BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> London Has Fallen
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Styles Bilinski
post Mar 3 2016, 04:44 PM
Post #1
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

I was only interested because of the London setting. Mindless action, crappy dialogue, I ended up rooting for the bad guys. Think I actually hated it more than Zoolander 2. Avoid.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Mar 3 2016, 04:55 PM
Post #2
Together we are more.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,042

'Olympus Has Fallen' was really enjoyable. SO cheesy, but was done really well I thought. I think this will practically be more of the same, so I'm excited somewhat!

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Mar 3 2016, 09:10 PM
Post #3
c:
Member No.: 20,692

I agree with Jahq that this was just mindless action. I liked the familiarity of it London and it started off quite promisingly with the landmarks blowing up and Royal Guards turning on the spectators but then there were just so many boring car chases and shootouts that I guess were meant to be thrilling, but they just totally make me switch off now because we've seen it so many times before. That definitely ruined a kind of good concept and the last half was really quite bad. I like Gerard Butler as an action star though, he's quite likeable.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Mar 4 2016, 06:22 AM
Post #4
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

The first one was utterly horrific but this seems to be the film that my family wants to see so will probably end up tagging-along!

+Quote Post
burbe
post Mar 4 2016, 03:45 PM
Post #5
Lusts for Life
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

I really enjoyed the first one! I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in this, but I imagine it won't be as good purely because of the setting.

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Mar 8 2016, 02:01 AM
Post #6
Together we are more.
Member No.: 5,042

UGH. I was hoping this would be "more of the same" and actually be half enjoyable much like the first, but it was so bland and extremely generic. Kinda disappointed. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Mar 8 2016, 10:00 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

Totally worthless bag of crap. 1/10.

I wanted everyone (but especially Gerard Butler) to die it was so bad. Olympus was reasonable this is awful. I have never seen a film with so many ridiculous plotholes, the dialogue was awful cliched drivel, the characters cardboard cutouts, and the whole attitude of the film was loathesome.

Just a few spoiler plotholes so you don't waste your money on it:

Terrorists outnumber the London police.

The authorities don't send in the army and police cos they can't tell the goodies from the baddies. Never heard of bibs, ribbons and going in anyway regardless.

Central London is suddenly deserted totally of people, no-one explains how.

Rather than hide safely in a cupboard in any of the thousands and thousands of buildings and borrow a mobile phone (the terrorists mobile phones worked; they had radio communication which the police could have listened in on, they had internet) the US President & Bodyguard insist on being the only human beings on the streets.

The army could have flown in in helicopters in 20 minutes and wiped all terrorists roaming the deserted streets out.

The MI5 agent manages to cross London safely to Police HQ in a few minutes while she leaves the Pres & Butler ( I 'ate you Butler) to fight hordes of bad guys with guns grenades knives.

The terrorists delay killing the Pres cos they want his death streamed live. Too thick to think of videoing it and leaving the building, then streaming it and pretending it was live.

One man fights hundreds of terrorists, all of whom insist on attacking in 2's and 3's. They really need to work on co-ordination, considering they plotted the death of the PM, planted bombs in loads of secure buildings years in advance, and quite easily switched off all power for central london, had seeking missiles for helicopters...etc etc etc etc

All the English are portrayed as morons or slimy weasels, Americans heroes, and the only "good" Brits are a northern lass and a Scot. Scot Gerard Butler is a co-producer. The middle eastern cast members are all terrorists.

Don't go and see it. The lad next to me fell asleep with sheer tedium at it, sighing. He got lucky, I stayed awake. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Mar 12 2016, 09:49 PM
Post #8

Yep seeing this tomorrow!

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Mar 14 2016, 07:31 PM
Post #9

2/10

Started kind of enjoyable but got so so so bad as it went on. At least it wasn't as bad as the first one (though that would have been a hard feat to match).

(On another note I still don't think I've seen a film with Aaron Eckhart where he hasn't been dreadful/get on my nerves)

+Quote Post
Dobservance
post Mar 19 2016, 04:21 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Good film, enjoyable action.

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Mar 22 2016, 12:22 AM
Post #11
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

I loved this.

Thought it was action packed and full of drama!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 09:19 AM