BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSC XXXVI Predicta, Is this the feeling of the flu that makes me feel the way I do?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
C.R.
post Jul 30 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Oh, tonight I’m going to show them what I’m made of
User: 7,576
Predict the top 10 of the final [50 points available - 5 points for each correct position, 3 points for being one position off, 1 point for being two positions off; an extra 10 points if you predict all the countries correctly, regardless of how they finish in the top ten]

Bonus Question 1 l How many points will this month's winning song score? [50 points for the exact amount, 25 points for guessing within 5 points of it, 15 points for guessing within 10 points of it, 5 points for guessing within 20 points of it, 1 point for guessing withing 50 points of it]

Bonus Question 2 l What type of act will the winner be - a female soloist, a male soloist, a mixed group, a male duo/group, a female duo/group or 'other'? [5 Points]

Bonus Question 3 l Will a country receive its début win this contest? [5 points if correct, 0 otherwise]

Bonus Question 4 l How many 12s will Unovia get? [5 Points for the correct prediction, 0 for the wrong one]

Bonus Question 5a l Predict the amount of points that the following countries will award each other's entries [10 points for every one that you get spot on, none for anything else - so a maximum of 60 points available here - Countries included in this question should ONLY answer question 5b so that your votes are not revealed, anybody else must ONLY answer either 5a or 5b, but not both];

FSR Rontvia -> Ashton
Ashton -> FSR Rontvia
Fljótavík -> People's Republic of Jester
People's Republic of Jester -> Fljótavík
Kopečka -> Farahtyn
Farahtyn -> Kopečka

Bonus Question 5b l Predict the amount of points that the following countries will award each other's entries [10 points for every one that you get spot on, none for anything else - so a maximum of 60 points available here - Countries included in this question should ONLY answer question 5a so that your votes are not revealed, anybody else must ONLY answer either 5a or 5b, but not both];

BaNG -> Batidas
Batidas -> BaNG
Yuxhaaq -> Isconia
Isconia -> Yuxhaaq
Caerfyrddia -> Budtar
Budtar -> Caerfyrddia

Bonus Question 6 l Where will the following finish? [10 points for each guessed correctly, 5 points for coming within 5 positions out for each];

Caerfyrddia:
Lorikeet:
Ojnoj:

Bonus Question 7 l Predict the bottom seven positions of the final [5 points for the exact position, 3 points for being one position off, 1 point for being two positions off; extra 8 points if you predicted all the members right, no matter if the places are mixed up or not]

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post Aug 1 2011, 02:24 PM
Post #2
Group icon
eat hot chip, be homosexual
User: 6,946
Well someone's got to start this off...
---
Predict the top 10 of the final [50 points available - 5 points for each correct position, 3 points for being one position off, 1 point for being two positions off; an extra 10 points if you predict all the countries correctly, regardless of how they finish in the top ten]

1. Fljótavík: Human Life - Wherever We Are
2. Kluminican Republic: Azuro feat. Elly - Ti Amo
3. Unovia: Oh My! - Kicking and Screaming
4. Batidas: Andain – Promises
5. Isconia: Lana Del Rey - Video Games
6. Numayania - The Young Professionals – D.I.S.C.O.
7. Espen: Frida Gold - Wovon sollen wir träumen
8. Torchwood: Alex Saidac – We Shine
9. Allecian: Bright Light Bright Light – Disco Moment
10. FSR Rontvia: Ria – Over You

Bonus Question 1 l How many points will this month's winning song score? [50 points for the exact amount, 25 points for guessing within 5 points of it, 15 points for guessing within 10 points of it, 5 points for guessing within 20 points of it, 1 point for guessing withing 50 points of it] 143

Bonus Question 2 l What type of act will the winner be - a female soloist, a male soloist, a mixed group, a male duo/group, a female duo/group or 'other'? [5 Points] Mixed group (I think Human Life are?)

