Jump to content

Jade

Buzzjack's Sweetheart
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jade

  1. Audrey Hobert and Charli xcx confirmed as new entries today
  2. Afternoon all Intrigued to see how this week's close battle for the top will transpire, especially as it'll be my birthday #1, ahead of the big day on Tuesday. I'd be fine with either outcome, a record breaking chart topper or Shakira's first in almost two decades - so a great story to be found from both. Also interested to see where Charli's 'Camera' lands today! I assume it's too soon for ADÉLA to have made the top 40 already My top 3 songs from each throwback top 10 chart: 2025 01 Justin Bieber - DAISIES 02 Saja Boys, Andrew Choi, Neckwav, Danny Chung, Kevin Woo, samUIL Lee & KPop Demon Hunters Cast - Your Idol 03 Calvin Harris & Clementine Douglas - Blessings 2021 01 Dave - In The Fire 02 Måneskin - I WANNA BE YOUR SLAVE 03 Dave - Verdansk 2016 01 Major Lazer - Cold Water (feat. Justin Bieber & MØ) 02 Drake - One Dance (feat. Wizkid & Kyla) 03 Kungs vs. Cookin' on 3 Burners - This Girl 2011 01 Amy Winehouse - Back to Black 02 Ed Sheeran - The A Team 03 Nicki Minaj - Super Bass 2006 01 Nelly Furtado - Maneater 02 Shakira - Hips Don't Lie (feat. Wyclef Jean) 03 Madonna - Get Together 2001 01 Ian Van Dahl - Castles in the Sky 02 D12 - Purple Hills 03 Destiny's Child - Bootylicious 1996 01 Underworld - Born Slippy 02 Spice Girls - Wannabe 03 Neneh Cherry - Woman Wow, 15 years since Amy Winehouse's songs returned to the chart after her sad passing. Where has time gone! 5 years since Dave's sophomore album bomb. His BRIT Awards performance the following year cemented 'In The Fire' as one of his best ever songs for me 'Get Together' was another fabulous single from the Confessions on a Dancefloor campaign <3
  3. Ariana’s album is starting to impact Apple: 04 hate that i made you love me 34 petal 47 kiss me 76 stay 78 oh well 100 freak 119 big feelings 162 like i do 167 warning signs (interlude) 180 never get over me 191 bad thing (bunny hop)
  4. Well done John for top marks in Round 2 yesterday! today's game: Round 1: 27 (didn't get: The Stranglers - annoying miss, John Lodge, Go West) Round 2: 36 (didn't get: 1974) 3-in-10: 3 (Vienna, Hymn, Dancing With Tears in My Eyes)
  5. I was instantly attracted to 'Go Let It Out' back in the day as its psychedelic sound is so Beatles it hurts. I found the call to arms lyrically quite endearing too. It hasn't held up as one of their biggest classics for me or anything but is comfortably my favourite new entry this week. A sale as strong as 180k being such a drop off from their previous lead is quite something, wow!
  6. Jade posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Happy if unsurprised to see Ariana straight to A-List and 'Camera' getting a look in for Charli now. That Westside Cowboy song is great Farewell 'DANCE...', hopefully they add her new one 'brand new chanel$' soon, sounds like an instant pop classic
  7. Instantly added to Radio 1's A-List I'm liking this but hope my feelings will be a bit stronger when the music video drops later
  8. Jade posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    Another slam dunk <3 she is the moment
  9. Just had a quick first listen before work, I feel like I didn't really take in the lyrics too well as I was so distracted by the production throughout, so definitely need more time to sit with this properly now I know what to expect! I appreciate the experimentation, either going further with sounds she's sat in before or completely surprising me, like with the 2-step garage production on a couple of songs, yes please! I know people were comparing the lead single to The Weeknd and I think his influence is felt elsewhere too, some songs reminded me of his sound pre-commercial breakthrough and 'bad thing (bunny hop)' is quite 'Blinding Lights'. My initial holy trinity is: 'oh well', 'like i do' and 'nowhere, nobody' on first listen. As aforementioned, she pulled off the 2-step garage sound well for me (and I loved the vocoder effect in the closing track as well, not too unexpected when she's such an Imogen Heap stan) and 'like i do' really reminds me of the Ari I fell in love with around the time of 'God is a woman', sooo infectious. Not sure where this sits in her catalogue yet but it's a dreamy soundscape for sure.
