BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Germany (Unser Song) · Eurovision Song Contest 2018, Changes to format after 3 years of failure
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
AdamAloud
post Oct 29 2017, 08:05 AM
Post #1
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

Germany

???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Oct 29 2017, 08:05 AM
Post #2
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

After 3 disastrous years, Germany are ready to shoot back up that leaderboard!
Producers want to give international viewers a say. But instead of asking for their opinion only during the show, like in 2017, this time they will include them in the search right from the start.

A so-called Europe Panel will consist of 100 people representing the musical taste of Europe as a whole. It will be responsible for selecting the five candidates for the German final. They will evaluate every application and will judge all of the artists wishing to represent Germany. But that’s not all: the Europe Panel will also take part in the process of finding the potential Eurovision songs. And during the live show they will also have a say in the outcome.

The German national final will get even more of a European vibe. For many years, various countries have liked to hear the opinions of an international jury while choosing their acts. This has been proven to be a successful way of selecting. So Germany will follow the lead: during the national final, an international jury consisting of 20-25 members will also have their say. All of them have already been members of their country’s national jury at Eurovision in the past, so they know what to do.

http://wiwibloggs.com/2017/10/27/germany-i...lection/199150/

I just hope that with this rebrand, they make it simpler. The German NF is always so unnecessarily complicated with 2 songs per act or voting off an artist after a covers round. Just get 5 or so acts with a song each.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 05:42 AM