Jump to content

Featured Replies

Not sure Texas needed to go so big this round BEB is a 10!!

  • Replies 25
  • Views 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Did somebody say twix?

  • It’s only taken four rounds but it is TIME to stan Bananarama *.*

  • Marianne oh Marianne 'Sanctify' is my favourite Years & Years song so very pleased to see that here!

Posted Images

Just now, vibe said:

Not sure Texas needed to go so big this round BEB is a 10!!

Could say the same for Bananarama

May as well start the voting:

1 Sade - By Your Side

2 Depeche Mode - Precious

3 Ultravox - All Stood Still

4 Fontaines D.C. - Marianne

5 New Order - Crystal

6 Texas - Black Eyed Boy

7 iamamiwhoami - t

8 Years & Years - Sanctify

9 Bananarama - Love in the First Degree

That's my favourite Sade song, so I've had 4 different groups top scoring for me now. 'Precious' earns its place among Depeche Mode's highest charting songs. I knew everything except the iamamiwhoami one so gave that a couple of extra listens - I have enjoyed everything they've had sent including this one, but fear for them here.

  1. Bananarama - Love in the First Degree - a gold plated 80s pop classic and my favourite Bananarama song, an absolute joy and one of the best SAW productions

  2. Texas - Black Eyed Boy - I have vivid memories attached to this wonderful song. It reminds me of summer 1997 and going to a Cartoon Network-hosted Scooby Doo roadshow in late July on Brighton beach (along with Scooby Snacks by Fun Lovin' Criminals, of course)

  3. Sade - By Your Side - I always thought this was an absolutely beautiful track, I remember it from the time well as it was on Hits 2001

  4. Fontaines D.C. - Marianne - I remember reading somewhere recently that the chorus melody is reminiscent of Take That, and I definitely get that - it's pretty poppy and mainstream for Fontaines, almost like Embrace in places too - not a bad thing for me at all

  5. Depeche Mode - Precious - a strong, brooding and atmospheric mid-00s hit from Depeche Mode, I really like the piano line in this

  6. New Order - Crystal - decent track, I remember this from a Hits album at the time too, nice to see something 21st century from them

  7. Years & Years - Sanctify - nice chorus, but I do prefer a lot of other singles from them

  8. iamamiwhoami - t - nice but wasn't as grabby for me as their last few songs

  9. Ultravox - All Stood Still - I vaguely know this already but it's not really a favourite of mine

  1. BANANARAMA

  2. TEXAS

  3. FONTAINES DC

  4. ULTRAVOX

  5. SADE

  6. DEPECHE MODE

  7. IAMAMIWHOAMI

  8. YEARS & YEARS

  9. NEW ORDER

 

Worshipping at the altar of Texas and Bananarama each and every week. I am ready for one of Depeche Mode/Ultravox/New Order to go soon but my favourite and least favourite seem to keep changing each week lol

That Sade song is in my Top 3 fave from theirs wub

I am really rooting for them, cause I need 'No Ordinary Love' to be sent in here <3

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1