BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
44 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Headlines // Discussion Thread, Brand New Mini Album!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
2ndAdventure
post 17th June 2010, 09:18 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,180

Update 18/06/10 (See bottom of this post)

It has been confirmed today that the album will be a small 8-track album (or EP if you want) is set to be released this year, which will so far feature 'Missing You', 'Forever Is Over' and 'Ego'. This was aparently in a press release along side with the fab cover for the upcoming single 'Missing You'. The other 5 tracks are aparently brand new.

OK the press release that accompanies the artwork for Missing You says "The new album will be an eight track collection, and feature Missing You, the previous singles Ego and Forever Is Over."

So far the girls themselves have confirmed they have been working with Steve Mac (who did Ego) and Alphabeat. This could be quite a successful little album.

This has been confirmed by KevKev at The Saturdays official forum who has given us information on The Sats upcoming releases in the past. However official confirmation is yet to come.

Update:

Here's the press release:

The Saturdays return with their new single Missing You on August 9th, the first release from their brand-new album, released one week later on August 16th.

Missing You is a club hit in waiting and features the five girls on storming form. The bittersweet lyrics are an ode to a lost love, sung beautifully over some monster synth riffs, perfect for a summer smash. Fittingly, the video was recently shot in sunny Malaga.

Mollie, Rochelle, Frankie, Vanessa and Una have gone from strength to strength since the release of their last album, 2009’s Wordshaker. They have toured the UK, scored a string of hit singles and are currently the stars of an enormous TV and billboard campaign by Impulse. The last single Ego has now sold over 250,000 copies and spent over three months in the top 40.

The new album will be an eight track collection, and feature Missing You, the previous singles Ego and Forever Is Over.

As well as the release of new material, summer 2010 will be massive for The Saturdays and their fans, as the band play a series of huge live shows:

Sat 12th June – Isle of Wight festival
Fri 18th June – Isle of Man festival
Thurs 24th June – Hamilton Park, Glasgow
Sunday 4th July – T4 on the Beach

However, don't believe all you read in that 'press release'. They are numorous grammar, structure and tense mistakes. Not to mention that the sales figure for 'Ego' is completely wrong.

This post has been edited by Scherz: 24th June 2010, 08:52 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
missingyou
post 17th June 2010, 09:32 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 4,429

bad idea.. it wont chart.. should have been a third album or reissue of ws!

+Quote this post
Steve D
post 17th June 2010, 09:45 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Is a Moderator :o
User: 7,757

it will chart :/ it's basically a re-release like Doll Domination - The Mini Collection type of thing. It might have Wordshaker in the title somehow.

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post 17th June 2010, 09:46 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059

Why couldn't the six extra tracks (Missing You + the 5 others) go on a deluxe edition of Wordshaker?? It's boost the album chart run (which looks awful) and it would make the era about 10x better.

An E.P is a poor idea. Very rarely do they do well.

+Quote this post
FezVez
post 17th June 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,358

OMG!!! I'M SO THRILLED THE OLD FONT IS BACK!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 17th June 2010, 11:27 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

'Wordshaker: Shaken Up'? kink.gif

+Quote this post
missingyou
post 18th June 2010, 08:47 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

i think the fact that they are two tracks short of a third album is silly. they could just add the new songs to Wordshaker and reissue it.

this whole plan seems a little bit pointless.

+Quote this post
2ndAdventure
post 18th June 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Maybe it's an EP because they're working on a full album for release sometime after?

But yeah, I'm not keen on the idea at all. It's as if management have gave them all this money to do a fancy video shoot etc but just give them enough money for producers to make a small album. Dosen't look too good. A deluxe edition (like mentioned above) would do much better, as it would still improove the 'Wordshaker' album sales, and it would still all look like 'the seccond era' not 'c*ap, wordshaker didn't chart good, let's release an ep, era'. They should of done an EP instead of releasing 'Wordshaker' at all tbh if they were planning to get new stuff out as quick as they did with 'Wordshaker'.

Cannot believe they're only doing one single for this. But then again you can't really just release 2 singles off an 8-track album since fans would already have half of the album in single/past album form!

Edit: Don't believe all you read guys. That press release looks dodgy after 'inspecting' it.

