BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Liam on Logan Paul's podcast
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 1st June 2022, 11:07 AM
Post #1
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Liam's pissed off pretty much the entirety of the 1D fanbase on Twitter by mouthing off on Logan Paul's podcast about the band. He spoke about his solo success, Zayn, and the group itself.

A clip where he speaks about Zayn and (perhaps jokingly) says he's not "respectful":

Where he thinks Strip That Down outsold everyone else in the band:

And where he says Simon formed the group because of a promise he made specifically to Liam:

It's not a good look on him I don't think - it feels quite desperate to be speaking out about this kinda thing on Logan Paul's podcast of all places. He's getting torn apart for speaking about the upbringing of a British-Pakistani as a white man on Twitter, but I think the last clip is the oddest of all - what kind of ego?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 1st June 2022, 01:24 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I think based on some of his recent behaviour there have been tell-tale signs of how divorced he is from reality, so this is not altogether surprising.

Bang goes any hopes of a complete 1D reunion in the next few years. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 1st June 2022, 04:22 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

liam has needed a new team around him since his solo career launched and this is just another nail in the coffin.

+Quote this post
tommie
post 1st June 2022, 06:34 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

Boy band members aren't usually known for their big brains, Liam is no exception.

Save the whales you guys!

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 1st June 2022, 11:43 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

Does he think Strip That Down was a Shape of You style hit or something tearsmile.gif

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 2nd June 2022, 08:33 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

I wouldn't be surprised if he was Simon's favourite though... he is exactly his type.

This post has been edited by Sour Candy: 2nd June 2022, 08:33 AM

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post 2nd June 2022, 01:39 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059

This guy is an absolute nutjob. Sorry.

He's absolutely deluded, disgusting and reeking of insecurity and toxic masculinity.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 2nd June 2022, 02:01 PM
Post #8
Group icon

QUOTE(Sour Candy @ Jun 2 2022, 09:33 AM) *
I wouldn't be surprised if he was Simon's favourite though... he is exactly his type.

Though Simon said on Xtra Factor that Harry was his favourite! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
tommie
post 2nd June 2022, 02:16 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Simon's type is Sinitta x

+Quote this post
LMFan
post 2nd June 2022, 09:37 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 948

I’m watching the interview now and it’s quite sad. Liam clearly has problems and it’s apparent he has the wrong team round about him. He’s said many things which I think he will be regretting but he has come across so arrogant. He has so much singing talent it’s a shame his career and come to this.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 2nd June 2022, 10:20 PM
Post #11
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

The stuff he says about him and Simon is true, might not have worked that way come the end of the show but certainly in the beginning it was him as the front and centre. I can totally get that part as it was true. I think the stuff about Strip That Down is also true, it just doesn't come across very well. It was the biggest solo hit at the time - don't like the stuff he said about Zayn though. I think it comes from a meaningful place though.

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post 2nd June 2022, 10:43 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Rooney @ Jun 2 2022, 11:20 PM) *
The stuff he says about him and Simon is true, might not have worked that way come the end of the show but certainly in the beginning it was him as the front and centre. I can totally get that part as it was true. I think the stuff about Strip That Down is also true, it just doesn't come across very well. It was the biggest solo hit at the time - don't like the stuff he said about Zayn though. I think it comes from a meaningful place though.

Pillowtalk, I Don't Want To Live Forever, Dusk 'Til Dawn and Sign Of The Times were much bigger than Strip That Down so it's not true.

Regardless of streaming numbers, you just don't have that attitude. It's off putting. Have a bit of humility.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 3rd June 2022, 12:30 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Jun 2 2022, 11:43 PM) *
Pillowtalk, I Don't Want To Live Forever, Dusk 'Til Dawn and Sign Of The Times were much bigger than Strip That Down so it's not true.

Regardless of streaming numbers, you just don't have that attitude. It's off putting. Have a bit of humility.

I'd say Watermelon Sugar too surely with it being #1 in the USA? Also Harry's current one is shaping up to be up there as one of the biggest selling hits.

