Jump to content

Juranamo

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Juranamo

  1. This poll is somehow not going the way I expected when I opened this topic 🤣
  2. When they labeled the 'Tangled Up' reissue as a Deluxe, rather than the 20th Anniversary Version (and decided not to wait until next year), I did half wonder if they'd aim to get this out of the way before any 25th anniversary stuff next year! I reckon that's probably correct then, and will likely be around a November release ('Tangled Up' had a pretty quick turnaround between announcement and release iirc). I suspect we'll either get a 'Ten' reissue next year for the 25th anniversary, or a new greatest hits (entitled 'Twenty Five' maybe?). The dream would be for a new single to be promoted alongside that, but I'm not sure they would want to do that (and completely understand if they didn't) unless there's a REALLY good song hiding in the archives with Sarah on it! And yeah, 'Miss You Bow Wow' (which I actually entered into BJSC back in the day) has the potential to be even greater with Sarah's vocals taking further prominence!
  3. I wonder if Miley's choice not to tour has impacted her ability to sustain a fanbase? Maybe artists need that aspect in order to sustain their fanbase (feeling connected etc) I say this because she is clearly a massive star, and EVERYONE knows who she is, but she seems very hit and miss when it comes to releases actually gaining any traction. I still need to listen to the album oops.
  4. Now that 188 is over and Juranabaijan have another DNQ in the bag, it's time to send our planned Halloween entry next! It's definitely a surefire DNQ. I can't imagine it being a buzzjack fave but it's an all time favourite of mine! It was a very minor hit way back when: let's see how it fares in BJSC at present, maybe I'll be surprised! *finds a fantastic pop song to enter instead, bumping the planned entry to next October x*
  5. Awaits Persephonia's 22 point boost in the brer audit x (Congrats Nelly! Very deserved after assistinf Is with the visuals in this contest. 🖤 The song was far from a fave of mine, but I know at this point my tastes don't align with BJSC too well haha)
  6. For just 3.5x the price you could have paid for it when it was originally released! 🤣
  7. I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS GONNA GET ANY MORE VOTES, OKAY? 😭😭😭
  8. I remember Florrie doing some good songs about 10-15 years ago, but hadn't really heard anything from her until about a year ago. I'm really loving everything she's putting out recently, so should check out the stuff I missed in between! Oooh thank you, I'll have to check that one out! Angie doesn't make it only the UK new music playlists, so she's an easy on one to miss new tracks from. But as you know, I love 'Poco Poco' and 'Signorina'!
  9. Just discovering here that you've essentially sent Rixton! Strange you say this as the Bea Miller entry this month reminds me of 'Me & My Broken Heart' in a small part of chorus in the instrumental (so that song has been stuck in my head because of it!). Maybe my brain heard this vocal and that instrumental and combined them together 🤣 Either way, excellent entry for my tastes!
  10. Have to admit I didn't quite expect one of the current front runners 😱
  11. I did notice them, but the normal length songs more than evened things out! Sooooooo many 6 minute plus songs (though my listening here also includes the AQs tbf) Then will just listen to my faves again to decide on an order which predictably probably won't feel nearly as long x
  12. You might want to click vote for your votes to be counted. 🙊 I mean, personally I'm happy for you to not vote for them (especially 'Lip Service', but it will also make me feel less guilty about my 'Self Saboteur' vote), but feels like you should have them counted haha 🙈🙈🙈
  13. Semi 2 really said "long songs will never be out of fashion", didn't it? 🤣 I feel like I've been listening forever and I'm not even near the end yet hahaha. They're mostly bearable-to-actually-good though, so I won't complain too much!
  14. Shocked to not see Ramrynia in the discussion for the win or even Top 10 really... I must be really out of touch as surely that will hoover up the pop vote if nothing else?