Bonus Question 3 l Will a country receive its début win this contest? [5 points if correct, 0 otherwise] Yes

Bonus Question 4 l How many 12s will Unovia get? [5 Points for the correct prediction, 0 for the wrong one] 3

Bonus Question 5a l Predict the amount of points that the following countries will award each other's entries [10 points for every one that you get spot on, none for anything else - so a maximum of 60 points available here - Countries included in this question should ONLY answer question 5b so that your votes are not revealed, anybody else must ONLY answer either 5a or 5b, but not both];

FSR Rontvia -> Ashton 10
Ashton -> FSR Rontvia 7
Fljótavík -> People's Republic of Jester 2
People's Republic of Jester -> Fljótavík 8
Kopečka -> Farahtyn 7
Farahtyn -> Kopečka 6

Bonus Question 5b l Predict the amount of points that the following countries will award each other's entries [10 points for every one that you get spot on, none for anything else - so a maximum of 60 points available here - Countries included in this question should ONLY answer question 5a so that your votes are not revealed, anybody else must ONLY answer either 5a or 5b, but not both];

BaNG -> Batidas
Batidas -> BaNG
Yuxhaaq -> Isconia
Isconia -> Yuxhaaq
Caerfyrddia -> Budtar
Budtar -> Caerfyrddia

Bonus Question 6 l Where will the following finish? [10 points for each guessed correctly, 5 points for coming within 5 positions out for each];

Caerfyrddia: 12th
Lorikeet: 19th
Ojnoj: 23rd

Bonus Question 7 l Predict the bottom seven positions of the final [5 points for the exact position, 3 points for being one position off, 1 point for being two positions off; extra 8 points if you predicted all the members right, no matter if the places are mixed up or not]

22. People's Republic of Jester (ProJ): Lora - No More Tears
23. Ojnoj: Francesca Battistelli - Emily (It's Love)
24. JRK-Off: SingerSen – Drunk
25. Kylienips: Medina - Gutter
26. FYR Vojvodina-on-the-Wold: Monarchy - We Were Young
27. Utopia: Gregory & The Hawk - Boats & Birds
28. Yuxhaaq: JoJo - Marvin's Room (Can't Do Better)

No Numayania question sob.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Aug 1 2011, 02:43 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Here goes...

1. Isconia: Lana Del Ray - Video Games
2. Unovia: Oh My! - Kicking And Screaming
3. Kluminican Republic: Azuro ft. Elly - Ti Amo
4. Espen: Frida Gold - Frida Gold - Wovon sollen wir träumen
5. Numayania: The Young Professionals – D.I.S.C.O
6. Torchwood: Alex Saidac - We Shine
7. Caerfyrddia: Cecilie Fleur - Alle De Lykkelige Kćreste
8. Fljótavík: Human Life - Wherever We Are
9. FSR Rontiva: Ria - Over You
10. Allecian: Bright Light Bright Light - Disco Moment

Bonus Question 1 l How many points will this month's winning song score? [50 points for the exact amount, 25 points for guessing within 5 points of it, 15 points for guessing within 10 points of it, 5 points for guessing within 20 points of it, 1 point for guessing withing 50 points of it] 156

Bonus Question 2 l What type of act will the winner be - a female soloist, a male soloist, a mixed group, a male duo/group, a female duo/group or 'other'? [5 Points] Female soloist

Bonus Question 3 l Will a country receive its début win this contest? [5 points if correct, 0 otherwise] Yes

Bonus Question 4 l How many 12s will Unovia get? [5 Points for the correct prediction, 0 for the wrong one] 4

FSR Rontvia -> Ashton - 8
Ashton -> FSR Rontvia - 6
Fljótavík -> People's Republic of Jester - 0
People's Republic of Jester -> Fljótavík - 6
Kopečka -> Farahtyn - 3
Farahtyn -> Kopečka - 7

BaNG -> Batidas
Batidas -> BaNG
Yuxhaaq -> Isconia
Isconia -> Yuxhaaq
Caerfyrddia -> Budtar
Budtar -> Caerfyrddia

Caerfyrddia: 7th
Lorikeet: 12th
Ojnoj: 19th

22. Kylienips: Medina - Gutter
23. Utopia: Gregory & The Hawk - Boats & Birds
24. Farathyn: Supermarkets ft. Danny Saucedo - Crash & Survive
25. Tinmark: Gabrielle - Ring Meg
26. JRK-Off: SingerSen - Drunk
27. FYR-Vodjvodnia On-The-Wold: Monarchy - We Were Young

+Quote this post
C.R.
post Aug 1 2011, 04:12 PM
Post #4
Group icon
QUOTE(Tom D.I.S.C.O.K. @ Aug 1 2011, 03:24 PM) *
No Numayania question sob.gif

Sorry! sad.gif I just didn't want to go against long-term bjsc sponsors, random.org, in their choice of questions!

