Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • Author

There seems to be quite a backlog starting to build up of "songs they should have playlisted by now", although I think it's never been less predictable what they will and won't support! I would have expected to see these on the playlist:

 

Griff - Black Hole

Baby Queen - Raw Thoughts

Harry Styles - Treat Me With Kindness

Kings Of Leon - The Bandit

Tom Grennan - Little Bit Of Love

Jc Stewart - Break My Heart

Riton x Nightcrawlers feat. Mufasa & Hypeman - Friday

Silk City feat. Ellie Goulding - New Love

Clean Bandit feat. Iann Dior - Higher (pretty sure this will get added next week)

Rag'n'Bone Man - All You Ever Wanted (pretty sure this will get added next week)

 

And then you never really know which rap/urban tracks they'll jump on.

 

I really wish they'd do away with impact dates (if such outdated concepts still exist) and just playlist songs within the first week or two of release.

 

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why on earth did they feel the need to insta-B-list Fredo?? :unsure:

 

It's a pretty huge new release? It's already #2 on Apple Music. If anything I wouldn't have been surprised if it went straight to the A-List :P

 

Great to see SZA moved to the A-List and London Grammar added :wub: Not so great that we are still humouring Ashnikko's existence.

 

I've heard a few songs from shame's album and they seem like an interesting band, I haven't really fallen in love with any of their songs ('Snow Day' is my fave of what I've heard) but they definitely have potential. The Rudimental song is cool too ~

There seems to be quite a backlog starting to build up of "songs they should have playlisted by now", although I think it's never been less predictable what they will and won't support! I would have expected to see these on the playlist:

 

Griff - Black Hole

Baby Queen - Raw Thoughts

Harry Styles - Treat Me With Kindness

Kings Of Leon - The Bandit

Tom Grennan - Little Bit Of Love

Jc Stewart - Break My Heart

Riton x Nightcrawlers feat. Mufasa & Hypeman - Friday

Silk City feat. Ellie Goulding - New Love

Clean Bandit feat. Iann Dior - Higher (pretty sure this will get added next week)

Rag'n'Bone Man - All You Ever Wanted (pretty sure this will get added next week)

 

And then you never really know which rap/urban tracks they'll jump on.

 

I really wish they'd do away with impact dates (if such outdated concepts still exist) and just playlist songs within the first week or two of release.

 

They’re so inconsistent with additions now I think at times they do not follow impact dates but then with Other tracks they do as they’re not mad on them but like to support for a time anyway to fill in a playlist spot.

 

 

I know Harry Styles' solo material has been rather influenced by the distant past anyway, but maybe the reason why Treat People With Kindness hasn't been playlisted is because it's really, really, REALLY Radio 2 as well as being several post-album singles down the line? Wouldn't be out of place on Sounds of the Sixties. Also, I've not been listening to as much daytime Radio 1 as I once was so I keep seeing adds I presumed were there weeks ago, like Lose Your Head.

Edited by HiyaLuv!

Quick new adds review:

 

Ashnikko feat. Kelis - Deal With It - thought this was already on, sounds like a lengthy top ten hit in the making

Fredo feat. Dave - Money Talks - no Funky Friday is it

London Grammar - Lose Your Head - presumed it was already on, prefer the CamelPhat remix and the previous single

Nathan Evans - Wellerman [220Kid x Billen Ted Remix] - I'm on the dying stages of still enjoying this, thought it slapped initially but may become highly irritating quickly

Rudimental feat. MORGAN, Digga D & TIKE - Be The One - Artful Dodger z-side, not really grabbing me

Shame - Nigel Hitter - haven't heard yet but previous material annoyed me. Then again, Fontaines DC are as 6 Music as feck and I've ending up loving them.

Edited by HiyaLuv!

if they go with Impact dates, that should be the same for R1 and R2, right?

cos R2 has had the new Harry track for a while now...

 

KOL's album is out March 5, so the impact of the single should be now

if they go with Impact dates, that should be the same for R1 and R2, right?

cos R2 has had the new Harry track for a while now...

 

KOL's album is out March 5, so the impact of the single should be now

 

You would have thought so but radio 1 in the past have added some stuff far later than Radio 2 and seemingly after a song has peaked too, I think Ava Max’s Kings and Queens is the best recent example of that last year.

Jake Bugg too, as I said above I get the feeling the add some to fill up space
After seeing how massive Fredo’s album has been in the last couple of days, I take it back about being surprised he’s been insta added on the B List and will most likely move up to the A List next week. I didn’t quite realise how huge both him and Dave are.

maybe Fredo is more popular when he collaborates with Dave

but last week he released a single too and that charted at #20, it's not like it broke the charts

he hasn't been this high in the charts since Funky Friday in 2018 but since then all his singles underperformed

His biggest hits are his Dave collabs (and 'So High' with MIST) but he pretty clearly has a big fanbase of his own, he has 10 songs in the top 40 on Spotify :P He is just an inconsistent singles artist which is true of a lot of British rappers (Headie One and AJ Tracey have both had plenty of songs that made almost no noise at all amongst their bigger hits for example).

 

edit: actually forgot about 'Netflix & Chill' which is to date his third highest chart position and that's an entirely solo song.

  • Author
Yeah I must admit I didn't realise Fredo was quite as big as he is. Maybe R1 were justified in adding him to the B-list after all.
Think Fred’s is big among the young demographic who are into grime and rap which is a big thing for radio 1 to keep the age of listeners down. In my own opinion for every great rap/grime artist like Stormzy and Dave there are loads of mediocre ones too which are played a lot at radio because the genre is so huge.

Tune of the Week w/c 01/02/21

Arielle Free: Ben Howard - What A Day

Greg James: Rag'n'Bone Man - All You Ever Wanted

Clara Amfo: Griff - Black Hole

Scott Mills: Riton & Nightcrawlers feat. Mufasa & Hypeman - Friday

Nick Grimshaw: Fredo feat. Dave - Money Talks

  • Author
Tune of the Week w/c 01/02/21

Arielle Free: Ben Howard - What A Day

Greg James: Rag'n'Bone Man - All You Ever Wanted

Clara Amfo: Griff - Black Hole

Scott Mills: Riton & Nightcrawlers feat. Mufasa & Hypeman - Friday

Hoping to see all four of those playlisted next week, as tall as an order that is!

Hoping to see all four of those playlisted next week, as tall as an order that is!

And also Clean Bandit

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.