  15. HOW DO I CHOOSE TWO SONGS NOW?! It's gotta be 'Before You Break My Heart' and maybe 'Self Saboteur' or 'Silent Disco' maybe?! But literally everything here is a 10/10 now 😭😭😭
  16. The Juranabaijan 40 | 18/09/202601 [02] Feeder - When We Fall [5-2-1] (3 weeks / #1 peak) 02 [16] XO - Stacey (Take Me Higher) [16-2] (2 weeks / #2 peak) 03 [01] Michele - Vie d’uscita [16-11-8-4-2-1-3] (7 weeks / #1 peak) 04 [08] Florrie - Catch You If You Fall [21-8-4] (3 weeks / #4 peak) 05 [35] Kasabian - NOTHING BETTER THAN THIS [28-32-38-35-5] (5 weeks / #5 peak) 06 [11] Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades [11-6] (2 weeks / #6 peak) 07 [30] Florence Road - 7563 [32-xx-25-30-30-7] (5 weeks / #7 peak) 08 [04] Haute & Freddy - Touch Touch [15-4-8] (3 weeks / #4 peak) 09 [39] LØLØ - pretty little wreck [32-31-37-39-9] (5 weeks / #9 peak) 10 [06] Natalie Imbruglia - Beautiful Love [17-6-10] (3 weeks / #6 peak) 11 [05] Against The Current - Always You & I [24-8-9-5-11] (5 weeks / #5 peak) 12 [03] Beartooth - Eyes Closed [13-5-2-2-1-3-12] (7 weeks / #1 peak) 13 [12] Remember Monday - Attention [18-12-18-12-13] (5 weeks / #12 peak) 14 [09] KY Kelly - Saturday Night [24-3-9-14] (4 weeks / #3 peak) 15 [25] Cara Delevigne - Crazy, Baby [25-15] (2 weeks / #15 peak) 16 [19] The Warning - Bite My Tongue [19-16] (2 weeks / #16 peak) 17 [15] Stand Atlantic - EDGE OF VEGAS [34-13-15-17] (4 weeks / #13 peak) 18 [13] Slayyyter - brand new chanel$ [24-7-5-5-7-13-18] (7 weeks / #5 peak) 19 [10] Valencia Grace - Guillotine [40-11-9-5-3-1-3-6-10-19] (10 weeks / #1 peak) 20 [14] Rebecca Black - Hot Wet Delirious [34-29-6-2-4-6-7-11-14-20] (10 weeks / #2 peak) 21 [29] Ashe - Stop The Wedding! [23-29-21] (3 weeks / #21 peak) 22 [07] Stand Atlantic - LUCID [17-3-1-4-7-22] (6 weeks / #1 peak) 23 [23] Gen and the Degenerates - Hotter On The Internet [23-23] (2 weeks / #23 peak) 24 [RE] daine - Love Love (Love Love) [38-xx-36-xx-24] (3 weeks / #24 peak) 25 [18] Chxrry - Hall of Fame [18-25] (2 weeks / #18 peak) 26 [38] ADÉLA - Ain’t In LA [20-16-23-33-34-38-26] (7 weeks / #16 peak) 27 [36] James Blunt - Tastes Like Summer [23-32-36-27] (4 weeks / #23 peak) 28 [21] MUNA - Eastside Girls [16-20-21-28] (4 weeks / #16 peak) 29 [40] Natasha Bedingfield - Dot Dot Dot [20-29-33-40-29] (5 weeks / #20 peak) 30 [17] Madonna - Danceteria [11-9-5-7-15-27-34-xx-14-17-30] (10 weeks / #5 peak) 31 [20] Florrie - Warrior [8-13-12-6-8-20-31] (7 weeks / #6 peak) 32 [27] Fat Dog - Cancel Me (I’m Tired) [26-26-15-25-27-32] (6 weeks / #15 peak) 33 [RE] Ava Max - Work [31-38-xx-33] (3 weeks / #31 peak) 34 [22] KATSEYE - Animal [6-6-7-10-12-22-34] (7 weeks / #6 peak) 35 [26] Carly Rae Jepsen - Don’t Leave Me on the Dance Floor [25-14-17-19-26-35] (6 weeks / #14 peak) 36 [24] Meet Me @ The Altar - Pain In My Chest [27-10-9-13-10-24-36] (7 weeks / #9 peak) 37 [31] Good Neighbours - Mary Jane [31-37] (2 weeks / #31 peak) 38 [28] Florrie - The Times [5-2-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-2-4-9-16-28-38] (15 weeks / #1 peak) 39 [32] Badflower - Detroit [10-11-24-32-39] (5 weeks / #10 peak) 40 [33] South Arcade - DEADMEAT [12-10-9-5-4-3-3-2-3-8-11-18-29-33-40] (15 weeks / #2 peak) Goodbyexx [34] HENGE - Mushroom One [21-21-31-34-xx] (4 weeks / #21 peak) xx [37] Alex Warren - EMERALD EYES [26-37-xx] (2 weeks / #26 peak)
