Jump to content

Featured Replies

Just listened to Melanie C's and Emma's heartFM interview. Did we know that Wannabe was midweek at number 6 its first week? Wow, they climbed all the way to number 3.

  • Replies 4.4k
  • Views 616.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Just wanted to share something quite special (and a bit heartbreaking, to be honest). Yesterday, all the MTV music channels across Europe were shut down. MTV 80s, MTV 90s, MTV Hits, Club MTV… the lot

  • Made a new banner for the forum by the way *.* Thought it was time for a refresh!

  • Happy New Year all! 🎊🥰 Let’s hope 2026 brings us good news…

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Rebel said:

Just listened to Melanie C's and Emma's heartFM interview. Did we know that Wannabe was midweek at number 6 its first week? Wow, they climbed all the way to number 3.

Yeah just seen the full interview now. That's probably one of the first signs it was going to smash the charts!

So full of goosebumps watching the interview. Got me so reflective about how this band marked my childhood. I was such a fan to the sheer irritation of some of my siblings 🤣

And it's so great to see their impact on a ton of people across the world. They weren't just a band; they were a phenomenon. Just wished some of them understood this well enough celebrate on stage. You can tell how bad Emma and Mel C want this reunion. Mel B is clearly tired of preaching it, so her recent posts hardly talk of about a reunion, which is kind of sad to see!

  • 2 months later...

Yeah they have been using that in the announcement both in colour and in b&w (I prefer colour!)

It is from the Rankin photoshoot. Would work really well as the main banner for the Spice Girls forum on Buzzjack, just saying....

Also, did anyone catch this?....

(all Im going to say is that I am glad that Geri is back doing some sort of Spice-related activity at least... just why this?...)

  • Author

I did and instantly decided to pretend that it never happened teresa A spectacularly unfunny advert coffee but yeah, glad Geri's not completely shut the door on Spice stuff...

I mean, it's ok I guess, better than those dreadful coinmaster adverts, but it's nowhere near as funny as people are making out?!? 🤔

7 minutes ago, Spiceboy said:

I mean, it's ok I guess, better than those dreadful coinmaster adverts, but it's nowhere near as funny as people are making out?!? 🤔

isn't it funny that the last two times some of them got together to promote something group-related were literal adverts of Coinmaster and Dunkin???!!!....

I believe only Mel C has actively promoted some of the anniversary releases (Spice25, nothing since then lol)...

Money Grabbing Spices lol

9 hours ago, Mr.X said:

Also, did anyone catch this?....

(all Im going to say is that I am glad that Geri is back doing some sort of Spice-related activity at least... just why this?...)

Maybe just to squash rumour of her asking Starbucks to call their promoted drink to be Geri Latte, instead of Pumpkin Spice Latte from last year?

They just shared unseen footage from the Say You'll Be There video.

This is very cute and glad they are using unseen footage again.. seems like they are picking up on their social media game lately (good, finally!)

Archival stuff - music, footage, images - is what fans have been asking for a long long time.

  • Author

Glad to see they're doing this, this is what makes an anniversary celebration interesting wub Looking forward to seeing more!

  • 2 weeks later...

Seems like the Netflix show is still on-going!

ps. this is not the rumoured Documentary that was shelved, this is a TV Drama series writen by Jack Rooke (one of the best UK TV writers) and the Production team of The Crown. Let's hope it happens!

sg-image-3.webp

The Spice Girls' long-awaited TV drama has been secretly revived as its writer reveals a script has now been written and the project is "in active development". The proposed Netflix show had appeared to hit the buffers earlier this year, when The Sun revealed plans had been shelved amid tensions between the bandmates. But BAFTA-winning Big Boys creator Jack Rooke, 33, has now given fans fresh hope by confirming work is continuing on the project. "Yes, I have been developing something," Jack said. "I've been developing something that is, I would say, more than a music biopic. It's like a sort of fun comedy drama."

Speaking on BBC Sounds' Sidetracked with Annie and Nick on Thursday, he added: "There has been a script written with me and a lovely little group of gals and gays. But that's all I can say. I would love for the Spice Girls themselves to love that too. And those discussions are ongoing, so we'll see…"

The project, being developed by The Crown producer Suzanne Mackie, had been lined up to capitalise on the 30th anniversary of the Spice Girls' debut hit Wannabe this year. But in February, The Sun revealed the show had been shelved after the project failed to reach the commissioning stage at Netflix. Ongoing tensions between members of the band were said to have made getting all five Spice Girls on board difficult. It was suggested the idea could potentially be revisited at a later stage.

Jack's comments now confirm a script has been written and that he considers the project to still be in active development. He did not say whether Netflix had formally commissioned the series or if all five Spice Girls have signed off on it. Jack, who won his second BAFTA for comedy writing earlier this year, made clear he remains a huge fan of the women. He said: "They really, for me, represent the first time that we saw working-class women be ambitious in British pop culture. A lot of Spice Girls detractors could say it was also the first time it became a big capitalist entity – they sold everything. But that's still a story about ambition and class, and how important that is to see. Once you see it, then it becomes what I think we have today, which is so many more women in the media and in music being loud and outspoken and being particularly British."

Jack added: "If we're going to have these four films about the Beatles, then I do think we need a big comedy rump about the Spice Girls."

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.