Everything posted by Jade
-
Listening Party: petal
02 hate that i made you love me
-
Listening Party: petal
'kiss me' keeps getting better for me with each listen š„° such a striking opener! Love the instrumental intro so shame on Radio 1 for cutting it down on the chart show
-
Listening Party: petal
01 kiss me
-
Listening Party: petal
30 minute warning!
-
Listening Party: petal
Here are some links for later! Kicking off in two hours time: APPLE Apple Music - Web Playerpetal by Ariana Grande on Apple MusicAlbum Ā· 2026 Ā· 13 Songs SPOTIFY YOUTUBE (I've not used the music videos for the singles as they have dialogue parts)
-
Jadakissnia ⢠National Thread Pt. II
Ah thatās amazing to hear! It might actually be my favourite song Iāve sent this year so far now, which is unusual for a back-up. Hereās hoping it progresses to the final š
-
RabbitFurCoat Ranks the 2012 #1s
āGoldenā from K-Pop Demon Hunters was a long running number 1! But yeah, I get what you mean aside from that. BTS hoovering up #1s in the U.S. instead
-
New Charli xcx AF Moderators
Okay the admin team has the powers to do the funniest thing but if you love me enough then you'll suppress such a desire, as I think I've reached my quota of being perceived visually for at least the rest of the year now (the actual banner looks rly good <3)
-
PopMaster & Ten To The Top II
Yay we all got scores in the 30s yesterday, well done š„³ today's game: Round 1: 33 (didn't get: Slade, Gallagher & Lyle) Round 2: 27 (didn't get: Fun Boy Three - annoying miss, 1979 - one year out, Paul Simon) 3-in-10: 3 (Driving Home For Christmas, Auberge, The Road to Hell)
-
My record of the week 60 years ago
Ooh what an interesting week! I remember coming across 'They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha-Haaa!' years ago when trawling the archives and was absolutely fascinated by it. A novelty song that was actually quite technically impressive as you say. I remember lobbying for it to be played as a bonus track at the SyncTube sessions as I wanted to see what people's reactions would be like when you think things couldn't get weirder... the other side of the single is the song being played in reverse! Speaking of technically impressive... what a triumph 'Eleanor Rigby' is, definitely my favourite Beatles #1 and top 5 from their whole discography minimum. The dark storytelling is gripping and I love the equally haunting strings as well. So atmospheric. I would've put something like 'Rain' on Revolver, instead of 'Yellow Submarine', as it gets a moment on the soundtrack for the animated film anyway - but still good fun and reminds me of my late great grandma. ā¤ļø
-
RabbitFurCoat Ranks the 2012 #1s
I've shockingly never listened to Ceremonials before, so I can't remember if I've even heard the original 'Spectrum', but this remix is great. I can see why the vocals might not be for everyone but they soar effectively and match up well to Calvin's production for me. That watered down Morgan Seatree version that made the top 40 last year doesn't hold a candle to this! ...however, I'd say I also prefer 'Sweet Nothing'! Perhaps it's the darker execution that hooks me in even more. What a great team Calvin and Florence were.
-
SUBMISSIONS: Albums Multichart #546
01 Charli xcx - Music, Fashion, Film 02 Ariana Grande - petal. 03 Slayyyter - WOR$T GIRL IN AMERICA 04 Overmono - Pure Devotion 05 Cannelle - CINNA 06 Olivia Rodrigo - you seem pretty sad for a girl so in love 07 Man/Woman/Chainsaw - Cannonball 08 Eartheater - Heavenly Body: If Iām the Bottle Youāre the Message 09 Kelela - new avatar 10 CFCF - L.U.V.