  17. The Juranabaijan 40 | 18/09/202601 [02] Feeder - When We Fall [5-2-1] (3 weeks / #1 peak) 02 [16] XO - Stacey (Take Me Higher) [16-2] (2 weeks / #2 peak) 03 [01] Michele - Vie d’uscita [16-11-8-4-2-1-3] (7 weeks / #1 peak) 04 [08] Florrie - Catch You If You Fall [21-8-4] (3 weeks / #4 peak) 05 [35] Kasabian - NOTHING BETTER THAN THIS [28-32-38-35-5] (5 weeks / #5 peak) 06 [11] Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades [11-6] (2 weeks / #6 peak) 07 [30] Florence Road - 7563 [32-xx-25-30-30-7] (5 weeks / #7 peak) 08 [04] Haute & Freddy - Touch Touch [15-4-8] (3 weeks / #4 peak) 09 [39] LØLØ - pretty little wreck [32-31-37-39-9] (5 weeks / #9 peak) 10 [06] Natalie Imbruglia - Beautiful Love [17-6-10] (3 weeks / #6 peak) 11 [05] Against The Current - Always You & I [24-8-9-5-11] (5 weeks / #5 peak) 12 [03] Beartooth - Eyes Closed [13-5-2-2-1-3-12] (7 weeks / #1 peak) 13 [12] Remember Monday - Attention [18-12-18-12-13] (5 weeks / #12 peak) 14 [09] KY Kelly - Saturday Night [24-3-9-14] (4 weeks / #3 peak) 15 [25] Cara Delevigne - Crazy, Baby [25-15] (2 weeks / #15 peak) 16 [19] The Warning - Bite My Tongue [19-16] (2 weeks / #16 peak) 17 [15] Stand Atlantic - EDGE OF VEGAS [34-13-15-17] (4 weeks / #13 peak) 18 [13] Slayyyter - brand new chanel$ [24-7-5-5-7-13-18] (7 weeks / #5 peak) 19 [10] Valencia Grace - Guillotine [40-11-9-5-3-1-3-6-10-19] (10 weeks / #1 peak) 20 [14] Rebecca Black - Hot Wet Delirious [34-29-6-2-4-6-7-11-14-20] (10 weeks / #2 peak) 21 [29] Ashe - Stop The Wedding! [23-29-21] (3 weeks / #21 peak) 22 [07] Stand Atlantic - LUCID [17-3-1-4-7-22] (6 weeks / #1 peak) 23 [23] Gen and the Degenerates - Hotter On The Internet [23-23] (2 weeks / #23 peak) 24 [RE] daine - Love Love (Love Love) [38-xx-36-xx-24] (3 weeks / #24 peak) 25 [18] Chxrry - Hall of Fame [18-25] (2 weeks / #18 peak) 26 [38] ADÉLA - Ain’t In LA [20-16-23-33-34-38-26] (7 weeks / #16 peak) 27 [36] James Blunt - Tastes Like Summer [23-32-36-27] (4 weeks / #23 peak) 28 [21] MUNA - Eastside Girls [16-20-21-28] (4 weeks / #16 peak) 29 [40] Natasha Bedingfield - Dot Dot Dot [20-29-33-40-29] (5 weeks / #20 peak) 30 [17] Madonna - Danceteria [11-9-5-7-15-27-34-xx-14-17-30] (10 weeks / #5 peak) 31 [20] Florrie - Warrior [8-13-12-6-8-20-31] (7 weeks / #6 peak) 32 [27] Fat Dog - Cancel Me (I’m Tired) [26-26-15-25-27-32] (6 weeks / #15 peak) 33 [RE] Ava Max - Work [31-38-xx-33] (3 weeks / #31 peak) 34 [22] KATSEYE - Animal [6-6-7-10-12-22-34] (7 weeks / #6 peak) 35 [26] Carly Rae Jepsen - Don’t Leave Me on the Dance Floor [25-14-17-19-26-35] (6 weeks / #14 peak) 36 [24] Meet Me @ The Altar - Pain In My Chest [27-10-9-13-10-24-36] (7 weeks / #9 peak) 37 [31] Good Neighbours - Mary Jane [31-37] (2 weeks / #31 peak) 38 [28] Florrie - The Times [5-2-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-2-4-9-16-28-38] (15 weeks / #1 peak) 39 [32] Badflower - Detroit [10-11-24-32-39] (5 weeks / #10 peak) 40 [33] South Arcade - DEADMEAT [12-10-9-5-4-3-3-2-3-8-11-18-29-33-40] (15 weeks / #2 peak) Goodbyexx [34] HENGE - Mushroom One [21-21-31-34-xx] (4 weeks / #21 peak) xx [37] Alex Warren - EMERALD EYES [26-37-xx] (2 weeks / #26 peak)
