Jump to content

Jade

Buzzjack's Sweetheart

Everything posted by Jade

  1. 1980s #08 Pet Shop Boys - 'West End Girls' (1985) #07 Frankie Goes To Hollywood - 'Two Tribes' (1984) Pet Shop Boys are the first act to drop out that I've had the pleasure of seeing live! My parents took me and my brother to Take That's Progress tour when we were 12 and 13, which was a big 5-piece spectacle at Wembley Stadium, with Pet Shop Boys as the support act. It was a great time! I could have picked from a multitude of songs in their catalogue and my favourite has shifted several times over the years, but right now it is 'West End Girls' that I'm most fond of. 'West End Girls' has existed on record in some form since 1984 but the version most known and loved today was first released the following year. Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe first met each other by chance in a hi-fi shop where Tennant was having the wires of his keyboard welded to his sound system. Lowe struck up a conversation about synths and then ended up going to Tennant's house to check out the keyboard. They would soon start writing songs together. Tennant then tracked down underground dance producer Bobby Orlando while he was in New York to interview Sting as a journalist for Smash Hits magazine, another very cool part of his CV. Orlando agreed to work with them and produced early versions of several Pet Shop Boys songs, including: 'Opportunities (Let's Make Lots of Money)', 'Rent', 'It's a Sin' and of course, 'West End Girls'. The original version of 'West End Girls' has a faster paced, grittier sound on the whole and even lifts a drum part from Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean'. The lyrics are largely the same but I noticed some differences, such as the inclusion of "all your stopping, stalling and starting, who do you think you are, Joe Stalin?" which is removed in the later version. The earlier iteration got some attention in certain LA and San Francisco clubs, as well as becoming a minor dance hit in Belgium and France, but was only available in the U.K. as a 12" import. In 1985, after long negotiations, Pet Shop Boys cut ties with Orlando and hired manager Tom Watkins, who signed them to EMI. They now worked with producer Stephen Hague instead to re-record and rearrange 'West End Girls', turning it into the hit version we know today. This American producer had previously worked with Brits like Malcolm McLaren and OMD. I can see some underground charm in the original version of 'West End Girls' but do prefer the sleek makeover that Hague gave it. Tennant was inspired by T.S. Eliot's narrative shifting poem 'The Waste Land' and also the pioneering rap track 'The Message' by Grandmaster Flash, when writing 'West End Girls'. He wanted to create a socially conscious rap song of his own. Tagging 'West End Girls' as 'rap' is a questionable categorisation but Tennant's delivery is largely spoken-word nevertheless. This narrator style voice feels particularly effective coming off the back of his own editorial background. 'West End Girls' is a commentary on class in 1980s London, although some less specific lines can be more broadly interpreted as finding connection in this messy world. The "west end girls" in the story are posh while the "east end boys" are representing the less privileged, who may want the attention of these girls to climb socially. Tennant was inspired by the real life east end Kray twins and the psychology behind "west end girls" who involve themselves with these crime-related men. I enjoy the contrast of Tennant's soft spoken vocals with the darker lyrics. "Sometimes you're better off dead" is quite the intense opener! 'West End Girls' is also the first track in this countdown to reference another that has appeared before, as "you've got a heart of glass or a heart of stone" is a direct reference to the Blondie song, in addition to the Rolling Stones' 'Heart of Stone'. 'Heart of Stone' is not the only Mick Jagger-adjacent connection to this song! In addition to Tennant, a female vocalist named Helena Springs was also brought in to perform backing vocals for 'West End Girls', adding an echoey layer to the song. Springs has also performed backing vocals on Mick Jagger and David Bowie's version of 'Dancing in the Street'. The track opens with atmospheric traffic noise and continues to walk us through the streets of London at a leisurely pace, much like the music video. I love the dark, layered, synthesised production - including that electro bassline, trumpet flourishes and the strings also added by Hague, which stood out to me more than ever after comparing with the original version. The 'Billie Jean' drum part was taken out for the final product but I'm still satisfied with the drum machines here. Overall, this feels accomplished, intelligent and with a lot of British charm. 'West End Girls' got a re-release in 1985, now with its Hague makeover and topped the U.K. chart for two weeks. Impressively, the song also made #1 in the U.S., riding the wave of the second "British invasion" thanks to the explosion of MTV earlier in the decade. 'West End Girls' was later covered by East 17 in the 1990s (where it reached #11) and was also performed at the closing ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics, further cementing its legacy. ... My earliest specific memory related to Frankie Goes to Hollywood was taking it upon myself to create a project about banned songs for school, which lead me to research 'Relax' in detail. I think that song is fantastic, in fact all three of the Frankie #1s achieved in their banner year were, but 'Two Tribes' ended up becoming my favourite long-term. 