BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Black Mirror, Netflix | Six new episodes out now!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
jonny
post Dec 4 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #1
Group icon
i would beg to disagree but begging disagrees with me
User: 3,646
Anyone else watch this tonight? I though it was excellent. Although I wasn't keen on the '1 Year On' at the end. I thought that wasn't in keeping & wasn't as strong as the programme as a whole.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Chris.
post Dec 11 2011, 04:04 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Everything goes numb
User: 4,561
pretty f***ed up. but good. daring to put something like that on tv so kudos Charlie Brooker and Channel 4.

Now the real question is, how do we get Dave f***ing a pig on tv?

+Quote this post
Jester
post Dec 18 2011, 12:48 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Right in front of my salad?!
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12
Anyone watch the excellent 2nd episode last week - seriously freaked me out but brilliant acting from Posh Kenneth and her from Downtown Abbey.

Can't wait for this weeks.

+Quote this post
jonny
post Dec 18 2011, 01:52 AM
Post #4
Group icon
i would beg to disagree but begging disagrees with me
User: 3,646
Both episodes have been let down slightly by their endings. I preferred the acting and the concept in the 2nd episode but I adored the first so much, had me on the edge of my seat for much of the 2nd half.

+Quote this post
Chris.
post Dec 18 2011, 05:44 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Everything goes numb
User: 4,561
the 2nd episode was well brilliant, really did sum up society a great deal. If anything it was just a really really blunt version of todays society. Brooker really sent out a message with that one.

I'm looking forward to tonights, it's written by Jesse Armstrong apparently, he is one of the main writers for Peep Show and The Thick of It, two of my favourite shows. Will be interesting to see his writing for a drama rather than a comedy.

+Quote this post
BuzzLightyear
post Dec 22 2011, 05:00 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 15,330
The reality show one was the best as it actually made a coherent point but they were all powerful. It does make me take Brooker less seriously knowing that he's married to tv disaster and former X Factor employee Huq though, and he gave her a writing credit, a bit cringeworthy.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Sep 25 2015, 02:25 PM
Post #7
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
Netflix has now took this over and has ordered TWELVE new episodes! wub.gif

Hope they'll be filming/coming soon and it's not a Lemony Snicket situation where it seems they announced it and are only just sorting it out. Let's see what will make the headlines in a few years time. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
richie
post Sep 28 2015, 01:29 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
User: 166
I noticed that too - hope they keep up the standard. A bit annoying that Channel 4 have lost it / didn't recommission as I don't have Netflix and don't intend too.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Mar 29 2016, 03:51 PM
Post #9
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
It's already began filming with the likes of Bryce Dallas Howard, Alice Eve and Mackenzie Davis involved but it's been confirmed today that the show will be airing on Netflix in the UK and not on Channel 4 first like it was previously believed to be. Apparently the deal with Netflix is around $40 million (!!!) and talks with Channel 4 with the production company for first air rights in the UK broke down. Channel 4 are NOT happy at all:

QUOTE(The Guardian)
In an unusually strongly worded statement, Channel 4 chief creative officer Jay Hunt said: “Black Mirror couldn’t be a more Channel 4 show.

“We grew it from a dangerous idea to a brand that resonated globally. Of course it’s disappointing that the first broadcast window in the UK is then sold to the highest bidder, ignoring the risk a publicly owned channel like 4 took backing it.”

I understand their frustrations considering that they were the ones who took a chance with it in the first place but, I'm not particularly bothered where it airs, I'm just looking forward to watching. kink.gif

+Quote this post
richie
post Mar 31 2016, 06:26 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
User: 166
Anyone know of any way to get Netflix programmes without subscribing to it?

I'd quite happily just buy Black Mirror only from them but don't want to end up locked into anything. Also, I've a crap web connection so this really is a shitty precedent.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Mar 31 2016, 10:42 AM
Post #11
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Unfortunately, you have to subscribe to watch any Netflix programme legally. There's a 30 day free trial for it and then it's Ł6 each month where you can cancel at any time you want.

