Freeze
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: BuzzJack Song Contest
Everything posted by Freeze
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Final ⬜⬛ - Deadline 20/09
Greenfroze has finally voted! I can't stay mad for long for not qualifying with so many good songs in the final. Well done, everyone, I had a really great time! Even Persephonia sent a half decent song for once🥳 🤭
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Final ⬜⬛ - Deadline 20/09
I'm doing my final listen now :) Still don't have a top 15 yet. I have 25 entries that I like and currently 19 in contention for points, so getting closer to that top 15, and then it's all about moving songs up and down. It's gonna be tough yet again.
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
Sent!😁
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
I'm almost ready to send my votes! Sorry, I've been struggling! There are too many good songs :)
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
Okay, I've listened to all of the songs and yikes, I like as many as 24! Even Persephonia's entry😮 (who last received votes from me in BJSC 144 or something like that)! And I even liked the 10+ minute song. It's rare that one of those isn't a 1/10 for me, and I actually WANTED to listen to the entire thing. Goodness. Congratulations, Fljótavík, you did it. Gonna do a second listen to the remaining 24 in a couple of days, I think. Wonderful contest thus far!
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
Haha, absolutely love Harmonica's 90's throwback!🥳 So six songs in and I like them all. Gosh. This is gonna be rough! In a good way ;)
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
Can't say I recognize many of the names here. Very few, which is great! And another one of those contests where I'm impressed by the first song in my semi final. Love a smashing start; Neliönoir's entry is exceptional!
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Black And White Room ⬜⬛
I've got a very catchy and funky J-pop song ready to go!🥳 Can we all just send something Japanese, please?
-
Who do you think will get their first win next?
Ah, I asked her about it and it's a mix of things. The DNQ streak was one part of it, her feeling out of touch and not in tune with the majority. But besides, she's about to have her first baby next month, and she's studying and working at the same time and just finally got her driving license (today, in fact!). There's been a lot of different things going on in her life recently, so time and commitments are issues as well. I've reminded her that the contest has always been ups and downs for me over the years. Sometimes I feel very out of touch and sometimes I feel like all my favorites are at the top half of the scoreboard and I keep qualifying to the final. But my main reason for participating is all the discoveries I keep making each month. Oh well, I'll keep sharing my favorites with her and telling her how I do and hopefully she'll be lured back one day!😁 So just send good songs, guys, and give Greenfroze plenty of 18s. That'll make Macromia sufficiently motivated to make a comeback.
-
BJSC 187: The Final - deadline 20/08
Hunfroze has voted!
-
BJSC 187 Odds and Predictions
I wish I'd been slept on for a change!🫢 Anyways, I'm gonna guess Land of DW :)
-
BJSC 187 Semi Final - the results!!
Yeah, you're right, most of the time I didn't play it safe. Sure, I sent some pop songs in English every now and then, but most of the time I sent various flavors of Korean and Japanese music. I often wanted to send something a bit different that would stand out and that I still loved, long streak be damned. I still do. It feels so much better when I qualify while also bringing something fresh, quirky, risky or new to the table. I don't want to avoid sending something I love just because I'm afraid of my streak. I've been burnt by playing it safe too many times in the past, and it feels so awful to DNQ that way. Now, I feel even more amazing when I qualify, and I'm even more okay with a DNQ, because I know I sent something I truly appreciated. I was being as honest as I could be, and if that didn't work, well, that's just fair game.
-
BJSC 187 Semi Final - the results!!
I'm really disappointed that Ben's Sanctuary didn't qualify. Such a great discovery for me and my 10-pointer too🙁 But I'm thrilled to qualify with Anri's city pop bop! Wohoooo!🥳🤩
-
BJSC 187 Semi Finals - deadline 13/08
Greenfroze has voted!🥳 With five more songs I wanted to give points to🙂🙃
-
BJSC 187 Semi Finals - deadline 13/08
Gonna listen through the songs for at least an hour longer, maybe two. I'm enjoying my semi! Oh, and FSR Rontvia's entry is so weird! In the best of ways🥳
-
BJSC 187 Semi Finals - deadline 13/08
Some length queens would kill for an extra 20, but I wouldn’t. I’m very happy with the length of mine, and I hope that when I show it to all of you, there’ll be no complaints. Mine is number two in semi two. Click the link and check it out now🥳
-
BJSC 187: Confirmations
Fine, I changed my entry. Confirmed a Japanese 80's pop hit!🥳
-
BJSC 187: Confirmations
I just sent a K-pop club banger, but it's reaally tempting to hop on the J-train now. I've got loads of potentials. We could make this a record number of Japanese entries in a contest!🥳 (what's that number now, by the way?😋)
-
BJSC 187: Confirmations
The timing of this confirmation thread didn't align correctly with my sleeping pattern! Just kidding, I've confirmed something for now :)
-
BJSC186 - Welcome to Business Class
Greenfroze has finally voted! That was hard, but I'm happy with my top 15. Loads of fantastic discoveries this time🤩🥳
-
BJSC186 - Welcome to Business Class
Uh-oh, I'm in deep trouble; I wanna vote for 27 of these songs!🤯
-
BJSC186 - Boarding (Semi Finals)
Greenfroze has voted!🥳
-
BJSC186 - Boarding (Semi Finals)
The link to Cumulonimbia's entry doesn't work for me :/
-
BJSC186 - Boarding (Semi Finals)
First song in and I'm already loving this contest🥳 Feels good to get back into this!
-
BJSC186 - Booking Economy Tickets
I changed my entry (again!). I hope it's nok taken, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else beat me to it, as it's rather lovely.