'Relax' wasn't going to be easy to follow but Frankie Goes to Hollywood took the bull by the horns and released another in-your-face stomper. There was still some hedonism on offer (with lines such as: "are we living in a world where sex and horror are the new Gods?") but the focus had largely shifted to war this time. 'Two Tribes' is a ballsy endeavour lyrically, production-wise and visually, hitting the nail on the head from every angle. This anti-war anthem does have themes that can be applied broadly, like friction between any two people, but is quite obviously referencing then-U.S. president Ronald Reagan both lyrically and visually, while a likeness to then-Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union Konstantin Chernenko also appears in the music video, directed by Godley & Creme. The two characters are seen sparring while the band are onlooking reporters. The match descends into the destruction of the world. I wasn't around to experience any of the Cold War, or the looming fears of nuclear war specifically related to that, but the lyrics continue to hit hard in a world that remains messed up and still with conflict. Ultimately... the "an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" sentiment present in the song and video is evergreen. Holly Johnson holds his own vocally, with commanding snarl, which is no mean feat when he is up against such standout production. 'Two Tribes' opens with a rather delicate and beautiful piano solo before taking a very maximalist turn, which swiftly blows the doors down. Such OTT production could've been a turn off but instead Trevor Horn masterfully created an exhilarating back-drop, especially that charging bassline. The additional guitar and percussive work also does a great job evoking a battleground atmosphere. 'Relax' laid the groundwork for Frankie's unforgettable 1984 and 'Two Tribes' built on this momentum, when it debuted at #1 in the U.K. Singles chart. It spent an incredible 9 weeks at the top, aided by a campaign of remix releases, which was the longest run at #1 during the 1980s. Incredibly, 'Relax' climbed back up to #2 at one point while 'Two Tribes' was sitting at the top - a rare feat for any act.
  2. Just noticed this on the Apple chart: 96 Wretch 32 - Fire In The Booth this is a decade old but has only just been released to streaming for the first time! it samples 'Intro' by The xx so this is the closest thing I'm getting to a return from them right now
  3. The weekly '80s SyncTube sessions have reminded me how strong both 1981 and 1982 are, so great picks there! Thank you for the kind words <3 I was especially looking forward to your take on my #1 pick as I had remembered both me and you giving Kraftwerk top marks in that 1980s #1 singles rate on here *.* glad your appreciation extends to some of the other songs in this top 10 too. 'Dreaming' has really crept up on me over the last few years so I approve of that Blondie favourite! I wish I had got far enough in Pop Factor to send it there. Here's hoping to do a bit better in the third edition, think I have my three potential acts in mind now. Poor brave 'Do the Strand', that song is burnt into my brain as I hosted that contest so replayed each entry many times when creating the recap videos! Oh your comment about '(Don't Fear) The Reaper' made me smile so much!! Really happy the commentary gave you a new perspective on the song :) can see the Woodstock thing also! 'Computer Love' is great too, I re-listened to the accompanying album in full earlier and admire how they fit so many songs with the word 'computer' on there. I guess 'The Model' is darker in sound which is probably why it appeals to me that bit more. Honestly both of those ringtones are tunes, taste! The only parental ringtone I recall was my mum having 'Perfect Stranger' by Magnetic Man/Katy B as hers for years, the intro of that song still makes me think her phone is ringing Those Bowie, Bush and Blondie picks are great too tbf, all amazing artists. I wasn't sure what you'd think of 'Cargo culte' when I sent it as I know French vocals are quite hit-or-miss for you, so was relieved you were a fan! Fair, thank you for commenting after each decade is done nevertheless :D thought you might approve of 'Lay All Your Love On Me' hanging on!! Yes that descending note is such a cool way to transition into the chorus! Glad you're also a fan of 'One Of Us', it's so moving <3 Ooh I love that Spector sound lineage comparison! That definitely helps to explain part of the reason why 'Crash' appeals so much to me, I'm clearly a sucker for that sound. Oh no poor 'Stand By Me'! I suppose it's an odd one to compare against the actual '80s songs from that year Glad we do share some favourites though :) and I love how appreciated 'Here Comes the Sun' is in the streaming era despite merely being an album track. --- Thanks all for the comments since I last posted :) <3
  4. Oh I'm glad I've already fallen from the (joint) top as I've definitely made a silly mistake for the Y one and realise what the actual answer is now, oops. 😭 Note to self: proof-read your spelling of artist names and double check the wording of questions rather than hurriedly submitting...!