+Quote this post
C.R.
post Aug 1 2011, 04:25 PM
Post #5
Group icon

1. Unovia: Oh My! - Kicking and Screaming
2. Isconia: Lana Del Rey - Video Games
3. Kluminican Republic: Azuro feat. Elly - Ti Amo
4. Fljótavík: Human Life - Wherever We Are
5. Allecian: Bright Light Bright Light – Disco Moment
6. Hendinia: Neon Hitch – Bad Dog
7. FSR Rontvia: Ria – Over You
8. Numayania - The Young Professionals – D.I.S.C.O.
9. Bignia-Zaragovina: Pia Toscano - This Time
10. Espen: Frida Gold - Wovon sollen wir träumen

Bonus Question 1 l How many points will this month's winning song score? [50 points for the exact amount, 25 points for guessing within 5 points of it, 15 points for guessing within 10 points of it, 5 points for guessing within 20 points of it, 1 point for guessing withing 50 points of it]

Bonus Question 2 l What type of act will the winner be - a female soloist, a male soloist, a mixed group, a male duo/group, a female duo/group or 'other'? [5 Points]

Female duo/group

Bonus Question 3 l Will a country receive its début win this contest? [5 points if correct, 0 otherwise]

Yes

Bonus Question 4 l How many 12s will Unovia get? [5 Points for the correct prediction, 0 for the wrong one]

FSR Rontvia -> Ashton - 6
Ashton -> FSR Rontvia - 4
Fljótavík -> People's Republic of Jester - 0
People's Republic of Jester -> Fljótavík - 10
Kopečka -> Farahtyn - 7
Farahtyn -> Kopečka - 8

BaNG -> Batidas
Batidas -> BaNG
Yuxhaaq -> Isconia
Isconia -> Yuxhaaq
Caerfyrddia -> Budtar
Budtar -> Caerfyrddia

Caerfyrddia: 13th
Lorikeet: 15th
Ojnoj: 21st

22. Budtar: Zoë Badwi - Accidents Happen
23. Kylienips: Medina - Gutter
24. People's Republic of Jester (ProJ): Lora - No More Tears
25. JRK-Off: SingerSen – Drunk
26. Yuxhaaq: JoJo - Marvin's Room (Can't Do Better)
27. FYR Vojvodina-on-the-Wold: Monarchy - We Were Young
28. Tinnmark: Gabrielle – Ring Meg

This post has been edited by C.R.: Aug 7 2011, 05:18 PM

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Aug 1 2011, 05:50 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Wish I could do this but I know too much already! Thanks for running it though C.R. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Hitstastic
post Aug 1 2011, 06:01 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Sundream
User: 10,347

1. Isconia: Lana Del Rey - Video Games
2. Unovia: Oh My! - Kicking and Screaming
3. Kluminican Republic: Azuro feat. Elly - Ti Amo
4. Batidas: Andain – Promises
5. FSR Rontvia: Ria – Over You
6. Fljótavík: Human Life - Wherever We Are
7. Allecian: Bright Light Bright Light – Disco Moment
8. Espen: Frida Gold - Wovon Sollen Wir Träumen
9. Caerfyrddia: Cecilie Fleur - Alle De Lykkelige Kćrester
10. Lorikeet: CocknBullKid – Yellow

Female soloist

Yes

Four

FSR Rontvia -> Ashton = 3
Ashton -> FSR Rontvia = 10
Fljótavík -> People's Republic of Jester = 0
People's Republic of Jester -> Fljótavík = 8
Kopečka -> Farahtyn = 5
Farahtyn -> Kopečka = 4

BaNG -> Batidas
Batidas -> BaNG
Yuxhaaq -> Isconia
Isconia -> Yuxhaaq
Caerfyrddia -> Budtar
Budtar -> Caerfyrddia

Caerfyrddia: 9
Lorikeet: 10
Ojnoj: 23

22. Farahtyn: Supermarkets feat Danny Saucedo - Crash and Survive
23. Ojnoj: Francesca Battistelli - Emily (It's Love)
24. People's Republic of Jester (ProJ): Lora - No More Tears
25. Kylienips: Medina - Gutter
26. Budtar: Zoë Badwi - Accidents Happen
27. ChrIseland: Akcent - My Passion

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Aug 1 2011, 07:48 PM
Post #8
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
I know I'm probably way off the mark as usual, but FSR Rontvia's track REALLY doesn't sound like a Top 5, or even a Top 10 REALLY.