This post has been edited by olm-remix: 18th June 2010, 10:57 AM

+Quote this post
Aled.
post 18th June 2010, 11:04 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 4,254

Not the best decision they could have made but it should hopefully do allright chart wise, and it will presumably be seen as part of the Wordshaker era? If so, and assuming they shift a few copies of it Wordshaker's total can be increased a little and they can go and release album #3 next year.
A full re-release might actually be better tbh but 6 new tracks so im not complaining biggrin.gif I dont think releasing a third album this year in full would be a good idea at all tbh.

+Quote this post
Dane
post 18th June 2010, 12:10 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,281

Right im predicting it to land around top 20ish :/ i really want top 10 or even top 5 but it looks doubtfull, look at robins ep/mini album body talk pt.1 36 in the midweeks and thats with a top 10 single :/
I just pray that missing you is amazing and gives them a number one! wub.gif
i cant wait for the single or EP to be released, how long until its leaked, im saying the week missing you is released is when the ep will be leaked, missing you will probably be played on radio 1 switch on sunday the 4th of july after they have performed it on t4!
t4 or 4music will probably get the video exclusive!
Exciting, i bet i get it all wrong, it preieres on heart aha and the video exclusive is on dave! ahaa (:

This post has been edited by MusicIsMyLife: 18th June 2010, 12:12 PM

+Quote this post
kye
post 18th June 2010, 12:11 PM
Post #11
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169

Let's look at this logically, if it really is happening..
Most people won't even know there is a Wordshaker album out there.
If this single is going to be as big as they're making it out to be, many people will think this EP is the accompanying album if they look for it.
Television advertisements will say "featuring 'Forever is Over', 'Ego' and the brand new single 'Missing You'" so there will be THREE singles that will push the release.
Deluxe editions of albums generally only get released if the album has done really well and they want to milk it.
They've been working with Taio Cruz & Alphabeat, so I'm guessing this EP will have a very strong set of material.
And finally, and this is the big one, EP's are usually cheaper than a standard album.. hence enticing people to buy it even more.

+Quote this post
Dane
post 18th June 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,281

QUOTE(Scherz @ Jun 18 2010, 01:11 PM) *
Let's look at this logically, if it really is happening..
Most people won't even know there is a Wordshaker album out there.
If this single is going to be as big as they're making it out to be, many people will think this EP is the accompanying album if they look for it.
Television advertisements will say "featuring 'Forever is Over', 'Ego' and the brand new single 'Missing You'" so there will be THREE singles that will push the release.
Deluxe editions of albums generally only get released if the album has done really well and they want to milk it.
They've been working with Taio Cruz & Alphabeat, so I'm guessing this EP will have a very strong set of material.
And finally, and this is the big one, EP's are usually cheaper than a standard album.. hence enticing people to buy it even more.

Just because its cheaper doesnt mean people will buy it, i thought that with robin's EP/Mini album, but 36 in the midweeks, makes it look like, weather its cheap or not, its got to be good for people to buy it (:

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 18th June 2010, 12:49 PM
Post #13
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Or maybe it's just that Robyn's label didn't know how to promote her. Yes it has a single in the Top 10, but people are more interested in that at the moment, obviously. They shouldn't have released the album at the same time as the single. The Saturdays' management know how to promote The Sats and will make people aware of the album. I'm expecting an advert for the album with a clip of 'Ego' and 'Missing You' (They'll only mention FIO I think)

+Quote this post
missingyou
post 18th June 2010, 02:38 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

is there any tweets from jane or the girls regarding this.. im not sure how much i believe this!

+Quote this post
Lew
post 18th June 2010, 03:14 PM
Post #15
Group icon
we'll run where lights won't chase us.
User: 8,567

Im not too bothered on the idea of an EP, the thing I don't like is putting FIO and Ego on there, Id rather have more new tracks! I know it will help having them two singles on their though.

+Quote this post
missingyou
post 18th June 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(animal @ Jun 18 2010, 04:14 PM) *
Im not too bothered on the idea of an EP, the thing I don't like is putting FIO and Ego on there, Id rather have more new tracks! I know it will help having them two singles on their though.

especially as Forever Is Over is being blamed as the whole reason Wordshaker bombed by such a large amount of fans!

jeez!

