BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

> -
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HATECHART 2018 | RESULTS, finished on pg. 4
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
dan-G
post Dec 4 2018, 05:49 PM
Post #1
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

puke.gif HATECHART 2018 | RESULTS puke.gif

The time is almost here, you voted for your least favourite songs of the year and now we will announce which ones annoyed Buzzjack the most. Joining me again to help with commentaries is UltraReputation. The first batch of songs will be announced later this evening, and hopefully the #1 announced before Christmas. Before we get going here are the contenders...

6ix9ine - FEFE (feat. Nicki Minaj & Murda Beatz)
6ix9ine - GUMMO
Anne-Marie - 2002
Bebe Rexha - Meant To Be (feat. Florida Georgia Line)
Calum Scott - You Are The Reason
Cardi B – Money
Dean Lewis - Be Alright
DJ Khaled - No Brainer (feat. Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper & Quavo)
Drake - God's Plan
Drake - In My Feelings
Ed Sheeran - Happier
Eminem - Killshot
Eminem - Lucky You (feat. Joyner Lucas)
Eminem - River (feat. Ed Sheeran)
Eminem - The Ringer
Eminem - Venom
EO - German
French Montana - No Stylist (feat. Drake)
Hardy Caprio - Best Life (feat. One Acen)
James Arthur - Naked
Jason Derulo & David Guetta - Goodbye (feat. Nicki Minaj & Willy William)
Jonas Blue - Rise (feat. Jack & Jack)
Justin Timberlake - Filthy
Kanye West - Yikes
Kanye West & Lil Pump - I Love It
Keala Settle & The Greatest Showman Ensemble - This Is Me
Kodak Black - ZEZE (feat. Travis Scott & Offset)
Lil Dicky - Freaky Friday (feat. Chris Brown)
Lil Pump - Gucci Gang
Little Mix - Woman Like Me (feat. Nicki Minaj)
Lukas Graham - Love Someone
Machine Gun Kelly - Rap Devil
Maroon 5 - Girls Like You (feat. Cardi B)
Marshmello & Anne-Marie - Friends
Mason Ramsey - Famous
Pharrell Williams & Camila Cabello - Sangria Wine
Pinkfong - Baby Shark
Rak-Su - I Want You To Freak
Rita Ora - Girls (feat. Cardi B, Bebe Rexha & Charli XCX)
Rudimental - These Days (feat. Jess Glynne, Macklemore & Dan Caplan)
Stay Flee Get Lizzy presents Fredo x Young T & Bugsey - Ay Caramba
Stefflon Don - Ding-A-Ling (feat. Skepta)
Tom Walker - Leave A Light On
Tyga - Taste (feat. Offset)
XXXTENTACION - changes
XXXTENTACION - Moonlight
XXXTENTACION - SAD!
ZAYN - Let Me
ZieZie - Fine Girl

Any predictions before we start?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Dec 4 2018, 05:50 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

FEFE is going to wipe the floor in this.

+Quote Post
ITz Cody 🧨
post Dec 4 2018, 06:08 PM
Post #3
not shy, not me
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(dobbo @ Dec 4 2018, 09:50 AM) *
FEFE is going to wipe the floor in this.
it better! make nicki destroying her career worth something lol

+Quote Post
dan-G
post Dec 4 2018, 10:21 PM
Post #4
   No Gallery Pics

#49. French Montana - No Stylist (feat. Drake) [5 points]
21-26-29-{19}-20-23-21-21-22-62->10

So kicking off the countdown is a song that deserves to be much much higher here. I can't believe this only got 5 points?!?! And I gave it half of those I think 😂 It's such a bad song and one of my least fave urban hits of the year, I always seem to hear it on the chart/radio/tv whenever I'm listening to any of them and I'd go as far as saying it's the worst song drake contributed to in 2018. So so bad, the chorus is beyond irritating and lyrically dreadful. Ugh this deserved worse.
{commentary by UltraReputation}

#48. Hardy Caprio - Best Life (feat. One Acen) [13 points]
74-53-46-41-41-37-33-32-{26}-27-29-27-26-27-30-35-74->17

