Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • Author

Checking out Emil's first shows from the weekend, he's such a natural voice for radio I really do enjoy listening to him. Thought he was great at Absolute and he's certainly proved himself at Radio 1 too. A well deserved slot which I shall endeavour to catch up on as often as I can.

  • Replies 525
  • Views 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • TMD_24Quavo
    TMD_24Quavo

    BBC Radio 1 Most Played 2025 2026 has arrived and get what else has come with it? You guessed it! The annual review of the most played songs and artists on BBC Radio 1 during 2025. As usual, I used

  • For anybody interested, the Official Chart of the Year will be happening this year on Boxing Day from 2-6pm. It is with Dan Draper this year who I think is a new name to the chart.

  • I wonder if there may be a popular website consisting of some kind of engine that you can use to search and find the answer to that x

3 hours ago, lewistgreen said:

Checking out Emil's first shows from the weekend, he's such a natural voice for radio I really do enjoy listening to him. Thought he was great at Absolute and he's certainly proved himself at Radio 1 too. A well deserved slot which I shall endeavour to catch up on as often as I can.


He's from Newton Aycliffe too, where I used to live on and off for many years!

He first started covering about four years ago so he's definitely worked hard and been very patient.

I still can't get my head around Dean and Nat being gone already, they were supposed to be the future of Radio 1.

Shame James Cusack had to go too to make way for Emil, would have been great if there'd been a place for both of them.

Edited by HiyaLuv!

2 minutes ago, HiyaLuv! said:


He's from Newton Aycliffe too, where I used to live on and off for many years!

He first started covering about four years ago so he's definitely worked hard and been very patient.

I still can't get my head around Dean and Nat being gone already, they were supposed to be the future of Radio 1.

Shame James Cusack had to go too to make way for Emil, would have been great if there'd been a place for both of them.

I can with Dean - I feel like the writing was on the wall post-I'm A Celeb and him being moved to Early Breakfast.

4 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

I can with Dean - I feel like the writing was on the wall post-I'm A Celeb and him being moved to Early Breakfast.


He was handed a bit of a poisoned chalice replacing Scott and Chris and it's no wonder people were so relieved when him and Vicky were put out their misery by Matt and Mollie but I did see a lot of people saying he didn't come across well on IAC, didn't watch it myself though.

The few times I did listen to Dean and Vicky in the afternoon it was a very drab and miserable experience compared to what came before.

Did feel like D+V were 'stalking horses' put there to absorb all the listener anger and disappointment before the real successors M+M came in.

I did feel sorry for Dean when he was doing his farewell speech and said "my heart hurts today".

But as you say, once you've been demoted from daytime to early breakfast, your R1 days are numbered!

Feels weird that Aled is sacking so many of his own recruits or at least happily letting them go.

Edited by HiyaLuv!

I caught a bit of 'How Bad Do U Want Me' on R1 earlier - any idea what caused Greg to play a Gaga album track?!

  • Author
6 hours ago, Mangø said:

I caught a bit of 'How Bad Do U Want Me' on R1 earlier - any idea what caused Greg to play a Gaga album track?!

Joe Lycett was a guest today and it's his son's favourite Gaga track!

7 hours ago, Mangø said:

I caught a bit of 'How Bad Do U Want Me' on R1 earlier - any idea what caused Greg to play a Gaga album track?!

never getting over this not being a single. Little Monsters were desperate for it to happen and she or her team gave up with MAYHEM. This happened TWICE for this song alone.

Did Radio 1 mean to play Clementine Douglas - Trust at 13:24 then play Sonny Fodera, MK & Clementine Douglas - Asking at 13:35 or did they not realise Clementine sings both of those tracks?

2 hours ago, earthisturning said:

Did Radio 1 mean to play Clementine Douglas - Trust at 13:24 then play Sonny Fodera, MK & Clementine Douglas - Asking at 13:35 or did they not realise Clementine sings both of those tracks?

assuming they just forgot, not mad tho cos her voice is so good.

edit: forgot to mention, but it was lovely to hear Lady Gaga - The Dead Dance this morning. not a song they regularly play.

Edited by Jay79x

I don't understand why Radio 1 won't let Vicky present alone rather than have her on her third pairing. Katie Thistleton used to do a brilliant solo weekend show which I miss and to be honest I wish Radio 1 had more solo shows. Ditch the 'Group Chat' and rename the show to Vicky Hawkesworth and it would be great!

4 hours ago, earthisturning said:

I don't understand why Radio 1 won't let Vicky present alone rather than have her on her third pairing. Katie Thistleton used to do a brilliant solo weekend show which I miss and to be honest I wish Radio 1 had more solo shows. Ditch the 'Group Chat' and rename the show to Vicky Hawkesworth and it would be great!

not to mention Katie was nailing Going Home on her own earlier this year. Vicky could def do it on her own for sure, Nat and her was a great pairing but her and Charley are uhm… interesting!

13 minutes ago, Jay79x said:

not to mention Katie was nailing Going Home on her own earlier this year. Vicky could def do it on her own for sure, Nat and her was a great pairing but her and Charley are uhm… interesting!

Vicky and Charley are getting better but would've preferred just Vicky.

  • 2 weeks later...

Jack, Sian and Alyx are in Cardiff for New Music Live tonight meaning no live shows until 4am as they have pre-recorded them. That is bad. I would've got Arielle Free to cover Jack, Maddi Fearn to cover Sian and Jordan Blyth to cover Alyx.

Edited by earthisturning

oh and while we're here, Vick is coming back next week as hinted at by Katie and Emil, as she's supposedly doing the John Cena kids ask interview with Katie. Unclear when Jamie's back.

@lewistgreen Just to let you know that there’s a whole load of new R1 Anthems episodes beginning on Monday so hopefully the station will start to feel less stale from next week!

1 hour ago, Dan17F1 said:

@lewistgreen Just to let you know that there’s a whole load of new R1 Anthems episodes beginning on Monday so hopefully the station will start to feel less stale from next week!

Will be good to hear new shows from Lauren Redfern and Chelsea Little, not Luke Carr though as his stint on Weekend Early Breakfast this month was very boring. Every link was "that was Artist - Song on BBC Radio 1, now it's Artist - Song on BBC Radio 1".

4 hours ago, Dan17F1 said:

@lewistgreen Just to let you know that there’s a whole load of new R1 Anthems episodes beginning on Monday so hopefully the station will start to feel less stale from next week!

yea they’ve actually already rolled out some new ones already

Bobbi Bunker has replaced Luke Carr on Weekend Early Breakfast which is probably for the best?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.