Jump to content

Jade

Buzzjack's Sweetheart

Everything posted by Jade

  1. I've shockingly never listened to Ceremonials before, so I can't remember if I've even heard the original 'Spectrum', but this remix is great. I can see why the vocals might not be for everyone but they soar effectively and match up well to Calvin's production for me. That watered down Morgan Seatree version that made the top 40 last year doesn't hold a candle to this! ...however, I'd say I also prefer 'Sweet Nothing'! Perhaps it's the darker execution that hooks me in even more. What a great team Calvin and Florence were.
  2. 01 Charli xcx - Music, Fashion, Film 02 Ariana Grande - petal. 03 Slayyyter - WOR$T GIRL IN AMERICA 04 Overmono - Pure Devotion 05 Cannelle - CINNA 06 Olivia Rodrigo - you seem pretty sad for a girl so in love 07 Man/Woman/Chainsaw - Cannonball 08 Eartheater - Heavenly Body: If I’m the Bottle You’re the Message 09 Kelela - new avatar 10 CFCF - L.U.V.
  3. Hi DaTilt! I know right, nothing quite blowing me away as much as 'we can't be friends (wait for your love)' but still a pretty good album. Aw I hope 'brand new chanel$' will grow on you! That chorus instantly slapped me around the face haha, so euphoric. Great that it was her first U.K. top 75 hit! thank you for commenting <3 Hi James! I feel you SO much on that. I really didn't think she'd top 'DANCE...' but then she produces a banger of this calibre... how does she do it?! Same here Glad you're enjoying the lyrics of 'petal'! I feel like a lot of the album is really hitting lyrically at the moment while she's going through such public scrutiny, hope she'll be okay. thank you for commenting <3 Hi Sergej, Wow I feel like that's the most highlights you've picked out here in one week possibly ever, love to see it! thank you for commenting <3 Hi Piran! Yay, always a jam packed week whenever Ariana releases. I was obsessed with that 5SOS era at the time! I'd say I return to 'Stolen Dance' and 'Chandelier' a lot more now, but it's still nostalgic. thank you for commenting <3 The music video for Dan's BJSC entry just played on SyncTube and it visually gave me big petal peeettaaauuuggghghhlllllll vibes thank you for commenting <3 Kerth, it was lovely thank you <3 Oh two loud bops there! Rooting for 'beat up chanel$' to get to #1 for you too 🤩 'Life*' was right up my street <3 knew I would stan as soon as you compared it to akiaura! Some good Charli highlights there even if the outro to 'No One Lasts Forever' sends me into an existential crisis, v powerful. I agree with the replay value comment even if I was such a 'Chains of Love' stan, this album is really bingeable. thank you for commenting <3
  4. Jade posted a post in a topic in Personal Charts
    Hi Kerth <3 Love to see the Charli domination of course especially 'Magic Metal Montana' making the top 10!!! I played that at Haus' house at the weekend, also 'Londontown' by Sam Quealy, cool to see her showing up as a new entry with 'Strings of Terror' *.* sooooo much taste elsewhere, especially a former #1 for me in 'alone with you' <3 yessss at that making the multichart!!
  5. 'the cure' making #1 for both of us now
  6. Hi Piran hope you're good! What a fantastic debut for Slayyyter 😍 I love her latest album (actually got it on vinyl for my birthday last week!) and she's somehow raised the bar even higher with this song, what a talent <3 can't wait for this whole new project to materialise. My favourites from your throwback chart are: 'STAY', 'Love Tonight' and 'Heartbreak Anthem'!
  7. Hi Sergej hope you're doing well. Great to see Ariana impacting this week! My favourite of the new entries for her is 'kiss me' which has proven to be a slow burner for me, what an amazing intro. 'MAREA' is my favourite from your throwback chart I remember entering that to a song contest (the Pop one iirc?) and came 2nd, so close!
  8. Hi James hope you're having a good week so far! Delighted to see 'brand new chanel$' entering this week <3 that chorus is massive. Good that Ariana made the cut with 'petal' as well gutted I'm not seeing this era live but grateful I did get to watch her back in 2019.
  9. Hi DaTilt, hope you're good Ariana smashing it here *.* shame she didn't get another official #1 with 'petal' too but still topping up an impressive tally of top 10s. Oops at me missing out on daine this time (albeit with a different song) however seeing my back-up here is wonderful, so happy you're a fan
  10. All of the love for 'nowhere, nobody' in this thread is warming my heart, definitely my firm fave. btw there's some new merch on her store https://shopuk.arianagrande.com/collections/petal-merch Lmao at this:
  11. PERFECT picks!!! When I stepped down, to focus on modding just one AF, I mentioned you both as people I'd love to see in the role (well returning in Kath's case x) alongside Bal on the team. Congrats 🥰
  12. Some good Ariana album track climbs today. Here's all of her impact on Spotify: 07 petal (+3) 12 hate that i made you love me (-1) 88 like i do (+37) 139 Into You (+20) 141 oh well (+24) 150 kiss me (+26) 160 never get over me (re-entry) 171 stay (+6) 195 big feelings (re-entry) 'like i do' with a Weeknd feature would surely be another smash remix for them