Well #48 seems about right for this complete non-event of a song, seeing as it's not really worth the effort of hating. The song doesn't go anywhere, it's basic as hell and really sums up the current wave of lazy UK afro bashment hits. So of course it spent 11 weeks in the top 40 but will ultimately be forgotten by most people as will I'm sure Hardy in a year or two, who doesn't add anything to the song, I can't remember what he's rapping about I just assume it's the usual rap topics. Also, the phrase 'living my best life' is cringe and needs to go away.
{commentary by Dan}

#47. Drake - In My Feelings [17 points]
4-{1}-1-1-1-2-2-4-7-21-26-29-36-43-45-60-67->17

This feels like it was absolutely everywhere for like a month and then disappeared of the face of the earth, I think it's already out of the top 100 iirc! I don't hate hate this but I don't like it either and it's not a good song. The 'kiki' hook is dreadful and this really irritated me especially when it was everywhere. Go stream the superior in my feelings by Queen Lana instead x

#46. Drake - God's Plan [18 points]
{1}-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-10-11-16-17-23-26-28-30-31-35-43-51-58-61->23

Probs my 2nd fave of the drake 2018 songs tho it still made my hatechart haha (nice for what issa bop tho). This is just v non descript, boring and dull and idek how this was so so massive at the start of the year. Hopefully one kiss will overtake it as the biggest selling song of the year! I'm surprised this isn't a lot higher here tho, I thought this had so many haters on this site!

(personally really surprised the Drake tracks are this low, do people not hate him anymore? good to see anyhow)

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Dec 4 2018, 10:32 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

3 Drake songs right at the bottom, excellent stuff.

+Quote Post
coi
post Dec 4 2018, 10:34 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 73,240
   No Gallery Pics

Glad In My Feelings and God's Plan are appreciated!

+Quote Post
ITz Cody 🧨
post Dec 4 2018, 10:34 PM
Post #7
not shy, not me
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

No Stylist strangely isn’t that bad? Just forgettable tbh God’s Plan is pretty good but it did get annoying around the time of its peak.

Not at all surprised at some of the Drake tracks being so low, they seem like hate magnets but they had high burn rates and didn’t last too long on the chart, so maybe people just forgot about them.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Dec 4 2018, 10:37 PM
Post #8
It's the return of the Mack.
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

No songs yet I hate appearing there. Surprised that Drake is low on here thought more people would include it on their hate chart.

6ix9ine to top the hatechart.

+Quote Post
Tedward
post Dec 4 2018, 10:38 PM
Post #9
CURSED
Member No.: 69,463
   No Gallery Pics

It was probably 6ix9ine and X that made people forget about Drake :')

+Quote Post
Bré
post Dec 4 2018, 11:44 PM
Post #10
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

Drake's hits this year were almost all quality so pleased to see them all being out already! (This has also alerted me that the two best 2018 Drake hits, 'Nice For What' and 'Look Alive', both didn't even make it onto the shortlist ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post
dan-G
post Dec 5 2018, 02:33 PM
Post #11
   No Gallery Pics

{all commentaries by Dan}

#45. Marshmello & Anne-Marie - Friends [19 points]
19-9-5-5-{4}-4-4-6-6-6-25-25-27-29-30-30-42-45-49-49-62-68-66-62-65->25

I quite liked this at first but it quickly got rather annoying, with no thanks to Anne-Marie who seems to be putting on a voice on some of the lyrics, then Marshmello just had to put a G funk synth in towards the end for no reason. Also I can't unhear 'F-R-I-N-D-S' in the hook, which isn't how you *LOUD ANNOYING EXPLETIVE COVERING NOISE* spell friends. At least it isn't '2002' however.

#44. Little Mix - Woman Like Me (feat. Nicki Minaj) [21 points]
5-6-{2}-3-3-2-2->7

Another lazy hit by the girls(' management team), who after having ripped off 'Ugly Heart' for their lead single last year now ripped off 'Side To Side', which also was taken out of Jess Glynne's hands much to her annoyance. Then Nicki Minaj phones in a minute long rap which saw the girls get dragged into her beef with Cardi, not the finest moment for any of them really. I don't hate this song but they can and have done better, and Little Mix probably agree because they apparently didn't even want this song anyway and now they've left SyCo.

