutalismus 3000 - Drop Your Spirit [30-xx] xx SOAK - death valley fridge magnet [22-31-xx] xx Vioflesh - Call me [33-xx] xx Ariana Grande - oh well [08-10-11-17-26-34-xx] xx daine - PQC [12-14-16-25-35-35-xx] xx DJ BORING & Luuk Van Dijk - Precious Diamond [36-xx] xx Rebecca Black - Corsetry [37-xx] xx Angus & Julia Stone - The Start [38-xx] xx Rebecca Black - Metamorphia [39-xx] CHART FLASHBACK (2025) 01. Wolf Alice - The Sofa [35-29-25-20-13-04-01-01-01] 02. Zanias - Serpentsmile [04-02] 03. S1RENA - DNA 1NTERLUDE / DNA [06-03] 04. Chappell Roan - The Subway [01-01-01-03-02-04] 05. Snõõper - Worldwide [08-07-05] 06. Ethel Cain - Nettles [02-01-01-01-01-01-02-02-02-02-02-04-05-06] 07. Doja Cat - Jealous Type [02-03-07] 08. Danny L Harle - Starlight (feat. PinkPantheress) [15-05-04-03-04-05-06-09-08] 09. Night Tapes - helix [10-02-02-01-01-04-05-06-07-10-09] 10. uvula - ty' i tvoya ten' [05-03-03-05-08-10] Congratulations to Working Men's Club for achieving their second #1 in my chart following 'Widow' back in 2022 🖤 thank you for the comments last week <3
-
Jade's Archive
banner courtesy of Joseph *.* Chart #494 | 17.09.26 01. Working Men's Club - Devout 02. Fontaines D.C. - Marianne [05-01-01-02] 03. Shygirl - Alyse [01-02-02-03] 04. Kidskin - HEAVEN [03-04] 05. Sophia Stel - I Do 06. Slayyyter - brand new chanel$ [01-01-01-02-03-04-06] 07. Radio Free Alice - Crying With You [13-05-07] 08. Cannelle - BB Blue [05-03-01-01-02-02-03-04-05-06-08] 09. Shygirl - Lucky[Hymn] 10. Ela Minus and Nick León - qué les pasó a mis amigos? [08-04-06-06-07-10] 11. LONOWN & Asenssia - addiction [10-08-11] 12. tlen - patnik [03-02-03-04-09-12] 13. Troye Sivan - She's the Best [05-07-07-10-13] 14. Charli xcx - Magic Metal Montana [04-03-04-06-09-08-11-14] 15. Flawed Mangoes - Shooting Star 16. After - Blind [12-16] 17. Cyst - Needle [18-16-23-20-17] 18. Slayyyter - crank 2 19. Bleech 9:3 - Figure 8 [38-39-25-19] 20. Joe Goddard - You 21. CAIVA - Head In The Clouds [14-13-21] 22. Olivia Rodrigo - the cure [08-05-03-02-01-01-01-01-02-02-04-05-07-10-09-14-22] 23. Cyst - Pest [40-23] 24. Gilla Band - Alogia 25. Gurriers - Pins 26. Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades [15-26] 27. After - Take Me to Sunrise [10-08-07-06-08-11-11-16-27] 28. Boy Harsher - Tough Luck (When You Don't Call) [19-17-28] 29. Adult DVD - Rolling Face [15-13-16-18-29] 30. The Big Moon - Three Things 31. waist - bravado [08-12-19-31] 32. untitled - Tinted View 33. Angèle - Une seule vie [24-32-33] 34. Ghostly Kisses - Fade from Me [25-22-34] 35. trentemøller - Terrified (feat. Jonas Bjerre) [17-23-35] 36. Ariana Grande - nowhere, nobody [05-07-09-14-18-24-36] 37. Olivia Rodrigo - serena joy [20-26-37] 38. Otik - Unquiet 39. LONOWN & Baby Jane - alone with you [01-01-01-02-02-02-02-03-03-06-09-10-15-21-27-39] 40. AMARA ctk100 - Creamy Congratulations to Working Men's Club for achieving their second #1 in my chart following 'Widow' back in 2022 🖤 thank you for the comments last week <3
-
SUBMISSIONS: Songs Multichart #1069