  18. Top 40 Tracks: 18/09/202601 - Feeder - When We Fall 02 - XO - Stacey (Take Me Higher) 03 - Michele - Vie d'uscita 04 - Florrie - Catch You If You Fall 05 - Kasabian - NOTHING BETTER THAN THIS 06 - Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades 07 - Florence Road - 7563 08 - Haute & Freddy - Touch Touch 09 - LØLØ - pretty little wreck 10 - Natalie Imbruglia - Beautiful Love 11 - Against The Current - Always You & I 12 - Beartooth - Eyes Closed 13 - Remember Monday - Attention 14 - KY Kelly - Saturday Night 15 - Cara Delevigne - Crazy, Baby 16 - The Warning - Bite My Tongue 17 - Stand Atlantic - EDGE OF VEGAS 18 - Slayyyter - brand new chanel$ 19 - Valencia Grace - Guillotine 20 - Rebecca Black - Hot Wet Delirious 21 - Ashe - Stop The Wedding! 22 - Stand Atlantic - LUCID 23 - Gen and the Degenerates - Hotter On The Internet 24 - daine - Love Love (Love Love) 25 - Chxrry - Hall of Fame 26 - ADÉLA - Ain't In LA 27 - James Blunt - Tastes Like Summer 28 - MUNA - Eastside Girls 29 - Natasha Bedingfield - Dot Dot Dot 30 - Madonna - Danceteria 31 - Florrie - Warrior 32 - Fat Dog - Cancel Me (I'm Tired) 33 - Ava Max - Work 34 - KATSEYE - Animal 35 - Carly Rae Jepsen - Don't Leave Me on the Dance Floor 36 - Meet Me @ The Altar - Pain In My Chest 37 - Good Neighbours - Mary Jane 38 - Florrie - The Times 39 - Badflower - Detroit 40 - South Arcade - DEADMEAT
  19. Top 40 Tracks: 11/09/202601 - Michele - Vie d'uscita 02 - Feeder - When We Fall 03 - Beartooth - Eyes Closed 04 - Haute & Freddy - Touch Touch 05 - Against The Current - Always You & I 06 - Natalie Imbruglia - Beautiful Love 07 - Stand Atlantic - LUCID 08 - Florrie - Catch You If You Fall 09 - KY Kelly - Saturday Night 10 - Valencia Grace - Guillotine 11 - Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades 12 - Remember Monday - Attention 13 - Slayyyter - brand new chanel$ 14 - Rebecca Black - Hot Wet Delirious 15 - Stand Atlantic - EDGE OF VEGAS 16 - XO - Stacey (Take Me Higher) 17 - Madonna - Danceteria 18 - Chxrry - Hall of Fame 19 - The Warning - Bite My Tongue 20 - Florrie - Warrior 21 - MUNA - Eastside Girls 22 - KATSEYE - Animal 23 - Gen and the Degenerates - Hotter On The Internet 24 - Meet Me @ The Altar - Pain In My Chest 25 - Cara Delevigne - Crazy, Baby 26 - Carly Rae Jepsen - Don't Leave Me on the Dance Floor 27 - Fat Dog - Cancel Me (I'm Tired) 28 - Florrie - The Times 29 - Ashe - Stop The Wedding! 30 - Florence Road - 7563 31 - Good Neighbours - Mary Jane 32 - Badflower - Detroit 33 - South Arcade - DEADMEAT 34 - HENGE - Mushroom One 35 - Kasabian - NOTHING BETTER THAN THIS 36 - James Blunt - Tastes Like Summer 37 - Alex Warren - EMERALD EYES 38 - ADÉLA - Ain't In LA 39 - LØLØ - pretty little wreck 40 - Natasha Bedingfield - Dot Dot Dot Last week, sorry it's late (I was on holiday so not posting much, but I did reorder my chart playlist, just didn't have time to format/post my chart too). Feel free to move it to last week's submissions thread if you like, or disregard it 😊 Normal service resumes now either way!