+Quote this post
2ndAdventure
post 18th June 2010, 04:27 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Good:
a) Girls have worked with better producers this time round, and more known ones. Taio Cruz, Alphabeat, Steve Mac (Ego) and so on.
b] There is alot of hype around the single, so hopefully it can do the same for the album/EP
c) Shouldn't cost as much as a normal album
d) I'm sure we'd want an album with 8 good tunes on it, rather than 12 ok tunes
e) They're going to be on TV and around the country alot this summer so lots of slots to promote the upcoming releases
f) They've gone back to their previous logo (and adapted their older image, ish), the one they're most known for, their 'signature' logo

Bad:
a) Sticking 'Forever Is Over' and 'Ego' on there looks like they haven't enough money to get more producers to make a proper album, therefore trying to get the sucess of the previous 'Wordshaker' singles (Ego in perticular) to sell the album/EP more
b] One single before release. If 'Missing You' fails then the album is most likely to follow suit
c) They'd be releasing it not even a year after their previous album
d) As pointed out, EP's haven't been that successful for artists such as Robyns latest project 'Body Talk' which will be released in 2 parts, odd. (However they can be successful, if your Lady Gaga)
e) Releasing this EP and adding in 'Wordshaker' tracks is just like admitting that 'Wordshaker' was a complete flop, but then if you compare it to some other albums flopping (like Sugababes recent one, and that one by Sophie Ellis-Bextor that sold 15k) it actually makes 'Wordshaker' look like it didn't do that bad.
f) If there was two singles before the albums/EPs release then for fans in perticular, we'd already have half the EP in past album and single form

+Quote this post
Steve D
post 18th June 2010, 04:31 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Is a Moderator :o
User: 7,757

It's not that Forever Is Over is a bad song, in fact i really like it, it's the fact that it was a poor choice for first single. Having both singles on it will help the EP more than it hinders. I fully expect it to be called Wordshaker: something relevant.

+Quote this post
missingyou
post 18th June 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(olm-remix @ Jun 18 2010, 05:27 PM) *
Good:
a) Girls have worked with better producers this time round, and more known ones. Taio Cruz, Alphabeat, Steve Mac (Ego) and so on.
b] There is alot of hype around the single, so hopefully it can do the same for the album/EP
c) Shouldn't cost as much as a normal album
d) I'm sure we'd want an album with 8 good tunes on it, rather than 12 ok tunes
e) They're going to be on TV and around the country alot this summer so lots of slots to promote the upcoming releases
f) They've gone back to their previous logo (and adapted their older image, ish), the one they're most known for, their 'signature' logo

Bad:
a) Sticking 'Forever Is Over' and 'Ego' on there looks like they haven't enough money to get more producers to make a proper album, therefore trying to get the sucess of the previous 'Wordshaker' singles (Ego in perticular) to sell the album/EP more
b] One single before release. If 'Missing You' fails then the album is most likely to follow suit
c) They'd be releasing it not even a year after their previous album
d) As pointed out, EP's haven't been that successful for artists such as Robyns latest project 'Body Talk' which will be released in 2 parts, odd. (However they can be successful, if your Lady Gaga)
e) Releasing this EP and adding in 'Wordshaker' tracks is just like admitting that 'Wordshaker' was a complete flop, but then if you compare it to some other albums flopping (like Sugababes recent one, and that one by Sophie Ellis-Bextor that sold 15k) it actually makes 'Wordshaker' look like it didn't do that bad.
f) If there was two singles before the albums/EPs release then for fans in perticular, we'd already have half the EP in past album and single form

some really good points there.

provided it is done right it could work, but they are playing a very dangerous game.

+Quote this post
kye
post 18th June 2010, 06:16 PM
Post #20
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169

QUOTE(MusicIsMyLife @ Jun 18 2010, 01:45 PM) *
Just because its cheaper doesnt mean people will buy it, i thought that with robin's EP/Mini album, but 36 in the midweeks, makes it look like, weather its cheap or not, its got to be good for people to buy it (:

I didn't say they would buy it, I said it would entice them to buy it.
We are still in a recession. If they can buy an album for £6 with 3 songs they know and 5 more new songs, people are much more likely to invest.
And as said earlier, they are on TV a lot this summer. They're at festivals, the lot.. They'll be getting a lot of exposure over the Summer.
I haven't seen Robyn anywhere, so to keep bringing her into it is irrelevant.

+Quote this post

44 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 06:35 PM