  5. 1980s Time to delve into what was acceptable in the eighties and still holds up now! I present to you my favourites from the final decade where I did not exist at all. I'm an early '80s girl through and through, with new wave / post-punk continuing to thrive and the new romantics movement also blossoming. I do love a good synth, but moreso a dark one, rather than the SAW direction that invaded the charts during the second half of the decade. Although some get a pass, especially 'You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)', what a tune. That's not to say this top 10 is completely devoid of late '80s songs though, as some exciting movements were counteracting that. It's just largely dominated by those first few years. My parents introduced me to a lot of '90s music growing up but I'd say it was the Now! That's What I Call Music series that increased my interest in the '80s. This franchise began with the first U.K. edition in 1983 and still runs to this day, currently boasting 124 volumes here. My parents kindly bought me the first ten volumes on vinyl for my 17th birthday, back when it was a bit cheaper to do such a thing, before the modern vinyl boom really took off. Listening to those records was a valuable exercise in expanding my '80s music knowledge and it took off from there. I've since completed that numbered Now collection on vinyl, right up to the 35th volume from 1996. But back to the '80s... I do like bright colours, but can't say I'm too gutted to have missed out on the shoulder pads and perms! A part of me does wish I could have experienced the music as it was happening, though. Forever jealous that my mum's first concert was The Jam before they made the decision to go out on a high. As for film, I could certainly mention a third Kubrick movie in a row as The Shining is right up there, but I'll swerve and say the gut wrenching animated film Grave of the Fireflies, from Studio Ghibli, is my favourite of the decade. Let's get into a pretty synthtastic top 10 then... #10 ABBA - 'Lay All Your Love On Me' (1980) #09 The Primitives - 'Crash' (1988) ABBA are commonly associated with the '70s - as their output was most prolific during this time, the decade housed their Eurovision Song Contest win and also their signature song 'Dancing Queen'. However, I'm more of a 1980s ABBA fan as my holy trinity were all released then: 'One Of Us', 'The Winner Takes it All' and of course, 'Lay All Your Love On Me'. This song was a track on the group's seventh album Super Trouper and wasn't originally pencilled in as a single. However, it later received a limited release on the 12" vinyl format, which became the best selling 12" single to date until New Order's 'Blue Monday' snatched the title a couple of years later. 'Lay All Your Love On Me' was written by ABBA's Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus. Fellow group member Agnetha Fältskog takes the reins on lead vocal, with Anni-Frid Lyngstad backing her on the most gorgeous, choral harmonies during the chorus - some of which were fed through a vocoder. Andersson and Ulvaeus went with this stylistic choice as they felt the chorus sounded like a hymn. Another notable effect is the descending vocal that builds momentum just before that chorus. Fältskog plays the part of the narrator so well as she powerfully nails the unravelling thought process of a woman madly in love. I particularly enjoy the third verse that explores the back story of what has lead to her possessive insecurity. Rounding off those sentences with: "...love affairs" / "...pretty scarce" / "...that was sensible" / "it makes the truth even more incomprehensible" is really standout and gripping drama. I of course enjoy the electro-disco production of this song too! There's an upbeat, melodic groove throughout that is mixed with a darker urgency, much like the lyrics and vocals. The keyboards, synths, guitars and drums all shine while creating this haunting effect - especially coming together on that final chorus with extra oomph. 'Lay All Your Love On Me' reached #7 based on that limited 12" release which was the group's 19th U.K. top 10 hit overall and penultimate one of the 20th century. ... My introduction to 'Crash' was a rather silly one as I first knew it through the 2007 cover by Busted member Matt Willis, from the soundtrack to Mr Bean's Holiday! I thought this song was catchy in any form but the original vocals and instrumentation from the Primitives' version truly completes the experience. This track could easily slot into the 1990s with its timeless indie pop sound. I love the jangly guitar opening (played by main songwriter Paul “PJ” Court) that soon launches into a sudden loud burst of guitar static, appropriately crashing. This then turns into a more driving, percussive sound along with the bass (played by Steve Dullaghan) and actual drumming (provided by Tig Williams). The hand claps are a fun addition later on too. Lead singer Tracy Tracy (or Tracy Cattell) gives a wonderful vocal performance throughout. She pulls off a cool mixture of both calm and concern while singing about a reckless relationship. The song has quite a breezy feel to it yet some of the words are pretty brutal, such as: "shut your mouth, 'cause I'm not listening anyhow". My favourite little touch in the song is the stop-start effect just before that line, when she says the word "shut..." for a first time before launching into the line in full, love that shift in momentum. Overall, this song is a compact adrenaline rush and ridiculously catchy, especially those "na-na-na"'s during the chorus. 'Crash' was a smash and made #5 in the U.K. singles chart, the band's only top 20 result here.