  20. Juranamo posted a post in a topic in R&B and Hip-Hop
    I would probably also lean towards (despite Pink not saying it directly) her not condoning the genocide. She said that innocent people, Palestinian or otherwise, should not be caught up in it. She makes a very clear stance on Hamas, yes, but she also says that she doesn't speak on behalf of any government. I'm not sure I'm well educated on the situation enough to state whether Hamas should be considered a terrorist organisation or not, but I feel like the Israeli authorities are FAR from innocent and have clearly targeted all Palestinians - not just Hamas. I don't think her stance matches that of every Jew, she clearly does. All I can imagine is that it's probably a very sensitive subject for a number of Jews (whether that's a big or small number), Pink included, that the genocide could end up in an increase in antisemitism, and that would obviously be terrifying for a Jew, baring in mind past events. I'm aware that the Israeli government != all Jews (and I'm sure many Jewish people are too), despite the Star of David being in their flag, but I can see why some Jews would be scared that someone that is Pro Palestine might fuel antisemitic voices. My main concern is that there is a genocide going on, and I'm firmly of the stance that Israel should allow there to be a free Palestine. For similar reasons around why I don't understand why so many people in our country are so obsessed with immigration and small boats: we all live on this planet together, I'm not sure why it matters who lives where. It's 2026, why can't we all just let each other live? I'm not sure if this adds to her point or detracts from it. She could be liking the opening statement, or liking that Ed loves himself more than voicing an opinion. I don't actually know what either of their stances are on the genocide, all I know is they've both said that they don't like the bloodshed in Gaza, I would hope they would be condemning the IDF, and if that's the case they have the platform to publicly condemn it (so should)
  21. 'Natural At Disaster' should be grateful at getting a second chance as it would already be out if I had voted in the actual round! (But obviously I've voted for it here haha) 'Headache' is probably in my top half-ish of the album!
  22. Damn... Not like me to miss out on a Jade game! Blame holiday and feeling rough today. 😭 And, to add drama... It wouldn't have been a tie if I voted in the poll. 😱
  23. Juranamo posted a post in a topic in Girls Aloud's Girls Aloud
    This is all over my tiktok and I'm living for it. Nadine the meme queen, I know you say you hate every meme but I'm sure you love them really x
  24. Juranamo posted a post in a topic in R&B and Hip-Hop
    I don't really have anything to add to what's already been said. We need to be talking about the fact that there's a genocide going on. This isn't about the music, this is about the platform. I have a real big issue with the many people validating his reason for not being apolitical in this instance, where Ed has shown that he has been happy to take a political stance before, as he performed at a show which can in no way be described as apolitical. If, as Ed has stated, he "does not use his professional platform for politics", then he should have stayed well away from that Ukraine concert... But then again, everyone was pretty much aligned in their support of that and it would have been good for his image, which is evidently all he really cares about if he's as 'apolitical' in his profession as he claims to be. I'm not even sure he doesn't agree with Macklemore anyway, he hasn't given anything to imply either way, he's just made it very clear his image is what matters, and doesn't really know how to respond when push comes to shove. I agree that there's space for him to speak up... But I'm not sure he will. After reading Pink's statement... I actually felt what she was trying to say. Again, I really don't think she's a bad person... I think her main concern (being Jewish) is around being scapegoated when it's not Jewish people that are the issue, it's the Israeli authorities. I think she is speaking on behalf of Jewish people and saying that they are scared, because it is being framed as antisemitic by some to be pro-palestine (of course, I know that Free Palestine does not equal Anti Jew, but there is a lot of information out there, and we live in such an algorithm based society that it's easy to get into an echo chamber without looking further). I think this might be difficult for some people who are Jewish, in particular, as they were the prime (obviously not the only) target of probably the most widely remembered genocide of all time - certainly in recent history. I'm not sure she's right in how she's handled the situation, but I do believe that her intention is in the right place.
  25. I feel this. I think it's a combination of just getting back from holiday, not even having had a chance to catch up with this week's new releases yet, having a whole semi worth of songs to still listen to (after I wasn't massively enthusiastic about more songs in my own semi than usual), and not qualifying... I'll make myself listen and vote though, but this month has been a particularly tough one! I think I'm on my longest streak of actually entering though, so I really want to make it the whole year at the very least... And it looks like Iz has done a fab job at hosting, I just haven't really been around much! I think I'm just an all or nothing sort of guy, so if I'm not completely invested it can be difficult!