Posted August 12Aug 12 It absolutely makes sense and I am here for her "retiring" now tbh. It's so sad though to see it all get to the point that they've basically driven the drive & passion she once had out of her so much that she never wants to do it again. That entire team needs a one way ticket...But how do you all feel about this?She did announce that she has 2 upcoming projects before the end of the year, but I wonder what they will be.
August 14Aug 14 It's totally understandable and I wish her well, its a huge shame she couldn't do a couple of shows just as a goodbye to fans but the industry ended up very cruel to her so walking away is the right move for her.
August 24Aug 24 I've just reached to a point where Britney isn't coming back in all senses, unless she changes her opinion in a later certain period of time. I personally think that her retirement to music is good because of how the industry has done to her, as well as all of the time during her conservatorship, but she really needs to be in a good mental health to do that. There are some minor and inner issues that she needs to fight and this is the reason why she's holding back in my opinion too.The good part of all of this (if this makes sense, lol!) is that Britney released Glory because it would have been a total disaster if her latest album would have been Britney Jean. Yikes.
August 24Aug 24 At this moment in time it does feel like she’s absolutely not wanting to come back to music which feels understandable. Who knows in say 5/10 years time (or longer) how she’ll feel about new music and new performances but it wouldn’t feel right wanting her to perform any time soon it would feel too uncomfortable. Britney Jean aside I think she had a pretty good run. Her discography until 2008 for me is super strong.
August 24Aug 24 I don't blame Britney for being done with the music industry. The industry was horrible to her. They worked her so, so much.
August 28Aug 28 I can see her one day in the distant future surprise dropping an album because she wants to, without having to do the promotional cycle etc.
August 28Aug 28 Yold y'all so during the free britney era that was trapped snd forced to do it and CLEARLY wanted to resign after Blackout, but y'all told me to shut up...She should have been allowed after Blackout. In fact it shouldn't have even BEEN a matter of allow. She should have been ABLE to do it. She'd have had a huge comeback by now doing it that way too I reckon.Now, she's never coming back. Being forced in thr studio, on stage, to robotically sing what she was told to sing, or given Tulisa's song and told to lipsink to it as if she had Tulisa's accent... Awful. No wonder she'll never be back.