  10. Jade posted a post in a topic in BuzzJack Song Contest
    ^ Rich won the last contest I hosted with his back-up 'Luukered' by SADU after being one of the people who tried Sarah Kinsley's MUNA-esque 'Fleeting'! *.* I remembered that I've been beaten to an entry once before and vetoed once, I missed out on Koven's 'Get This Right' about 11 years ago now and that came 3rd while I DNQed, then my only veto to date was Kelela's 'LMK' which was later sent by someone else in a spin-off and finished top 10, while I came 27th in that main contest instead. Here's to third time lucky with a back-up that catches on a bit more
  11. Jade posted a post in a topic in BuzzJack Song Contest
    Currently obsessed with my back-up and I may not have ever stumbled across it without this month's initial failure, so that is a silver lining for sure! I don't think this sounds like as much of a hit as that original indie pop selection but fingers crossed it'll find some fans who will love it as much as I do ❤️
  12. Jade posted a post in a topic in BuzzJack Song Contest
    I've done a handbrake turn and reconfirmed to some Bulgarian post-punk
  13. Jade posted a post in a topic in Forum News and Help
    Congrats Nine!! I'm sure you'll be a fabulous addition to the team ❤️
  14. banner courtesy of Joseph *.* Chart #487 | 30.07.26 01. Cannelle - BB Blue [05-03-01-01] 02. Olivia Rodrigo - the cure [08-05-03-02-01-01-01-01-02-02] 03. LONOWN & Baby Jane - alone with you [01-01-01-02-02-02-02-03-03] 04. Charli xcx - Magic Metal Montana 05. Ok Goodnight - Spiral [08-05-04-05] 06. Lola Leon - T Shirt [18-16-07-04-03-04-05-06] 07. Charli xcx - Camera 08. After - Take Me to Sunrise [10-08] 09. Kelela - point blank [20-18-15-10-09-06-06-09] 10. Genesis Owusu & KYE - HUMAN AGAIN [15-13-10] 11. CFCF - Love Took Root (feat. dance arts center) [20-12-08-04-07-07-11] 12. Olivia Rodrigo - maggots for brains [05-03-03-06-08-08-12] 13. yaego, jsn & Tamashī - Life* [09-13] 14. Charli xcx - SS26 [01-02-02-03-04-05-07-09-11-14] 15. Angèle - Dis-le [20-17-12-10-12-15] 16. Krystal Klear - PROJECT X 17. akiaura & Olya Holiday - Feel My Heart [01-01-02-04-05-04-05-06-10-11-14-17] 18. RIP Magic - Light Over There 19. Charli xcx - Persona 20. Charli xcx - Wink Wink [33-28-22-30-20] 21. akiaura & Baby Jane - Motorbike [06-11-16-16-14-12-15-21] 22. Boy Harsher - Hard Beat 23. Rare DM - Honey [16-23] 24. Olivia Rodrigo - stupid song [07-06-07-11-13-17-24] 25. Ebbb - Side On [18-25] 26. Adult DVD - Cowboy On Aisle Three [13-14-19-26] 27. Olivia Rodrigo & Robert Smith - what's wrong with me [10-08-09-15-16-20-27] 28. Ela Minus & Nick León - espiral [16-17-21-28] 29. Liv del Estal - CŒUR TITANE [04-03-03-04-06-09-11-17-18-22-29] 30. ear - Coil 31. Overmono - Knight In Shining Prada (feat. John Joseph Holt) [23-31] 32. Charli xcx - 2007 33. Danny L Harle, Doss & MNEK - Dumb Luck (feat. Oklou) 34. Charli xcx - I'm Afraid 35. DJ_Dave - Next to U 36. Eartheater - Favorite [24-36] 37. Eartheater - Don't Look Back [25-37] 38. Bonobo - Drift [19-26-38] 39. STÜM - Way To High [23-31-39] 40. Two Shell - Shine Your Light DROPOUTS xx SHEE - Woman (feat. deadream) [10-12-18-20-27-xx] xx Julianna Barwick & Mary Lattimore - Perpetual Adoration [28-xx] xx Makeshift Art Bar - Discipline [08-11-13-19-21-29-xx] xx Eartheater - Crown Jewel [12-17-18-22-28-32-xx] xx Man/Woman/Chainsaw - Something Else to Give [33-xx] xx Eartheater - Hers Before Hers [34-xx] xx Rose Gray - Just Be Bodies [35-xx] xx Pretty Girl - Body Step [36-36-xx] xx Eartheater - Wasp In the Fig [37-xx] xx L'Rain - soulless cycle [38-xx] xx Rebecca Black - Hot Wet Delirious [38-39-xx] xx Pearly Drops, ultra caro & 8485 - More Delusional [40-xx] CHART FLASHBACK (2013) 1. Lana Del Rey vs. Cedric Gervais - Summertime Sadness 2. Karmin - Acapella 3. John Newman - Love Me Again [1-1-1-2-3] 4. Chase & Status feat. Louis M^ttrs - Lost & Not Found [3-2-2-1-4] 5. Jay-Z feat. Justin Timberlake - Holy Grail [5-3-5] 6. Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know? [28-20-11-7-6] 7. Olly Murs - Dear Darlin' [8-5-3-4-7] 8. Jay-Z feat. Frank Ocean - Oceans 9. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Mary Lambert - Same Love [7-4-6-5-9] 10. Avicii feat. Aloe Blacc - Wake Me Up [22-10-10] Congrats to Cannelle who spends a second week at the top 🫶 thank you for the comments last week
  15. Jade posted a post in a topic in Personal Charts Archive
    Chart #487 | 30.07.26 01. Cannelle - BB Blue [05-03-01-01] 02. Olivia Rodrigo - the cure [08-05-03-02-01-01-01-01-02-02] 03. LONOWN & Baby Jane - alone with you [01-01-01-02-02-02-02-03-03] 04. Charli xcx - Magic Metal Montana 05. Ok Goodnight - Spiral [08-05-04-05] 06. Lola Leon - T Shirt [18-16-07-04-03-04-05-06] 07. Charli xcx - Camera 08. After - Take Me to Sunrise [10-08] 09. Kelela - point blank [20-18-15-10-09-06-06-09] 10. Genesis Owusu & KYE - HUMAN AGAIN [15-13-10] 11. CFCF - Love Took Root (feat. dance arts center) [20-12-08-04-07-07-11] 12. Olivia Rodrigo - maggots for brains [05-03-03-06-08-08-12] 13. yaego, jsn & Tamashī - Life* [09-13] 14. Charli xcx - SS26 [01-02-02-03-04-05-07-09-11-14] 15. Angèle - Dis-le [20-17-12-10-12-15] 16. Krystal Klear - PROJECT X 17. akiaura & Olya Holiday - Feel My Heart [01-01-02-04-05-04-05-06-10-11-14-17] 18. RIP Magic - Light Over There 19. Charli xcx - Persona 20. Charli xcx - Wink Wink [33-28-22-30-20] 21. akiaura & Baby Jane - Motorbike [06-11-16-16-14-12-15-21] 22. Boy Harsher - Hard Beat 23. Rare DM - Honey [16-23] 24. Olivia Rodrigo - stupid song [07-06-07-11-13-17-24] 25. Ebbb - Side On [18-25] 26. Adult DVD - Cowboy On Aisle Three [13-14-19-26] 27. Olivia Rodrigo & Robert Smith - what's wrong with me [10-08-09-15-16-20-27] 28. Ela Minus & Nick León - espiral [16-17-21-28] 29. Liv del Estal - CŒUR TITANE [04-03-03-04-06-09-11-17-18-22-29] 30. ear - Coil 31. Overmono - Knight In Shining Prada (feat. John Joseph Holt) [23-31] 32. Charli xcx - 2007 33. Danny L Harle, Doss & MNEK - Dumb Luck (feat. Oklou) 34. Charli xcx - I'm Afraid 35. DJ_Dave - Next to U 36. Eartheater - Favorite [24-36] 37. Eartheater - Don't Look Back [25-37] 38. Bonobo - Drift [19-26-38] 39. STÜM - Way To High [23-31-39] 40. Two Shell - Shine Your Light Congrats to Cannelle who spends a second week at the top 🫶 thank you for the comments last week
