Jump to content

conorw

Chart Mod
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by conorw

  1. conorw posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    But vinyl and other physical sales are growing year on year so your point isn’t really valid as each year the occ report that physical sales are on the rise! We just need to accept that streaming and physical co exists and both are valid forms of chart data!
  2. Omg ADÉLA! She’s been going viral with this over the weekend so that’s pleasant to see! Hope it can keep climbing
  3. conorw posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I think they’ve switched opalite & Ophelia as the main choice for Taylor alongside the Toy Story song, I’ve been hearing Ophelia loads recently while opalite is only getting spot plays
  4. conorw posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    I loooove this! I’m half Slovakian so I’ve been waiting for something form her to wow me as I love to support artists from my home countries but nothing has grabbed me properly that she’s put out. I loooove this a lot though!
  5. I’m kinda shocked luke has enough of a pull for 3 nights at Wembley tbh!
  6. That’s true but brat was her commercial peak so it’s hard for artists to maintain that for every single following release especially 2 years post brat, and this era has also been a lot more low-key and has had less hype surrounding it imo so all things considered I think it’s a fairly good debut
  7. Very solid for Charli! Happy for her, it’s not my fave record of hers but it’s very strong!
  8. Missed the chart this week as I was driving home and my car radio is broken at the minute but I’ve just caught up. Glad hit the wall is the Gracie song in, as it’s one of the stronger on the record, though overall it’s a quality drop for her. Orbiter making it in is lovely to see, wish willing & able could also make it at some point. Nice to see the cure back in the top 10 plus 3 sienna tracks in the top 20, but I’d like to see Die on this hill go back to ACR so he’s not my baby in his could maybe chart? Loving that one. Happy for shakira getting another top 2 hit!
  9. Week 1 I voted for Madonna & Sabrina, sienna, Zara & shakira and Stella! All bangers though not sure I would’ve voted for them all if this poll was in the original week as sienna had to grow on me, I know I know is a great tune, wish this was Stella’s current hit over the dreary Boston. Just Olivia in the 2nd one too
  10. conorw posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Right now
  11. The only Gracie track that has vitality potential (in my opinion) is minibar. I’ve noticed that the majority of Gracie’s biggest hits, (risk, that’s so true, I love you I’m sorry, blowing smoke) are cowritten by Audrey hobert and her only contribution to this record is minibar
  12. I hate Noel & Liam I think they are so arrogant, but I cannot deny that wonderwall is a great song. I’d rather this stay as the footie linked song over sweet Caroline any day
  13. So happy Bonnie made it in, such a loss but this is one of the best songs of all time. What a legacy she’s leaving
  14. conorw posted a post in a topic in The Music Lounge
    Taylor Swift had a pretty consistent streak of every 2 years 2006: Taylor Swift 2008: fearless 2010: speak now 2012: red 2014: 1989 There was an album planned for 2016 but it got scrapped over all the Kim/kanye drama and instead we got reputation in 2017, lover in 2019. Then again Covid interfered with folklore & evermore coming out of the pandemic 2020s have been pretty consistent too with 2 re-records and a new album inbeteeen 2021: fearless and red tv 2022: midnights 2023: speak now and 1989 tv 2024: TTPD We’ll see what comes next after TLOAS last year! Hopefully a quality improvement though the last album was awful lol
  15. Aah ok thank you!
  16. what happened with bella kay for it to be a re-entry?
  17. conorw posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Seems a bit counterintuitive to have the first look one be 3 hours when things always change during the week and the final one on Friday is only 1.45 hrs. Even the big top 40 is dragged out they play all of the previous weeks top 10, then do the top 40 and all that with ads & interviews in between so not sure how it’s gonna work on radio 1 tbh.
  18. I think it’s all out the window considering wonferwall has been reset the past 3 years 🤣
  19. Managed to swap shifts so im going to night, excited to see it in an arena as I went up to Sheffield to see her perform it in March!
  20. Nice to see a handful of newbies in the top 40 even though none of them are that great :/ at least it freshens up the chart a little bit
  21. Gutted for Phoebe Bridgers 🥲
  22. conorw posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Shame but it was bound to happen… they’ve been letting ai slop into their big top 40 for a while. Disappointing though
  23. conorw posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Phoebe nooo 💔💔 need her to somehow magically cling on to top 40 plzzzzz
  24. conorw posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Phreshhhh music 😭 I’ll take it tbh the playlist needs something…anything it’s so stale right now
  25. 3 for 3 this era. My only gripe is everything is too short lol