Yes, I realise, Rich has the taste that seems to cater to everyone - but surely, he can't KEEP getting Top 10s, and this sounds like the sort of song that would come 19th~

HOWEVER. I am awful at predicting, so WELL DONE to Ria on her win biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ROBOT: Aug 1 2011, 07:48 PM

+Quote this post
Hitstastic
post Aug 1 2011, 08:00 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Sundream
QUOTE(ROBOT @ Aug 1 2011, 08:48 PM) *
I know I'm probably way off the mark as usual, but FSR Rontvia's track REALLY doesn't sound like a Top 5, or even a Top 10 REALLY.

Yes, I realise, Rich has the taste that seems to cater to everyone - but surely, he can't KEEP getting Top 10s, and this sounds like the sort of song that would come 19th~

HOWEVER. I am awful at predicting, so WELL DONE to Ria on her win biggrin.gif

I don't particularly like Oh My! 'Kicking And Screaming' but I reckon this is one of those tracks that will appeal to most of the pop FANZ. I find it incredibly underwhelming but each to their own.

As for Ria, it certainly sounds better now after a few listens than it did the first time I played it. Consider it a grower, albeit a rather small one. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Aug 1 2011, 08:13 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
There are a couple of front runners I'm not keen on but I do see they have potential to be winners. Not revealing said front runners though... tongue.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Aug 1 2011, 08:17 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Hello?
It's really not about 'keep getting the top 10s' for me, I couldn't care less about top ten streaks and bettering or beating other people, it's more about trying to switch up what I send each month to keep things interesting in the hopes that people can make a range of decent discoveries from me every so often. Hence my last six entries being Scandipop, indie, bubblegum pop, dance, electro-pop and now R&B-pop.

But my entries ALWAYS seem to attract negative comments. Chart Music had them last month, so did Sheelah and Lykke and Mira and Shackles and well just about all of them laugh.gif It's definitely a poisoned chalice being the '#1 country', there's a huge weight of expecation to send something that is somehow supposed to appeal to 48 people - that's NEVER going to happen! But I shall persist with sending my favourite song at the time and as long as I love it, then I'm happy with my choice biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Aug 1 2011, 08:19 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Hello?
QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 1 2011, 09:13 PM) *
There are a couple of front runners I'm not keen on but I do see they have potential to be winners. Not revealing said front runners though... tongue.gif

Do share Liam, everyone else always feels the need to share how they feel about my entries every month so it's only fair that other people get to hear the same! tongue.gif

I would start the ball rolling, but like I said, I rated everything here 8/10 or over so I haven't really got anything to comment on in that way!

+Quote this post
Hitstastic
post Aug 1 2011, 08:32 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Sundream
QUOTE(gooddelta @ Aug 1 2011, 09:19 PM) *
I would start the ball rolling, but like I said, I rated everything here 8/10 or over so I haven't really got anything to comment on in that way!

Really? ohmy.gif You rate all 28 songs 8/10?

For me I'd say my provisional top 10 songs are all 8/10 at least. In comparison, there were more songs I liked in BJSC XXXIV - that remains the strongest contest I've taken part in so far.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Aug 1 2011, 08:36 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Hello?
QUOTE(Hitstastic @ Aug 1 2011, 09:32 PM) *
Really? ohmy.gif You rate all 28 songs 8/10?

For me I'd say my provisional top 10 songs are all 8/10 at least. In comparison, there were more songs I liked in BJSC XXXIV - that remains the strongest contest I've taken part in so far.

Yes I did! But my ratings scale is as follows and could probably do with some tweaking/lowering of boundaries;

10/10 - flawless
9.5/10 - excellent
9/10 - really great
8.5/10 - great
8/10 - very good
7.5/10 - good
7/10 - above average
6/10 - average
5/10 or less - anything from below average to awful

So everything from this final I would call 'very good', I certainly had a certain level of enjoyment from each song and was very pleased with the finalists. Definitely more songs I liked here than in XXXIV, I don't recall charting that many from this contest (4 or 5?) whereas I've charted I think 17 or 18 of these - albeit some a few weeks ago pre-BJSC!

