Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • Replies 416
  • Views 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this Bowling For Soup song thought it would have done better
  • Author

40 :up: (from 74) Bowling For Soup High School Never Ends

 

http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Large_Images/HMV/CDAG009.JPG

 

Chart Run: 74-40

 

Release date: 29-1-2007

Availability: normally ships in 24 hours

Number of Discs: 1

Catalogue Number: CDAG009

Label: A&G

 

Video here:

 

track listing

1. High School Never Ends [Radio Edit]

2. High School Never Ends [Original Version]

3. Much More Beautiful Person [Exclusive Bonus Track]

4. High School Never Ends [Video & Gallery]

I thought Bowling For Soup might have had a fair sized hit with 'High School Never Ends,' but I guess not, I suppose BFS aren't going to be as big as the likes of FOB unless they record something as strong.
  • Author

39 :up: (from 60) Beyonce - Listen

 

http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Large_Images/HMV/88697041032.JPG

 

Chart Run: 60-39

 

Director Bill Condon brings Tom Eyen's Tony award-winning Broadway musical to the big screen in a tale of dreams, stardom, and the high cost of success in the cutthroat recording industry. The time is the 1960s, and singers Effie (Jennifer Hudson), Lorrell (Anika Noni Rose), and Deena (Beyoncé Knowles) are about to find out just what it's like to have their wildest dreams come true.

 

Discovered at a local talent show by ambitious manager Curtis Taylor Jr. (Jamie Foxx), the trio known as 'the Dreamettes' is soon offered the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of opening for popular singer James "Thunder" Early played by Eddie Murphy. Subsequently moulded into an unstoppable hit machine by Taylor and propelled into the spotlight as 'The Dreams,' the girls quickly find their bid for the big time taking priority over personal friendship as ego-driven Deena gradually nudges out the less-attractive Effie in a blatant attempt to capitalize on her newfound fame.

 

Now, as the crossover act continues to dominate the airwaves, the small-town girls with big-city dreams slowly begin to realize the true cost of fame may be higher than any of them ever anticipate. - HMV

 

Video here:

 

Discussion Thread Here

 

IPB Image

'1985,' is definitley the best BFS single, they should re-release it actually with some good promo seeing I think it could definitley make a bigger impace than 'High School Never Ends,' has done.

This track is not a patch on their 2004 US #1 hit "1985" IMHO.

 

I thought it only got to #35 over there :unsure:

At least this Beyonce single is better than "Ring The Alarm" & "DeJa Vu" even though it is no "Irreplaceable".
NOOOOOO :cry: why do they have to play SS :( theyve killed it enough as it is
  • Author

38 :down: (from 27) Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin'

 

http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Large_Images/HMV/1707529.JPG

 

Chart Run: 4-1-1-1-1-2-3-4-10-15-20-19-20-20-25-27-27-16-18-28-33-27-38

 

'I Don't Feel Like Dancing' marks the celebratory return of everyone's favourite camp-as-Christmas glam rocking Americans, Scissor Sisters. Having paraded their distinctive blend of pop, disco and 70s rock to the top of the charts with their eponymous debut album in 2004, Jake Shears, Ana Matronic and co. deliver the feverishly exhilarating 'I Don't Feel Like Dancing', with a little help from friend and idol Elton John, which is the first single to be taken from their new album, 'Ta-Dah'. -HMV

 

Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin' Video

[flash=450,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx1NDxkSL28.swf

 

UK Release date: 4-9-2006

 

track listing

1. I Don't Feel Like Dancin' [Album Version]

2. I Don't Feel Like Dancin' [Linus Loves Dub]

3. I Don't Feel Like Dancin' [Video]

 

Discussion thread here

 

IPB Image

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.