  6. petal (album) has passed 1 billion streams on Spotify now 🌸
  7. It happened really quickly for me as Shawn Mendes was mine when I was still only 18 (although could’ve happened even sooner if ‘Whip My Hair’ had got there lol)
  8. Oh wow I don’t think I realised how young Sienna was! Is 2005 the most recent birth year we’ve had at #1?
  9. ‘Training Season’ originally debuted while ‘TEXAS HOLD ‘EM’ was at #1 and ‘Stick Season’ was still in the top 5. Today we could have a ‘Texas’ song at #1 again and also a song (‘Boston’) that interpolates ‘Stick Season’ in the top 5!
  10. #31 is a bit of an annoying position. Flashbacks to when she used to stall at #11! I hope the collab with Model/Actriz can still go top 40 as them being in the charts would never ever have been on my bingo card. Liking the synth-pop sound and general Gaga feel of 'Bass Persuades' anyway.
  11. Spends a 15th week in the top 40, now #34
  12. Miguel confirmed today!
  13. Afternoon all intrigued to see where Miley lands today. My top 3 songs from each throwback top 10 chart: 2025 01 sombr - 12 to 12 02 Sabrina Carpenter - Tears 03 Olivia Dean - Man I Need 2021 01 Lil Nas X - INDUSTRY BABY (feat. Jack Harlow) 02 ABBA - Don't Shut Me Down 03 Glass Animals - Heat Waves 2016 01 Twenty One Pilots - Heathens 02 Major Lazer - Cold Water (feat. Justin Bieber & MØ) 03 Drake - One Dance (feat. WizKid & Kyla) 2011 01 The Saturdays - All Fired Up 02 Calvin Harris - Feel So Close 03 Olly Murs - Heart Skips A Beat (feat. Rizzle Kicks) 2006 01 Shakira - Hips Don't Lie (feat. Wyclef Jean) 02 Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous (feat. Timbaland) 03 Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin' 2001 01 The Supermen Lovers - Starlight (feat. Mani Hoffman) 02 Eve - Let Me Blow Ya Mind (feat. Gwen Stefani) 03 Artful Dodger - Twentyfourseven (feat. Melanie Blatt) 1996 01 Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity 02 Spice Girls - Wannabe 03 OMC - How Bizarre 5 years since ABBA returned to the top 10 what a moment
  14. 'Cold Little Heart' was used in EastEnders yesterday this was too: 72. Skunk Anansie - Hedonism (Just Because You Feel Good)
  15. Oh well at least I was far from being alone with that answer Only just realised both of the 2nd placers in X Factor 2006 and 2007 began with R, thanks to those wrong RAYE answers. Not quite as standout as the similarities between the respective winning names Leona and Leon though!
  16. Hendinia's entry getting an endorsement from the radio 1 playlist today
  17. My knowledge of petty popstar jacket lore was on point but I wasn't confident at all about 'Que Sera, Sera', so yay!
  18. Thank you and well done for another 39, Rollo! today's game: Round 1: 36 (didn't get: Lynsey De Paul) Round 2: 21 (didn't get: Albert Hammond, Tracey Ullman, Diana Ross, Sparks) 3-in-10: 3 (Ain't No Other Man, Fighter, Not Myself Tonight)
  19. Jade posted a post in a topic in Dance and Electronic
    Oh I'm only just starting to come down from the high of stanning 'Alyse' (the 18 to Yehesi that got away in BJSC x) and she gives us this too? Incredible!!