-
Jade's Top 40 | #488 (06.08.26)
Hi DaTilt! I know right, nothing quite blowing me away as much as 'we can't be friends (wait for your love)' but still a pretty good album. Aw I hope 'brand new chanel$' will grow on you! That chorus instantly slapped me around the face haha, so euphoric. Great that it was her first U.K. top 75 hit! thank you for commenting <3 Hi James! I feel you SO much on that. I really didn't think she'd top 'DANCE...' but then she produces a banger of this calibre... how does she do it?! Same here Glad you're enjoying the lyrics of 'petal'! I feel like a lot of the album is really hitting lyrically at the moment while she's going through such public scrutiny, hope she'll be okay. thank you for commenting <3 Hi Sergej, Wow I feel like that's the most highlights you've picked out here in one week possibly ever, love to see it! thank you for commenting <3 Hi Piran! Yay, always a jam packed week whenever Ariana releases. I was obsessed with that 5SOS era at the time! I'd say I return to 'Stolen Dance' and 'Chandelier' a lot more now, but it's still nostalgic. thank you for commenting <3 The music video for Dan's BJSC entry just played on SyncTube and it visually gave me big petal peeettaaauuuggghghhlllllll vibes thank you for commenting <3 Kerth, it was lovely thank you <3 Oh two loud bops there! Rooting for 'beat up chanel$' to get to #1 for you too 𤩠'Life*' was right up my street <3 knew I would stan as soon as you compared it to akiaura! Some good Charli highlights there even if the outro to 'No One Lasts Forever' sends me into an existential crisis, v powerful. I agree with the replay value comment even if I was such a 'Chains of Love' stan, this album is really bingeable. thank you for commenting <3
-
kš th chart - 6 Aug 2026
Hi Kerth <3 Love to see the Charli domination of course especially 'Magic Metal Montana' making the top 10!!! I played that at Haus' house at the weekend, also 'Londontown' by Sam Quealy, cool to see her showing up as a new entry with 'Strings of Terror' *.* sooooo much taste elsewhere, especially a former #1 for me in 'alone with you' <3 yessss at that making the multichart!!
-
Uhsting's Top 50: Week 29 (18/7)
'the cure' making #1 for both of us now
-
Piran's Personal Chart (19/08/2026)
Hi Piran hope you're good! What a fantastic debut for Slayyyter š I love her latest album (actually got it on vinyl for my birthday last week!) and she's somehow raised the bar even higher with this song, what a talent <3 can't wait for this whole new project to materialise. My favourites from your throwback chart are: 'STAY', 'Love Tonight' and 'Heartbreak Anthem'!
-
Sergej's Personal Chart 07.08.2026
Hi Sergej hope you're doing well. Great to see Ariana impacting this week! My favourite of the new entries for her is 'kiss me' which has proven to be a slow burner for me, what an amazing intro. 'MAREA' is my favourite from your throwback chart I remember entering that to a song contest (the Pop one iirc?) and came 2nd, so close!
-
JSG'S Top 40, #179, 10/08/2026 - this BRAND NEW PETAL is FATED for you.
Hi James hope you're having a good week so far! Delighted to see 'brand new chanel$' entering this week <3 that chorus is massive. Good that Ariana made the cut with 'petal' as well gutted I'm not seeing this era live but grateful I did get to watch her back in 2019.
-
DaTilt Top 75 12th of August 2026
Hi DaTilt, hope you're good Ariana smashing it here *.* shame she didn't get another official #1 with 'petal' too but still topping up an impressive tally of top 10s. Oops at me missing out on daine this time (albeit with a different song) however seeing my back-up here is wonderful, so happy you're a fan
-
petal. ⢠8th Album
All of the love for 'nowhere, nobody' in this thread is warming my heart, definitely my firm fave. btw there's some new merch on her store https://shopuk.arianagrande.com/collections/petal-merch Lmao at this:
-
New Charli xcx AF Moderators
PERFECT picks!!! When I stepped down, to focus on modding just one AF, I mentioned you both as people I'd love to see in the role (well returning in Kath's case x) alongside Bal on the team. Congrats š„°
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 07/08/26
Some good Ariana album track climbs today. Here's all of her impact on Spotify: 07 petal (+3) 12 hate that i made you love me (-1) 88 like i do (+37) 139 Into You (+20) 141 oh well (+24) 150 kiss me (+26) 160 never get over me (re-entry) 171 stay (+6) 195 big feelings (re-entry) 'like i do' with a Weeknd feature would surely be another smash remix for them
-
Ela Minus & Nick León - qué les pasó a mis amigos?
New 3 song EP quĆ© les pasó a mis amigos? dropped on Friday I'm obsessed with the title track š„°
-
Round 2 : End Of Year Survivor #150
Oh my if the first two eliminations are Daniel Craig (went for Taio Cruz)
-
Julian rates every Top 40 hit: the 1980s edition
Fantastic to see 'Careless Whisper' topping that group for you, what a classic. I have only become more fond of it over time and remember giving it top marks in that Pop Factor second chance round on here, was surprised and disappointed it didn't advance from that. A very accomplished record, made all the more impressive given George's young age at the time. Iconic sax usage too of course. 'Dr Beat' is my other main highlight of that group so a snap top 2. As aforementioned by Snake, this song was introduced to my by the 'Doctor Pressure' mash-up with Mylo, which I still love. It took me some time to get used to the tempo of the original but I'm far more accustomed to it now, as it's my go to version on streaming, since the Mylo mash-up is sadly not on there. One of Miami Sound Machine's best moments.