#43. Pinkfong - Baby Shark [23 points]
65-37-{32}-34-42-49-51-36-39-38-35-45-33-35-33->15

It's only meant to be a novelty kids song but regardless, it's rather annoying and isn't worth anything more than a few listens as a joke song, I'd probably really hate it by now if I had to be around young kids. It being on X Factor cos Simon Cowell's son likes it was such a cringe moment too. I can't at it still being in the chart too and they're also about to have a top 40 ALBUM. Christmas Sharks for Xmas #1 tho.

#42. ZAYN - Let Me [27 points]
{20}-37-35-50-57-74->6

Just a seriously boring song, I'm amazed it actually made the top 20 but people clearly gave up on him after this as he's been flopping ever since. I personally can't wait to see the chart position of his 27(!) track album My Career Falls Icarus Falls later this year. I couldn't take it seriously after its first lyric "our sex has meaning" either.

#41. Cardi B – Money [31 points]
{49}-63-70->3

So after getting her biggest hit of her career in 'I Like It' and a huge feature with Maroon 5 this is what she chose to release as her first single since, I can't imagine why she thought this song was a good idea though, the basic beat with piano stabs is poor, there's no big hook, the background voice shouting 'money' is annoying, and it's just a standard 'I like money' (who knew Cardi liked money? ohmy.gif) song that doesn't say anything interesting. No wonder it missed the top 40 here and underperformed in America.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Dec 5 2018, 02:36 PM
Post #12
rip in peace Dickston
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(dancember @ Dec 5 2018, 10:33 PM) *
It's only meant to be a novelty kids song but regardless, it's rather annoying and isn't worth anything more than a few listens as a joke song, I'd probably really hate it by now if I had to be around young kids. It being on X Factor cos Simon Cowell's son likes it was such a cringe moment too. I can't at it still being in the chart too and they're also about to have a top 40 ALBUM. Christmas Sharks for Xmas #1 tho.

OH MY GOD WHY IS THAT A THING

What the *LOUD ANNOYING EXPLETIVE COVERING NOISE* were they thinking

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Dec 5 2018, 05:03 PM
Post #13
   No Gallery Pics

From Beyonce performing to the Baby Shark in ten years.

'Woman Like Me' didn't mind this from Little Mix.

Friends one of these breakup anthems what was that patronising voice.from.Anne-Marie, sort of the esque 2004 Frankee F U R B it reminds me of.

'Let Me' what was it that Zayn with the capital letters wanted to do?

'Money' within the first four lines:

I ride on his sausage in some big tall heels
Big fat checks, big large bills
Front, I'll flip like ten cartwheels

+Quote Post
DalekTurret32
post Dec 5 2018, 06:43 PM
Post #14
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

I like Best Life, God's Plan, Friends, Woman Like Me and Money.
No Stylist and In My Feelings are decent. Unforgettable was a better French Montana song though.
Baby Shark and Let Me are okay. My favourite song from ZAYN might have to be Still Got Time.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Dec 7 2018, 12:09 AM
Post #15
   No Gallery Pics

'Money' was all right.from Cardi B. One question is she trying to be the next Lil Kim.or Nicki Minaj, Cardi not 'The Special One' yet in female rap.

+Quote Post
HiyaLuv
post Dec 7 2018, 11:18 AM
Post #16
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 29,031
   No Gallery Pics

So happy to see the tedious, monotonous and lifeless Best Life and No Stylist on here. They are pretty much the opposite of what I want from rap! Friends is musical hell too.

This post has been edited by 34yopoppicker: Dec 7 2018, 11:20 AM

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Dec 7 2018, 01:23 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Baby Shark is life.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 7 2018, 01:36 PM
Post #18
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Money is VILE, too low tbh x

Baby Shark *__* Glad Little Mix and MarshMarie aren't too high, both bops *.*

+Quote Post
Beautiful Song
post Dec 7 2018, 05:48 PM
Post #19
YVA # 1 fan
Member No.: 28,104
   No Gallery Pics

Last Eurovision winner must be here.