  20. Dark and detached is a great way to describe both! I'd say I'm generally quite an upbeat person yet I'm attracted to a lot of dark, miserable synth music (complimentary) so that is interesting psychologically, haha. Glad you liked my picks and there are sooooo many great ones in your list! You've reminded me that pretty much the whole of Unknown Pleasures should've been an honourable mention, what an album. Although 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' was released as a separate, standalone entity in early 1980 as far as I'm aware? So may still have a shot in the 1980s - we shall see. :o I'd highly recommend a Kraftwerk deep dive! Maybe starting with Autobahn and going all the way up to Computer World, as all five of those albums are essential. I know how much you also appreciate dark synths and there's a lot more tech anxiety where that came from, so think you'd have a good time with their stuff too. Ah I didn't know you shared my opinion of liking Hounds of Love the most as a body of work but also consider 'Wuthering Heights' as your #1 Kate Bush song, love that <3 Yeah perhaps I haven't been too vocal about my appreciation of '(Don't Fear) the Reaper' on the forum until now but it's indeed a staple on my Halloween playlist *.* 'Heroes' is of course a great Bowie pick too ❤️ and some other strong choices there as well - particularly Queen, Lou Reed, The Buggles and The Clash. Also, I totally hear you with the pain of limiting this to just 10 songs a decade. If I wasn't determined to write paragraphs for every song then I probably could've done a top 50 for each decade or something. Alas, at the moment I think I have the right level of hyper focus to actually get this finished with 10 a decade Aw fair enough, what would you say your top favourite Kraftwerk songs are? What a catalogue! I really commend the scale of your projects! I'm thankful there's more of a retro co-hort on the forum these days as I remember it was a struggle to get enough interest for even '80s Now album plug.dj sessions back in the day. Although, as you say, pre-'80s is still a tougher sell. I'll aim to cheerlead 'Life on Mars?' amongst others if it does come back! 'Starman' is a worthy 10 too. Thank you for the kind words! I remembered 'Cargo culte' just about avoiding the bottom 5, so double checked who gave it points the other day to see if it was anyone commenting along in this thread and you indeed awarded it a silver medal, taste 🤩 the accompanying soundtrack is so innovative in general and deserves more flowers indeed, even if the subject matter is controversial. --- I shall start the '80s at the weekend! Very excited to get into this decade.
  21. I was 8 or 9 when Hannah Montana premiered so grew up with Miley and idolised her as a kid, even going to her tour in 2009! I remember some scandals pre-dating 'We Can't Stop', like quite an adult photoshoot she did while still a teenager and a bong controversy, but as you say 'We Can't Stop' was shedding the Disney Channel star image once and for all - with a visual transition to boot now she had very short, blonde hair instead. I think she's blossomed into a great artist but really didn't know what to make of that shift at the time. 'We Can't Stop' is another song that reminds me of my prom and is thankfully less tainted than 'Blurred Lines' but it's merely okay musically, the next single was indeed better. I really like 'Need U (100%)' though! That's definitely my favourite to drop out so far. I'd actually forgotten that was the song to block 'Ding-Dong The Witch Is Dead' but do vividly remember the latter being announced at #2, with a news report to skirt around playing the song in full. As for 2013 covers - I liked Lorde's atmospheric version of 'Everybody Wants to Rule the World'!