1 - Working Men's Club - Devout 2 - Fontaines D.C. - Marianne 3 - Shygirl - Alyse 4 - Kidskin - HEAVEN 5 - Sophia Stel - I Do 6 - Slayyyter - brand new chanel$ 7 - Radio Free Alice - Crying With You 8 - Cannelle - BB Blue 9 - Shygirl - Lucky[Hymn] 10 - Ela Minus and Nick León - qué les pasó a mis amigos? 11 - LONOWN & Asenssia - addiction 12 - tlen - patnik 13 - Troye Sivan - She's the Best 14 - Charli xcx - Magic Metal Montana 15 - Flawed Mangoes - Shooting Star 16 - After - Blind 17 - Cyst - Needle 18 - Slayyyter - crank 2 19 - Bleech 9:3 - Figure 8 20 - Joe Goddard - You 21 - CAIVA - Head In The Clouds 22 - Olivia Rodrigo - the cure 23 - Cyst - Pest 24 - Gilla Band - Alogia 25 - Gurriers - Pins 26 - Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades 27 - After - Take Me to Sunrise 28 - Boy Harsher - Tough Luck (When You Don't Call) 29 - Adult DVD - Rolling Face 30 - The Big Moon - Three Things 31 - waist - bravado 32 - untitled - Tinted View 33 - Angèle - Une seule vie 34 - Ghostly Kisses - Fade from Me 35 - trentemøller - Terrified (feat. Jonas Bjerre) 36 - Ariana Grande - nowhere, nobody 37 - Olivia Rodrigo - serena joy 38 - Otik - Unquiet 39 - LONOWN & Baby Jane - alone with you 40 - AMARA ctk100 - Creamy
-
Bop Idol 8 : Whole Lotta History - Confirmations
I think I've understood the assignment correctly, confirmed!
-
Saturday Night Live UK
We're definitely getting Jack Shep in an Ed Sheeran wig this weekend aren't we x
-
SUBMISSIONS: Albums Multichart #551
01 Phoebe Bridgers - Lost Weekend 02 Olivia Rodrigo - you seem pretty sad for a girl so in love 03 Charli xcx - Music, Fashion, Film 04 Slayyyter - WOR$T GIRL IN AMERICA 05 Overmono - Pure Devotion 06 Rebecca Black - Age of the Exhibitionist 07 Ariana Grande - petal. 08 Cannelle - CINNA 09 Westside Cowboy - It Goes On 10 Bonobo - Distance in Static
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • The Room Auditions in Rotterdam (Groups)
Fontaines have announced a ROSALÍA (!) collab on their new album Here’s how she can still win x
-
New physical purchases in 2026
I'm so jealous of everything in this picture! Especially the Mag Bay one 😍 they look stunning.
-
Fontaines D.C. - Dopamine Chamber
?!?!?!?!?! I can't breathe
-
petal. • 8th Album
^ Oh that's a great fit for an album called petal. *.* I have one of those variants for Wolf Alice's The Clearing although that did have a track on it called 'Bloom Baby Bloom'!
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 11/09/26
Spotify has updated. 40 Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Can't Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton) (+30) ❤️
-
Ariana's Ultimate Album - Track 2
Impressive that a song from Ari's debut album came out on top, but it is a good one, so no complaints! I'm another who chose 'Dangerous Woman' as favourite and 'blazed' least favourite this time
-
Pop Track of the Week 2026: Week 37
Voted for 'crank 2' which has similarly grown on me now I know what to expect. I also quite enjoyed 'Creamy', the production was reminding me of 'Tenderoni' by Kele and I'm a sucker for that sound