BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Olly Murs - Album 5, TBA | November
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
TheGhostPensmith
post Apr 29 2015, 04:11 AM
Post #1
TheGhostPensmith 👻
Group: Members
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

Olly informed the crowd at the last Birmingham show of his tour last night that two more singles are coming from 'Never Been Better' before the release of a brand new album at the end of the year!

With this, the remaining international dates of his tour in Europe and Australia and hosting X Factor I don't know how he's gonna fit all that in! He's like a Duracell bunny! What I will say is this - he revealed in a Music Week interview last year when this album was launched that his original Epic deal had been fulfilled and that it had been renewed, so I'm thinking tentatively that may well mean it's a greatest hits next, maybe a Christmas album?

He has more than enough singles in his canon if they did want to a greatest hits album now. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I mean he's recorded, released and toured two studio albums whilst hosting Xtra Factor before so who knows?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Apr 29 2015, 09:10 AM
Post #2
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

Yay, still a chance for 'Did You Miss Me' (not that it stands much chance of doing anything this late on).

+Quote Post
Hadji
post Apr 29 2015, 10:01 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,386
   No Gallery Pics

I also hope Capital and other UK radio stations get on board with these songs instead of snubbing them like they did with "Seasons"

+Quote Post
TheGhostPensmith
post May 1 2015, 12:55 PM
Post #4
TheGhostPensmith 👻
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(mr_aly @ Apr 29 2015, 10:10 AM) *
Yay, still a chance for 'Did You Miss Me' (not that it stands much chance of doing anything this late on).

Well, the 'Britain's Got Talent' live shows will be on air by the time a fourth single would - realistically - get released so you never know. It did wonders for the album and for 'Dear Darlin' going top 5 (I know he performed 'Right Place Right Time' but that's not the point).

To be fair Capital and Heart would have both got on board with 'Seasons' if they hadn't still been hammering 'Up' - which FYI, I've now decided has overtaken 'Heart on My Sleeve' as my least favourite single of his. Largely because of Lovato's shrieking gymnastics, yes.

+Quote Post
TheGhostPensmith
post May 1 2015, 01:00 PM
Post #5
TheGhostPensmith 👻
   No Gallery Pics

Also of interest: the first and second O2 shows of his tour in London this weekend (I am at the latter and his show before last of the tour next Thursday. YAY) are being filmed for a DVD smile.gif

This post has been edited by ThePensmith: May 1 2015, 01:01 PM

+Quote Post
Regina
post May 1 2015, 01:10 PM
Post #6
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

Talk about overkill drama.gif his albums are seriously decreasing in quality, he needs to give it a break and stop being everywhere.

+Quote Post
TheGhostPensmith
post May 1 2015, 01:25 PM
Post #7
TheGhostPensmith 👻
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Regina @ May 1 2015, 02:10 PM) *
Talk about overkill drama.gif his albums are seriously decreasing in quality, he needs to give it a break and stop being everywhere.

Given he was only around for the last three months of 2014 music wise, I don't see how it's overkill? As I said he has one more album on this current contract of his which leads me to believe it'll be a greatest hits with a few new songs next.

+Quote Post
Regina
post May 1 2015, 01:38 PM
Post #8
Ooga Boo

More singles from this album, then a new one. Plus X-factor and no doubt festivals and gigs, he's gonna be hard to avoid this year, people will get sick of him.

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post May 1 2015, 01:42 PM
Post #9
Together we are more.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,042

Not everyone is like you Reggie. sleep.gif I'm excited anyway. tongue.gif 'Seasons' was always a bleh single choice, especially over what he has on the album! 'Did You Miss Me' would get him back in the top 20 I think (although I thought that about RPRT haha sad.gif ). It's also different to what's in the charts right now so would be pretty fresh!

+Quote Post
TheGhostPensmith
post May 1 2015, 01:43 PM
Post #10
TheGhostPensmith 👻
   No Gallery Pics

Each to their own. He's juggled the two before and was widely popular with both outlets. And Flackers will be co-hosting with him so... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 1 2015, 01:44 PM
Post #11
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(ThePensmith @ May 1 2015, 02:43 PM) *
And Flackers will be co-hosting with him so... smile.gif

Is that supposed to be a positive? smoke.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post May 1 2015, 01:45 PM
Post #12
Ooga Boo

QUOTE(ThePensmith @ May 1 2015, 02:43 PM) *
Each to their own. He's juggled the two before and was widely popular with both outlets. And Flackers will be co-hosting with him so... smile.gif

That's not a good thing, that woman needs a good slap with a frozen tuna.