There may be a chance that they'll release it on DVD a few months afterwards but it's not guaranteed as there's a few shows they haven't done that with.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Mar 31 2016, 06:40 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
In retrospect, the first episode of the first series about the prime minister and the pig was quite prophetic.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Aug 14 2016, 05:00 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
I've only just seen this show, and binge watched it all yesterday. Twisted but absolute genius.

I've been meaning to use my latest Netflix free trial for a while but shall wait until October to do so! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Sep 24 2016, 01:05 PM
Post #14
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

The first six episodes will be released onto Netflix on October 21st! REALLY looking forward to it, especially as we get so many episodes this time. There's lots of big names involved too!

EPISODES:

San Junipero: starring Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Mackenzie Davis. Directed by Owen Harris (Kill Your Friends).
Shut Up and Dance: starring Jerome Flynn and Alex Lawther. Directed by James Watkins (Bastille Day).
Nosedive: starring James Norton, Bryce Dallas Howard and Alice Eve. Directed by Joe Wright (Atonement). Co-written by Rashida Jones and Mike Schur.
Men Against Fire: starring Michael Kelly, Malachi Kirby and Madeline Brewer. Directed by Jakob Verbruggen (The Fall).
Hated in the Nation: starring Kelly MacDonald. Directed by James Hawes (Doctor Who).
Playtest: starring Wyatt Russell, Hannah John-Kamen. Directed by Dan Trachtenberg (10 Cloverfield Lane).

The first two series will also be on Netflix in the upcoming days!

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Oct 7 2016, 11:20 PM
Post #15
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
Aaand here's the trailer:

I do have worries from that that it looks a bit too Hollywood-esque and lacking the subtle darkness of the originals, BUT I won't judge yet obvs, I have faith in Charlie.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 8 2016, 09:55 AM
Post #16
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Basically agree with what you put Chez! The lower budget and the Britishness of the first two series helped everything feel a lot more realistic and that something like this could happen. However, I am excited to see what stories can be told with a much higher budget and I certainly have faith in Charlie, I don't think he would make something he wasn't happy with. There's a lot of brilliant other names involved as well so I'm very excited.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 21 2016, 09:34 AM
Post #17
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Now available on Netflix, cannot wait to watch but not sure when I'll be getting the chance to!!

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Oct 21 2016, 09:03 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
I've watched the first two episodes and they are incredible. This might already be better than the first two seasons.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Oct 21 2016, 09:38 PM
Post #19
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
I've just watched the first episode (with Bryce Dallas Howard) and, I agree, it was incredible. The whole concept is very much the next stepping stone of where we'll be considering everyone is so obsessed with the amount of likes/retweets/followers they get that it really is affecting how people actual act. It did obviously remind me of the similar Community episode but it's a very chilling idea when you take away the comedic aspect seen in Community. On a random note, I liked the idea of the lightning cable charging the car and the fact that the old cars couldn't be charged by it.

I was really drawn into the world and all the actors played it brilliantly. It was nice to see plenty of emerging British talent as well, such as James Norton, Michaela Cole & Daisy Haggard (who I LOVE).

I already feel drained by the darkness and reality of that and that's been referred to as the lighthearted episode! Nothing sums up Black Mirror better than that! laugh.gif I'm excited for the rest of the series, apparently 'Shut Up and Dance' is the highlight and the one that really stays on the mind in an extremely chilling way, especially as what apparently happens could easily happen now.

I think any of my concerns have been wiped away, its certainly in safe hands with Netflix. I wouldn't have liked any other American broadcaster.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Oct 21 2016, 10:57 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
The third episode is probably the most shocking in all of the Black Mirror episodes mellow.gif I literally couldn't believe it. It left me feeling a bit weird after, and I didn't expect the ending at all!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:00 AM