  22. Oh wow I was actually listening to 'Heart of Glass' as I opened the thread to see it here, neat coincidence! That is my favourite Blondie song and one of the best of the entire decade <3 I can see why people might have jumped on a 'sell out' bandwagon with that disco incorporation, even if they were playing stuff like 'I Feel Love' in their live sets, but I think they were great at genre blending without losing themselves. What a wonderfully produced record and I like that there's humour to the lyrics despite the heart break. Not a Cliff fan but 'We Don't Talk Anymore' is his best song since the pioneering 'Move It' in the '50s for me. 'Without You' is a good song and I prefer Nilsson's take to Mariah's cover but I cannot unhear that "ken lee" talent show audition on any version now
  23. Agreed now I've heard semi 2 as well! The final is going to be a bloodbath if a large percentage of my top 10s advance
  24. banner courtesy of Joseph *.* Chart #493 | 10.09.26 01. Fontaines D.C. - Marianne [05-01-01] 02. Shygirl - Alyse [01-02-02] 03. Kidskin - HEAVEN 04. Slayyyter - brand new chanel$ [01-01-01-02-03-04] 05. Radio Free Alice - Crying With You [13-05] 06. Cannelle - BB Blue [05-03-01-01-02-02-03-04-05-06] 07. Ela Minus and Nick León - qué les pasó a mis amigos? [08-04-06-06-07] 08. LONOWN & Asenssia - addiction [10-08] 09. tlen - patnik [03-02-03-04-09] 10. Troye Sivan - She's the Best [05-07-07-10] 11. Charli xcx - Magic Metal Montana [04-03-04-06-09-08-11] 12. After - Blind 13. CAIVA - Head In The Clouds [14-13] 14. Olivia Rodrigo - the cure [08-05-03-02-01-01-01-01-02-02-04-05-07-10-09-14] 15. Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades 16. After - Take Me to Sunrise [10-08-07-06-08-11-11-16] 17. Boy Harsher - Tough Luck (When You Don't Call) [19-17] 18. Adult DVD - Rolling Face [15-13-16-18] 19. waist - bravado [08-12-19] 20. Cyst - Needle [18-16-23-20] 21. Collide - Freak Like Me [12-15-21] 22. Ghostly Kisses - Fade from Me [25-22] 23. trentemøller - Terrified (feat. Jonas Bjerre) [17-23] 24. Ariana Grande - nowhere, nobody [05-07-09-14-18-24] 25. Bleech 9:3 - Figure 8 [38-39-25] 26. Olivia Rodrigo - serena joy [20-26] 27. LONOWN & Baby Jane - alone with you [01-01-01-02-02-02-02-03-03-06-09-10-15-21-27] 28. Fat Dog - Call It What You Want 29. Amelie Lens - drift away 30. Brutalismus 3000 - Drop Your Spirit 31. SOAK - death valley fridge magnet [22-31] 32. Angèle - Une seule vie [24-32] 33. Vioflesh - Call me 34. Ariana Grande - oh well [08-10-11-17-26-34] 35. daine - PQC [12-14-16-25-35-35] 36. DJ BORING & Luuk Van Dijk - Precious Diamond 37. Rebecca Black - Corsetry 38. Angus & Julia Stone - The Start 39. Rebecca Black - Metamorphia 40. Cyst - Pest DROPOUTS xx Roly Porter - An Open Door [18-27-xx] xx Genesis Owusu & KYE - HUMAN AGAIN [15-13-10-09-11-12-19-28-xx] xx Serafina Steer - Night Before Mutiny [20-29-xx] xx Dusky - Bindweed [30-xx] xx Ariana Grande - freak [10-12-13-21-31-xx] xx Mona Yim - Nevermind [26-22-32-xx] xx Ok Goodnight - Spiral [08-05-04-05-11-13-14-23-33-xx] xx Phoebe Bridgers - The Governor's Waltz [28-24-34-xx] xx underscores - Unlimited Love [36-xx] xx Lola Leon - T Shirt [18-16-07-04-03-04-05-06-13-15-17-26-37-xx] xx Krystal Klear - PROJECT X [16-14-16-19-27-38-xx] xx Tom VR - Unlocked Love [40-xx] CHART FLASHBACK (2024) 01. TV Girl & George Clanton - Take a Trip [09-02-01-01] 02. Soltera & Santiago Salazar - Got No Reason To Forgive [06-02] 03. Halsey - Lonely is the Muse [05-07-03] 04. Fontaines D.C. - Sundowner [02-04] 05. Chappell Roan - Good Luck, Babe! [30-18-12-09-08-06-07-09-14-07-03-04-01-02-01-01-01-03-05] 06. Charli xcx - Sympathy is a knife [03-02-01-02-02-02-03-03-02-02-03-04-06] 07. Charli xcx - Everything is romantic [20-15-13-12-04-03-04-06-03-03-04-05-07] 08. TR/ST - Dark Day [22-15-08-08] 09. Fontaines D.C. - Bug [18-09] 10. Charli xcx - Guess (feat. Billie Eilish) [08-04-06-09-10] Congratulations to Fontaines D.C. for spending a fortnight at the top Next week looks potentially competitive with new Working Men's Club, Shygirl and Slayyyter releases amongst others! thank you for the comments last week