+Quote Post
dan-G
post Dec 9 2018, 09:09 PM
Post #20
   No Gallery Pics

#40. EO - German [33 points]
55-30-24-18-18-15-{13}-13-14-15-15-15-23-27-28-57-69-74->18

I honestly don't remember how this sounds but I remember hating it when I heard it on the charts a long long time ago. This is another urban rubbish hit and I remember it getting on my nerves haha.

#39. Lukas Graham - Love Someone [34 points]
DNC

At one point it seemed like Lukas Graham may have been able to shake their one hit wonder tag off but to the disappointment of Pete and the pleasure of everyone else this ended up only getting as far as the 101-200 section of the Spotify chart. I hadn't heard this when it was getting the nominations but thanks to Radio 2 I have now and it is rather dreary, it doesn't have the great instrument arrangement or story that made '7 Years' great; the lyrics in this we've very much heard before, it's just another basic love song.
{commentary by Dan}

(Sam Extra note: lukas Graham are shite and tf they didn't get another hit with this drivel x tho it's a masterpiece in comparison to serious worst song of the century contender 7 years x)

#38. Ed Sheeran - Happier [34 points]
{6}-7-16-23-26-38-42-46-47-44-53-68->12

Well, this really should've been here last year but as it was released as a single earlier this year it was eligible for nominations (as was 'Supermarket Flowers' but that didn't rack up enough noms). As we come to expect from Ed it is a very boring made for Heart FM song, which thankfully didn't actually re-enter the top 75 when it got pushed (its entire chart run was from its original run as an album track), and we seem to have got a bit of a break from his voice this year. We're apparently due an 'experimental' project from him next year that won't be his fourth album, so maybe that will mean him moving away from this bland style of music if only for a short while. It has about the same (lack of) charisma as 'Love Someone' (although this is a break up song) so appropriately they finish on the same points total.
{commentary by Dan}

#37. Tom Walker - Leave A Light On [38 points]
52-43-42-44-41-52-53-58-68R(11)-35-31-16-8-{7}-9-13-16-31-30-36-45-49-59-66-60-74-52R(7)-50-57-36-41-31->32

Absolute drivel, up there with my least faves of the year. Rag n bone man was bad enough but basically a rag n bone man impersonator was probs even worse. The vocals are so earachingly bad, the lyrics are tripe and unoriginal and the production is also dreadful & so irritating, especially in the chorus. Did I mention how bad the vocals are on this? x again especially in the chorus which is up there with the worst choruses of the year. This originally it looked like it flopped thankfully but unfortunately the one bad thing love island did this year was propel this to hit status ugh. But then again that show helped lost without you start to take off so I'll take this being a hit because that gem also took off *.* anyway Tom screams 1 hit/1 album wonder to me and we got 'treated' to two utterly diabolical performances of this on x factor; the duet in the final was one of the worst performances I've ever seen on X factor (tho however it wasn't the worst moment of the final, that can go to anytime James Arthur took the stage and anytime baby f***ing shark came up)

#36. Rudimental - These Days (feat. Jess Glynne, Macklemore & Dan Caplan) [38 points]
33-11-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-{1}-2-4-5-15-16-19-24-23-25-35-36-41-41-43-40-47-43-47-52-54-58-62-66-75-72R(5)->35

Oops I low-key stan this. So time to take a break from full on hating and dragging for once! This was a top 5 hit on my chart (somehow, I do like it but it was v lucky to hit my top 10 let alone top 5 and it only spent one week top 10!) and even tho I don't go back to it too much anymore, it's the 2nd best Jess release of the year and I love her parts/chorus on this. The macklemore parts are also pretty good and I'm kinda glad this was such a massive hit as it was one of the only early year hits that was acc listenable. Anyway congrats to the ginger witch jet2jet icon for not having a song in the top 35 this year x

(Dan's note: we tried to split it so we'd both have the songs we dislike, but both of us enjoy 'These Days' (me moreso however), yas at the topical queen finishing low here anyway!)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2020 - 04:20 PM