Jump to content

Roba.

Moderator

Everything posted by Roba.

  1. 'Red Red Wine' is smooth but wouldn't be my go to for UB40. They have a lot of great tracks though. 'Too Shy' is fun.
  2. 'Release Me' ❤️ 'I Turn To You' and 'Red' are both brill too.
  3. The better of his #1's so good to see that come out top and was especially pleased it held Kate Nash off at the time. Though I did hear 'Foundations' the other week and didn't quite hate it like back then.
  4. 'Baby' and 'Sorry' are the only Bieber songs I like. 'What Do You Mean?' is ok too but not a fan of anything else of his. 'Walking On The Moon' is another classic Police hit. They have loads of them. 'Would I Lie To You' another I voted. Great song.
  5. Probably the only song I'd give him a vote for and that's Gareth. Really decent pop song. Don't mind 'A Thousand Miles' too much now thanks to the White Chicks movie but didn't like it at all before.
  6. Like but don't love 'Uptown Girl' or anything. It's catchy but yes Billy Joel does have plenty of better songs.
  7. Wow that's low for 'Toxic' but then didn't follow the charts in 2004 so wouldn't have seen how bad sales got. 'Castles In The Sky', 'Infinity 2008' and that are the best to drop off so far. The others so far are fine as well though Taio's is a product of it's time whenever I hear it.
  8. A clever and unique take on 'Only You' that was but Yazoo's is of course fab too. Don't particularly care for 'True' either oops. I knew of Martin Kemp as Steve Owen in Eastenders before coming across the band though and he was a great villain character in that. 'Cut A Long Story Short' and 'Gold' are the only ones I quite like from Spandau Ballet.
  9. Like 'Born to Try' but love 'Whenever Wherever' so Shakira gets my vote!
  10. Yeah 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina' doesn't do much for me sadly. 'Thinking Out Loud' still holds up as one of Ed's better tracks despite the overplay. 'Victims' was next in my list to point. My least fave of that run of singles but still a great song and for a slower song at that which I dont recall them really doing much of. That cover of 'Rockin..' is naff but harmless fun for me lol. It's the version I most knew growing up aside from just hearing Brenda's in Home Alone. Would say Bieber's is the worser one by far.
  11. 'Ruby' is a tune!
  12. 'Golden Brown', 'Say Hello, Wave Goodbye' and 'More Than This' are superb top pick choices. Admittedly I don't think I know much of Japans music enough so will check that out!
  13. 'Give It Up' a fun party track. 1983 is a strong year for #1's having looked over them myself.
  14. Gonna give it to Kacey as Las Ketchup might pop up again. Really nice track this though
  15. Can't really say I've checked 'Try To Fight' in a long time oops despite gifting me my first win. Super cheap as nabbed it off PJSC lol. 'Lost In Istanbul' is Dobagan coded so wasn't really surprised you loved it so much but couldn't quite remember if it got your 18 so nice to be reminded of that!
  16. As we are into 2026 now let's gloss back over the year that was 2006 and reflect on songs, albums, tv shows, movies, books, games, toys etc that are 20 years old and how they have held up for you (or not on the opposite end)! Some that come to mind for me are : Big Brother 7 with Nikki and Pete. One or the best series in BB'S history. Still remember the shock when Nikki left super early and then she came back into it ultimately to finish 4th! The Holiday which admittedly I didn't really watch properly until the last decade but is ultimately on the essential list of christmas movies or films in general. Then of course the main one is here on Buzzjack which we will celebrating it's 20 year anniversary in a couple of months. Who knew we'd still be posting here now compared to other forums that haven't had quite this longevity!
  17. Ooh this shall be exciting!
  18. Roba. posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    +5 Lush Life +4 WHERE IS MY HUSBAND? +3 End Of Beginning +2 The Fate Of Ophelia +1 Man I Need -1 Rein Me In -2 Golden -3 Raindance -4 So Easy (To Fall In Love) -5 I Run
  19. Fair assessment for 'Karma Chameleon' but I've always loved it personally. I would say 'Church Of The Poison Mind' I enjoy even more though and 'Do You Really Want To Hurt Me' of course!
  20. Tricky one but think it'll be Avril but not by much!
  21. 'About You Now' is another strong lead from Sugababes for me. Never forget when it charted first at 35 then straight up to 1 the following week also. The follow ups were great too. Wished they both went top 10 and really wanted 'Change' too especially which like AYN topped my chart, was my Christmas 1 that year.
  22. Roba. posted a post in a topic in BuzzJack Song Contest
    Also predicting a Persephonia win in 2026. Sovarasma, Jadakissnia, Aeroche and POPhub will get wins too. Dobago have a couple of top 3's. A debuting nation will go top 10 on their first attempt
  23. Nice to see 8 appearances for us in the top 1000. Oop at Cathedrals down in the 700's though lol. Thanks for hosting this Rob. Been fun following along!
  24. Holly again but 'Without Me' is good too.
  25. 'Baby Jane' is a fun record for me. Not crazy on 'Candy Girl'. It's alright I suppose.