+Quote Post
TheGhostPensmith
post May 1 2015, 01:47 PM
Post #13
TheGhostPensmith 👻
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jonjo @ May 1 2015, 02:42 PM) *
Not everyone is like you Reggie. sleep.gif I'm excited anyway. tongue.gif 'Seasons' was always a bleh single choice, especially over what he has on the album! 'Did You Miss Me' would get him back in the top 20 I think (although I thought that about RPRT haha sad.gif ). It's also different to what's in the charts right now so would be pretty fresh!

It's the opening song on this new tour of his, and quite a few live reviews in papers etc have highlighted it as a favourite so I'd say it's the best option. As I said on the 'Seasons' thread a while ago, it'd be much more suited to a summer release because it is one of those 'blast it with the roof down' type of songs, a bit of a Prince vibe to it as well that I love.

+Quote Post
Regina
post May 1 2015, 01:48 PM
Post #14
Ooga Boo

Seasons is one of those "delete from your itunes and forget it exists" kind of songs, as is Did You Miss Me?

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post May 1 2015, 01:51 PM
Post #15
Together we are more.

QUOTE(Regina @ May 1 2015, 02:48 PM) *
Seasons is one of those "delete from your itunes and forget it exists" kind of songs, as is Did You Miss Me?
SO MUCH WRONG IN ONE THREAD TODAY. SORT IT AHHHHHT.

DYMM? is a bop and a half!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 1 2015, 01:56 PM
Post #16
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Seasons was a total misfire but aside from DYMM and the other singles I don't think there are too many singles on the album anyway. It's one of those albums that's very solid but isn't exactly brimming with hits imo.

+Quote Post
TheGhostPensmith
post May 1 2015, 02:05 PM
Post #17
TheGhostPensmith 👻
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ May 1 2015, 02:56 PM) *
It's one of those albums that's very solid but isn't exactly brimming with hits imo.

I must admit, with repeated listens since release I'd have to agree there. But he did say himself this was more of a 'serious' album than the others - hence the collaboration with Paul Weller on 'Let Me In', for instance (which FYI, is probably my favourite on the album along with 'Seasons' and 'Beautiful to Me').

But this has been the first album of his that more 'serious' publications have at least been giving a bit more praise where it's due to, so it's achieved his aim in that respect. The Telegraph actually did a rather nice piece with him last weekend: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/1...thats-fine.html

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post May 1 2015, 03:40 PM
Post #18
Together we are more.

If he is telling the truth about there being 2 more singles I would like 'Did You Miss Me?' & 'Ready For Love'! But due to the latter being a bonus track and bonuses rarely get the single treatment, I'd settle for 'Never Been Better' or 'Beautiful To Me'!

+Quote Post
TheGhostPensmith
post May 1 2015, 06:42 PM
Post #19
TheGhostPensmith 👻
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jonjo @ May 1 2015, 04:40 PM) *
If he is telling the truth about there being 2 more singles I would like 'Did You Miss Me?' & 'Ready For Love'! But due to the latter being a bonus track and bonuses rarely get the single treatment, I'd settle for 'Never Been Better' or 'Beautiful To Me'!

I was about to say, bonus tracks tend not to get airtime at his tours. Not for nothing were half the fan base Tweeting about having 'trust issues' on the last tour when he said he'd do 'Sliding Doors' (which was on the original deluxe edition of 'Right Place Right Time') and then never did biggrin.gif

I think 'Beautiful to Me' would actually be a great fifth single, or fourth come to think of it. He sounds the best he's ever done on that one and those falsetto notes in particular are just...a beautiful thing is all I can describe it as!

+Quote Post
Feel_The_Fever
post May 3 2015, 12:51 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

Im glad there will be more singles, i think the title track could be a good choice. Its good to see they do keep pushing the album and always release a decent amount of singles and dont just give up half way through. I would think the November release will be either a greatest hits or a deluxe version of the existing album although thats unlikely as it will be a year after its original release.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 10:28 PM