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post 3rd June 2022, 09:11 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Jun 3 2022, 01:30 AM) *
I'd say Watermelon Sugar too surely with it being #1 in the USA? Also Harry's current one is shaping up to be up there as one of the biggest selling hits.

Oh yeah I just meant in terms of when Strip That Down was released back in 2017.

The only stat I could be thinking of would be maybe Liam had a bigger debut on Spotify with his debut than the others did?

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 3rd June 2022, 11:49 AM
Post #15
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Jun 2 2022, 11:43 PM) *

Pillowtalk yes, but not sure about the others. Sign of The Times was very front loaded and kind of dove-tailed. I remember Strip That Down being massive and had some real longevity too.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 3rd June 2022, 11:56 AM
Post #16
Group icon

At the time I'd say only PILLOWTALK had been bigger than Strip That Down, though I'm fairly sure Sign of the Times had a bigger opening and a far bigger response on the whole. As for the current state of play, it's nowhere near the biggest solo hit:

1,844,200 Watermelon Sugar
1,330,000 Sign of the Times
1,323,000 Adore You
1,261,000 PILLOWTALK
1,201,000 Strip That Down
1,200,000 Slow Hands
1,200,000 Dusk Till Dawn
1,099,500 Falling

Liam would've only had a bigger debut than any of them on Spotify with his album if you added up the totals of all the singles he included - bear in mind LP1 had Strip That Down, Get Low, Bedroom Floor, For You, Familiar and Polaroid all tagged on - but Harry's album was definitely bigger on Spotify in its opening week (9 of its 10 tracks achieved a top 100 placing in the official chart).

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 3rd June 2022, 04:51 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Strip that down might have big but it was never going to give Liam any credibility or longevity in the music business. He was another white boy doing an RnB infused song trying to be “hip.” Harry and Niall have been very clever in the music styles they have gone for appealing to more than just the One Direction fan base.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 3rd June 2022, 05:04 PM
Post #18
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Jun 3 2022, 05:51 PM) *
Strip that down might have big but it was never going to give Liam any credibility or longevity in the music business. He was another white boy doing an RnB infused song trying to be “hip.” Harry and Niall have been very clever in the music styles they have gone for appealing to more than just the One Direction fan base.

After Harry he was probably the most marketable and 'popstar' esque. The problem was at the time, his team and himself really messed up. They left it too long to capitalise on Strip That Down and by then the world had moved on. Appreciate reading back some of the stuff now, he was probably in a bad place mentally and with a drink problem which is probably why he scrapped his entire album, then decided to go with the latino pop vibe which had already been done much better by Havana and Despasio.

+Quote this post
tommie
post 3rd June 2022, 05:35 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Rooney @ Jun 3 2022, 05:04 PM) *
After Harry he was probably the most marketable and 'popstar' esque. The problem was at the time, his team and himself really messed up. They left it too long to capitalise on Strip That Down and by then the world had moved on. Appreciate reading back some of the stuff now, he was probably in a bad place mentally and with a drink problem which is probably why he scrapped his entire album, then decided to go with the latino pop vibe which had already been done much better by Havana and Despasio.

To be fair, I don't think *he* scrapped the album himself as pop stars rarely have the power to do that. However, first hopping on the R&B lite trend, then latin pop vibe, then getting an Ed Sheeran track just screams that he / his team / record label lacked any real vision or direction (hur dur) of what kind of pop star he was, so they just tried trend-hopping in hope that something would stick.

Say what you will about Niall or Harry, but both have very specific vibes/sound in place of their solo careers.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 3rd June 2022, 10:53 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(tommie @ Jun 3 2022, 06:35 PM) *
To be fair, I don't think *he* scrapped the album himself as pop stars rarely have the power to do that. However, first hopping on the R&B lite trend, then latin pop vibe, then getting an Ed Sheeran track just screams that he / his team / record label lacked any real vision or direction (hur dur) of what kind of pop star he was, so they just tried trend-hopping in hope that something would stick.

Say what you will about Niall or Harry, but both have very specific vibes/sound in place of their solo careers.

This!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 02:35 AM