BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> One Direction - FOUR, 4th album
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Calum
post Feb 22 2014, 04:20 PM
Post #1
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

Various sources as well as Zayn and Harry have confirmed that they are writing songs for album #4 right now! biggrin.gif

Can't wait to hear what they come up with this time, and hopefully we have news of a single around June / July time (or probably just after the tour finishes?)

Zayn also revealed some exciting music news, telling us that the 1D boys have been writing material for their fourth album over the past week.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Feb 22 2014, 04:44 PM
Post #2
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530
Simon Cowell has also confirmed it: "they've got a new album out this year"

cheer.gif can't wait, interested to see which direction they take it in.

+Quote this post
Calum
post Mar 9 2014, 04:44 PM
Post #3
Group icon
nabad
Louis Tomlinson revealed the band are teaming up with a US rock group.

‘Great working with the Good Charlotte boys today !!’ the 22-year-old revealed on Twitter on Saturday.

The news has delighted fans and may herald an even rockier sound to One Direction’s next album after they introduced some grittier beats to their third, Midnight Memories, released last year.

Hopefully they're not going *too* rocky...

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Mar 10 2014, 02:56 PM
Post #4
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217
80s style rock (of the cheesier variety) would fit them like a glove. <3

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Mar 10 2014, 03:04 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
Were Good Charlotte ever considered rock? What I remember of them they bordered on Avril Lavigne laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Cal Christopher
post Mar 18 2014, 09:07 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 17,273
OMG I'd LOVE 1D to go Punk-Rock OMG wub.gif The reason I love MM so much is because of it's grungier sound.

+Quote this post
Calum
post Mar 21 2014, 05:12 PM
Post #7
Group icon
nabad
Do we think all five of them may have been briefed / told to go out and search for people they'd like to assist in writing the next album? It seems all five of them have found somebody to work with:

Zayn - Emeli Sandé & Naughty Boy (although I do hope this is for an entirely different project altogether and it has Zayn/Emeli vocals plastered all over it <3)
Harry - Kodaline
Liam - Good Charlotte
Louis - Good Charlotte
Niall - McFly

?

+Quote this post
Calum
post Apr 9 2014, 10:10 PM
Post #8
Group icon
nabad
The latest about Zayn's collaboration with Emeli and Naughty Boy:

One Direction's Zayn Malik is reportedly experimenting with rap on a new song for One Direction's next album, under guidance from close friend Naughty Boy.

Fresh reports suggest the 'Story Of My Life' singer has been "gaining confidence" with his rapping skills and has been trying them out in the studio for the follow-up to 1D's 2013 album 'Midnight Memories'

"Zayn's loved getting creative and is fast gaining confidence to try out new things musically," a source told The Sun this week. "He even plucked up the courage to try to give rapping a shot.

"Everyone has been impressed with he results," they added. 'The results sound similar to Drake."

The source went on to say that Zayn has been co-writing a song with Naughty Boy for the band's new album, which may well feature singer Emeli Sande.

"The rest of the boys will be joining Zayn soon to record one of the songs he co-wrote with Naughty Boy," the source added. "Emeli's proved the track's big, catchy chorus."

One Direction are currently in rehearsals for their new 'Where We Are' stadium tour, which kicks off later this month.

!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote this post
Calum
post Apr 13 2014, 03:38 PM
Post #9
Group icon
nabad
A 'what we know so far' type article about the album:

From Up All Night and Take Me Home to Midnight Memories, One Direction’s sound has continued to develop further through each of their albums, and it can only carry on in the same ‘direction’.

We’ve gone from some pretty cheesy pop, to some more cheesy pop, to a surprising but awesome new pop-rock style.

Keeping up with their trend of releasing an album every year, they’ll bring out their fourth record later in 2014, and it’s set to be their best yet.

What do we know about it so far though?

In their previous albums, we’ve seen tracks penned by stars such as Ed Sheeran, Kelly Clarkson and McFly’s Tom Fletcher, Danny Jones and Dougie Poynter. In their more recent releases, the One Direction boys themselves have started to write tracks, something they’re going to be doing even more of for album number four.

Although the previous album has only been out for a few months, the boys have already been working with many exciting writers for their new record.

Niall has reunited with McFly’s Tom, Danny and Dougie to write some music, following the success of their Midnight Memories tune Don’t Forget Where You Belong.

On March 18, he tweeted: ‘Last night I wrote a song with @Dannymcfly @dougiemcfly and @tommcfly’

Then, one day later, he wrote: ‘Just wrote another cool song with danny,dougie and tom!What a laugh that was!’