  16. 1 - Cannelle - BB Blue 2 - Olivia Rodrigo - the cure 3 - LONOWN & Baby Jane - alone with you 4 - Charli xcx - Magic Metal Montana 5 - Ok Goodnight - Spiral 6 - Lola Leon - T Shirt 7 - Charli xcx - Camera 8 - After - Take Me to Sunrise 9 - Kelela - point blank 10 - Genesis Owusu & KYE - HUMAN AGAIN 11 - CFCF - Love Took Root (feat. dance arts center) 12 - Olivia Rodrigo - maggots for brains 13 - yaego, jsn & Tamashī - Life* 14 - Charli xcx - SS26 15 - Angèle - Dis-le 16 - Krystal Klear - PROJECT X 17 - akiaura & Olya Holiday - Feel My Heart 18 - RIP Magic - Light Over There 19 - Charli xcx - Persona 20 - Charli xcx - Wink Wink 21 - akiaura & Baby Jane - Motorbike 22 - Boy Harsher - Hard Beat 23 - Rare DM - Honey 24 - Olivia Rodrigo - stupid song 25 - Ebbb - Side On 26 - Adult DVD - Cowboy On Aisle Three 27 - Olivia Rodrigo & Robert Smith - what's wrong with me 28 - Ela Minus & Nick León - espiral 29 - Liv del Estal - CŒUR TITANE 30 - ear - Coil 31 - Overmono - Knight In Shining Prada (feat. John Joseph Holt) 32 - Charli xcx - 2007 33 - Danny L Harle, Doss & MNEK - Dumb Luck (feat. Oklou) 34 - Charli xcx - I'm Afraid 35 - DJ_Dave - Next to U 36 - Eartheater - Favorite 37 - Eartheater - Don't Look Back 38 - Bonobo - Drift 39 - STÜM - Way To High 40 - Two Shell - Shine Your Light
  17. Jade posted a post in a topic in BuzzJack Song Contest
    Okay the fact it was a different song softens the blow slightly
  18. Jade posted a post in a topic in BuzzJack Song Contest
    Can I ask if the other person won out with the exact same song or just a snap artist?
  19. Jade posted a post in a topic in BuzzJack Song Contest
    .
  20. Jade posted a post in a topic in BuzzJack Song Contest
    Guys... It was me. I lost this artist by milliseconds 😭 the universe did not want Jadakissnia to go poppier this year I came unprepared with a back-up oops so back to the drawing board xo
  21. Jade posted a post in a topic in BuzzJack Song Contest
    Confirmed nice and early!
  22. Did not know that Duncan James released a cover of 'Amazed'! You truly learn something new each day. 'Freestyler' is of course a banger
  23. Can't believe a new Ariana album will be out tomorrow!! A snippet from Apple is doing the rounds where she describes the project as "...very experimental and different for me. I wrote from a place that I don’t usually, which was an unfiltered rage.” *.* sooooo ready
  24. I remember 'Heatwave' soundtracking that summer a fair bit but it does feel quite forgotten now. I was rooting for 'We'll Be Coming Back' at the time and do still prefer it long term, but have a soft spot for the aforementioned slush puppy lyric nevertheless *.* Entering fever pitch for the John Lewis festive adverts over the next few years now! My cousin worked for them, so the success of the adverts was a hot topic at Christmas family gatherings for a while, as you can imagine. I vividly remember the hat trick of the snowman advert, Bear and the Hare, then Monty the penguin but my memory wanes after that latter Tom Odell year. Anyway, I adore the original 'The Power of Love', Frankie Goes to Hollywood had an unreal run in 1984 ❤️ I liked Gabrielle's version at the time and still don't mind it, although the John Lewis piano ballad cover formula would soon wear thin. Shame she blocked 'Locked Out of Heaven' though as that has really endured. I also remember James Arthur covering 'The Power of Love' on the X Factor live shows that winter too. The winner of the final main series in 2018, Dalton Harris, recycled that cover for his coronation single with James as a feature, which was a pretty desperate note for the show to end on.
  25. Off the top of my head I can think of Gwenno from The Pipettes but it surely must be a miniscule list! and oh absolutely x