+Quote this post
Hitstastic
post Aug 1 2011, 08:41 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Sundream
BJSC XXXIV dominated my chart. laugh.gif I think there was one week where 15 tracks in my top 40 were BJSC XXXIV finalists - then again maybe the fact I hosted had a big impact. I was listening to the songs even before the semi final voting thread opened. All I can say is thank goodness because without BJSC I'd dread to think what my chart would've looked like over these last couple of months. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Aug 1 2011, 08:57 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Hello?
QUOTE(Hitstastic @ Aug 1 2011, 09:41 PM) *
BJSC XXXIV dominated my chart. laugh.gif I think there was one week where 15 tracks in my top 40 were BJSC XXXIV finalists - then again maybe the fact I hosted had a big impact. I was listening to the songs even before the semi final voting thread opened. All I can say is thank goodness because without BJSC I'd dread to think what my chart would've looked like over these last couple of months. laugh.gif

You definitely get to know the songs more from hosting, from searching for the MP3's right down to checking all of the songs constantly to make sure that the links are still working (although I still can't keep up with how quickly Pia Toscano's song gets removed!) laugh.gif That said, this is by a mile the highest quality contest that I've hosted, I usually get lumbered with the alsorans that nobody remembers! I'd dread to think what my chart would look like if I actually had any rules - it certainly wouldn't be at all representative of anything. Maybe not even 50% of it sometimes is UK releases!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Aug 1 2011, 09:00 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
OK I don't get the love for:
Wherever We Are (it's not bad, but I'm not fond of it in honesty)
Promises (I just find it a real step down from incredible entries like Riverside and Something In The Water sad.gif)
Ti Amo (I do like it but I think Eledan, Danaelanda and PRoJ have had better dance entries)
Disco Moment (just don't get how it's any better than Monarchy, who do the whole male electronic pop thing far better)

Just my opinion, all 4 of these (Promises aside, I just don't see it winning and can't see the appeal at sad.gif) could steal the win easily.

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post Aug 1 2011, 09:01 PM
Post #18
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 1 2011, 10:00 PM) *
OK I don't get the love for:
Wherever We Are (it's not bad, but I'm not fond of it in honesty)
Promises (I just find it a real step down from incredible entries like Riverside and Something In The Water sad.gif)
Ti Amo (I do like it but I think Eledan, Danaelanda and PRoJ have had better dance entries)
Disco Moment (just don't get how it's any better than Monarchy, who do the whole male electronic pop thing far better)

Just my opinion, all 4 of these (Promises aside, I just don't see it winning and can't see the appeal at sad.gif) could steal the win easily.

You 'hoe pirate.gif wink.gif

I agree about 'Disco Moment' and 'Wherever We Are' though, but I really like 'Promises'!

+Quote this post
Hitstastic
post Aug 1 2011, 09:03 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Sundream
QUOTE(gooddelta @ Aug 1 2011, 09:57 PM) *
You definitely get to know the songs more from hosting, from searching for the MP3's right down to checking all of the songs constantly to make sure that the links are still working (although I still can't keep up with how quickly Pia Toscano's song gets removed!) laugh.gif That said, this is by a mile the highest quality contest that I've hosted, I usually get lumbered with the alsorans that nobody remembers! I'd dread to think what my chart would look like if I actually had any rules - it certainly wouldn't be at all representative of anything. Maybe not even 50% of it sometimes is UK releases!

You must listen to more music than me in the course of a week. Usually in the mornings I put it on one of the music channels but there's only so much 'She Makes Me Wanna' I can take (like the first 6 seconds whilst I reach for the remote control to change the channel biggrin.gif ). In my spare time I listen whatever music has been uploaded to my computer. So perhaps quite oddly, my chart actually does reflect which songs I'm loving the most each week.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Aug 1 2011, 09:07 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Hello?
Four of my favourites! heehee.gif Promises on first listen admittedly I found nothingy but it didn't take long for me to see its charm and often have the chorus stuck in my head now. I actually far prefer it to both of Hits' previous entries (Black Video was good but never great for me, Something In The Water I was long over). Wherever We Are has that bendy synth sound that I can never get bored of, Ti Amo is one of my favourite recent dance songs and my instant highlight of Clubland 19 when I got that - the singer sort of reminds me of Kelly Rowland in parts, I could really imagine her singing it well! Disco Moment is to me a Robyn-esque song (instant love) with male vocals. The sad electro genre gets me every time.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:24 PM