BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kid Cudi - Entergalactic, 7th album | Leader of the Deliquents
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausofGhibli
post Apr 14 2020, 06:31 AM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

Kid Cudi is back with a new single. First new solo music in ~5 years!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HausofGhibli
post Apr 14 2020, 03:58 PM
Post #2
Henrietta R Hippo

This is a great listen. Very autobiographical as always from him and as a result the lyrics are honest and heart-breaking.

I am so happy we have the start of a new era from him!

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Apr 14 2020, 04:02 PM
Post #3
i market it so good
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

Knew I could count on you to post about this 🙌

I'll always have a soft spot for Cudi, and his last album was one of his best.
Really liking this on first listen too, so happy he's back <3

+Quote Post
HausofGhibli
post Apr 14 2020, 04:07 PM
Post #4
Henrietta R Hippo

Ignoring KIDS SEE GHOSTS (which was great in itself), his solo albums are always a wild trip. 'Passion, Pain and Demon Slayin'' is a massive favourite of mine. It, at times, reached the dizzying heights of the Man On The Moon eras (I & II).

Agreed - so happy to have him back and hopefully he is in a healthy place mentally to make music and share his story with us after all the demons that took over him sad.gif

+Quote Post
HausofGhibli
post Apr 18 2020, 12:06 AM
Post #5
Henrietta R Hippo

Album confirmed to be called: Entergalactic

!!

I am fanboy SCREAMING at the title. It's honestly come full circle from Man On The Moon days!

A throwback from his masterpiece album heart.gif

+Quote Post
HausofGhibli
post Apr 18 2020, 12:06 AM
Post #6
Henrietta R Hippo

He has also teased a snippet of "Do What I Want" which will feature on the album.

Entergalactic will serve as the music component of Barris' upcoming adult animated series of the same name.

Information on how the album/series will work below:

"The idea of there's never been an album and a series dropped at the same time, so each song will have a 30-minute narrative that kind of explains what that song is about and it's a love story," Barris said during a Watch Less episode from 2019 ComplexCon. "It's a youthful love story told through Cudi's music."

Cudi told his viewers the Entergalactic album—his first solo effort since 2016's Passion, Pain and Demon Slayin—will arrive next summer. A release date for the Netflix animated series has not been announced.

https://www.complex.com/music/2020/04/kid-c...eviews-new-song

cheeseblock.png

+Quote Post
HausofGhibli
post Apr 21 2020, 11:31 PM
Post #7
Henrietta R Hippo

This review of 'Leader of the Deliquents' sums it up perfectly:

Cudi continues to prove how criminally underrated his recent output is (particularly Indicud and Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin’) with a song that perfectly encapsulates all of his greatest eccentricities. “Leader of the Delinquents” is another venture into the tangled web of Cudi’s bewildered thoughts. It’s been on the back burner since 2012, which isn’t a surprise considering its vaporous background reminiscent of 2010 Kid Cudi.

The song is drenched in swagger, as Cudder pinballs between his legacy and remedial despair, hoping his iconic rage doesn’t get the best of him-“But sometimes I wanted to shoot my f***ing face off/I’m talking game over, defeated the boss/Hope with age, I can cope with my rage.” Dropping the toxic masculine stigma surrounding chronic mental health has been Cudi’s greatest contribution as an artist. He ushered in a decade filled with ostentatious personalities, Soundcloud experimentation, and genre defying acceptance. He’s always happily carry the flag as the ultimate outsider-making music for the lost souls.

clap.gif

+Quote Post
Bré
post Apr 23 2020, 07:15 PM
Post #8
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

Never really given Cudi's music the attention that I probably should have but am really liking 'Leader Of The Delinquents', has a v kool ~old skool~ sound to it cool.gif

(maybe that's partly because the song is 8 years old laugh.gif but yay for it finally seeing the light of day xx)

Didn't realise it had been quite so long since he last released anything in his own name!

+Quote Post
Bré
post 12 hours ago
Post #9
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

New single with Eminem called 'The Adventures Of Moon Man & Slim Shady' coming on Friday apparently! ~

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th July 2020 - 11:32 AM