  13. New 3 song EP qué les pasó a mis amigos? dropped on Friday I'm obsessed with the title track 🥰
  14. Oh my if the first two eliminations are Daniel Craig (went for Taio Cruz)
  15. Fantastic to see 'Careless Whisper' topping that group for you, what a classic. I have only become more fond of it over time and remember giving it top marks in that Pop Factor second chance round on here, was surprised and disappointed it didn't advance from that. A very accomplished record, made all the more impressive given George's young age at the time. Iconic sax usage too of course. 'Dr Beat' is my other main highlight of that group so a snap top 2. As aforementioned by Snake, this song was introduced to my by the 'Doctor Pressure' mash-up with Mylo, which I still love. It took me some time to get used to the tempo of the original but I'm far more accustomed to it now, as it's my go to version on streaming, since the Mylo mash-up is sadly not on there. One of Miami Sound Machine's best moments.
  16. Well done John for top marks in round 1 yesterday! today's game: Round 1: 33 (didn't get: The Lotus Eaters - annoying miss, Nazareth) Round 2: 36 (didn't get: Howard Jones) 3-in-10: 3 (I Owe You Nothing, Drop the Boy, Cat Among the Pigeons)
  17. This happened to me as well in Nuggets *.* same with the retro contest. ... Decided to turn this into a playlist so thanks for the inspiration, Mattias <3 has been fun to hear some of these songs for the first time in years
  18. Jadakissnia votes are in! I wanted to point exactly 10 songs so that worked out well. My top 3 is super strong 😍 so here's hoping they all make it.
  19. Back up to #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 thanks to the album boost
  20. This has debuted at #4 in the U.S. so mirrors its U.K. peak!
  21. Looking forward to the return of these
  22. I count 16 unless I've forgotten something... The Best Song Contest In The World.....Ever! Vol. I (80s Synths): Vicious Pink - Cccan't You See (French Extended Mix) BuzzJack Song Contest: main contests BJSC 117: Rompasso - Ignis BJSC 138: X-Perience - A Neverending Dream BJSC 178: Erin LeCount - 808 HYMN spin-offs Dance Anthems [2000-2009]: Lasgo - Something Worldvision I: SOLDOUT - To The Ocean BJ10 Anniversary Edition: Agnes - Release Me Your Best Of II: ONUKA - Time Worldvision VI: Robert Georgescu & White - Daca Il Vedeti (feat. Gabriela Marin) Pride III: Måneskin - CORALINE Collaboration: Isabella Lovestory - Fuetazo (feat. Villano Antillano) Club Bizarre: Vol. 10: Crescendo - Are You Out There Vol. 20: L Ʌ V Σ N - I Thought You Were Real Nuggets: Vol. 9: Men I Trust - Lauren Vol. 11: Brutus - War (Live at Rain City) Pop Forum Song Contest: XV (It's Crazy It's Party): Meth Math - Cyberia ... Did not expect to have cracked the code for Pop Forum Song Contest before Unknown Pleasures
  23. 01 SS26 02 Camera 03 Wink Wink 04 Rock Music was unsure about the direction of this era at first but strapped in as soon as 'SS26' dropped 🤩
  24. Jade posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    +05 Olivia Rodrigo - stupid song +04 Ariana Grande - hate that i made you love me +03 Ariana Grande - petal +02 Sam Fender & Olivia Dean - Rein Me In +01 Sienna Spiro - Great Expectation -01 Shakira & Burna Boy - Dai Dai -02 ANOTR feat. 54 Ultra - Talk To You -03 Ella Langley - Choosin’ Texas -04 Prospa & Cloonee - Free Your Mind -05 HUGEL, Imael Angel & Ultra Naté - Movin’ To The Sun
  25. I can't remember the last time I actively sought out 'Gangnam Style' but I do like it and have certainly performed the dance routine at parties, so it's good fun in that setting! I had a friend who was into K-Pop, so was vaguely aware of it through her, but the phenomenon of this was next level. It's interesting to look back on now the genre has become so much bigger in the Western world. A unique chart moment for sure! I would not recommend the Glee version, long after the show had already jumped the shark the Ed Balls Strictly performance is evergreen, though! *.* 'Hot Right Now' is easily the best of Rita's 2012 hat trick for me too, yay! She made a strong first impression with her vocals and presence in the music video. Although, my mind was blown to find out she was an uncredited vocalist / in the music video for the 2008 song 'Where's Your Love' by Craig David and Tinchy Stryder before this, which only made #58 here. DJ Fresh smashed it with the D&B production for 'Hot Right Now' which sounds massive and perfect for summer much like his last chart-topper. 'Beneath Your Beautiful' is well produced and competently sang but I'm less mad about the lyrics, which Mike Posner also had a hand in writing. Still, at least the title isn't actually a grammatical error like it might seem on paper! The X Factor U.K. clearly peaked in popularity around the time of 2010, in terms of viewers and as an inescapable tabloid fixture, but wasn't quite done creating moments yet, can see why the performance you mentioned connected with the public.