So, that’s not one, but TWO songs written by Niall and McFly! Exciting! So, that’s the return of McFly confirmed for the album, but are there any new writers?

Well, the boys have revealed they’ve been working with some other names. Irish rock band Kodaline recently teased that they’d written an ‘unrequited love song’ with Harry, while Zayn has been working with producer Naughty Boy and his long-term collaborator Emeli Sande.

So, that’s Niall, Harry and Zayn all working with different people – What have Liam and Louis been up to?

Well, they both headed off to LA to write songs, teaming up with long-time American rockers Good Charlotte. Good Charlotte member Benji tweeted about the work, revealing that 1D’s ‘new album is crazy’.

So, that’s a bit of an idea of who is writing, but WHAT are they writing?

As we said earlier, One Direction’s musical style has developed from pop to a sort of rock-based sound, specifically in most recent album Midnight Memories. Tunes like Little Black Dress and Alive surprised us all – If we didn’t know it was One Direction singing, we’d probably have never guessed!

We can expect this new style for the boys to continue, especially as they’re working with rock artists such as Kodaline and Good Charlotte. But could we be getting a more urban sound alongside it?

Producer Naughty Boy could introduce a new twist to the band’s music, and there’s also a rumour that Zayn is going to try his hand at rapping! A source told The Sun: ‘Zayn’s loved getting creative and is fast gaining confidence to try out new things musically. He even plucked up the courage to try to give rapping a shot. Everyone has been impressed with the results. The results sound similar to Drake.’

Sounds interesting, right?

No matter what new musical direction the boys wander off into, there’s still likely to be some classic 1D style tunes on the album. Even on Midnight Memories, in between the adventurous new rock tracks, there were still songs like Best Song Ever, Don’t Forget Where You Belong and Does He Know?, which could have easily slotted in on Take Me Home.

So, that’s pretty much all we know so far!

It leaves us to wonder what the album will be called though…

Following the trend of Up All Night, Take Me Home and Midnight Memories, the fourth album could quite easily be called That’s Not My Baby or something like that.

We’re sure that whatever One Direction ends up putting out, it will sound great and be adored by Directioners.

We can’t wait!

+Quote this post
Calum
post Apr 28 2014, 05:23 PM
Post #10
Group icon
nabad
Denise Welch has said that her son Matt (from The 1975) is writing a song for the boys' fourth album! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Apr 28 2014, 07:56 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
Love The 1975! Looking forward to this album.

+Quote this post
Calum
post May 23 2014, 12:51 PM
Post #12
Group icon
nabad
So apparently the collaboration between Naughty Boy / Emeli / Zayn is produced by Naughty Boy, written by Emeli and is a song for One Direction which features Zayn rapping on it *.* Would have been literally the best song ever to hear Emeli and Zayn together, but at least they've worked together now wub.gif

+Quote this post
Rose Mary
post Aug 4 2014, 01:29 PM
Post #13
Group icon
New Entry
User: 21,119
huh.gif

+Quote this post
Maz!
post Sep 8 2014, 12:15 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 20,217
The 4th album is called Four

This post has been edited by themauster: Sep 8 2014, 12:18 PM

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Sep 8 2014, 12:24 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Please tell me that isn't the cover!

Can't get the site to work to download the free track! pirate.gif

+Quote this post
Maz!
post Sep 8 2014, 12:29 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
QUOTE(AdamAloud @ Sep 8 2014, 02:24 PM) *
Please tell me that isn't the cover!

Can't get the site to work to download the free track! pirate.gif

I wish i could post a link cause there are some links on twitter.

+Quote this post
Maz!
post Sep 8 2014, 12:31 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
QUOTE(themauster @ Sep 8 2014, 02:29 PM) *
I wish i could post a link cause there are some links on twitter.

http://stylessince94.tumblr.com/post/96966...ction-fireproof

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Sep 8 2014, 12:36 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Got the site to work but thanks anyway Maurice!

'Fireproof' is pretty good! This album is going to be brilliant. wub.gif

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Sep 8 2014, 12:38 PM
Post #19
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
There is no way that is an official cover, that is literally made on Paint.

EDIT: Okay... so, it's their Twitter picture. Maybe it is their official cover. If it is... I have no words, that is just... awful.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Sep 8 2014, 12:40 PM
Post #20
Group icon
If that cover is an attempt at them trying to be more cool and mature then they have FAILED MISERABLY.

Fourth play of 'Fireproof' already though.

+Quote this post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:27 PM