BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

51 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'G.U.Y.' • 1st 'electronic' Buzz Single, Released 28th March 2014
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Oricon
post 22nd January 2014, 01:36 AM
Post #1
Group icon
bye dinner
User: 12,972

According to "igapromotion", Lady Gaga's third single is......

GYPSY!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/igapromotion/lady-gaga-gypsy
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 22nd January 2014, 01:51 AM
Post #2
Group icon
User: 13,007

Think it's basically been confirmed now?

Not going to get my hopes up on the chart performance front (given how poorly her best song in years was treated) but wonderful choice.

Hope we get a good video x

+Quote this post
Oricon
post 22nd January 2014, 01:55 AM
Post #3
Group icon
bye dinner

It's basically confirmed now, so if she would properly PROMOTE it this time and give it a splendid video and time it correctly then it'd be perfect!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 22nd January 2014, 01:57 AM
Post #4
Group icon

Not gonna happen. We said this last time.

I'll just enjoy hearing it on the radio and that'll be enough.

+Quote this post
Oricon
post 22nd January 2014, 01:58 AM
Post #5
Group icon
bye dinner

If she times this for the Brits and then release the video as soon as possible then I'll forgive her for the catastrophic mess that is "Do What U Want" (strategy of single that is).

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 22nd January 2014, 02:00 AM
Post #6
Group icon

*performs Venus*

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 22nd January 2014, 02:21 AM
Post #7
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Jan 22 2014, 01:51 AM) *

Corrected heehee.gif

Fabulous choice if true, it's probably the best chance she has of getting a hit. DWUW feels bigger than it has been. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 22nd January 2014, 03:19 AM
Post #8
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Jan 22 2014, 01:51 AM) *
Think it's basically been confirmed now?

Not going to get my hopes up on the chart performance front (given how poorly her best song in years was treated) but wonderful choice.

I hope we actually get a video for this. I hope it's not one of those tour video things though, due to it's lyrics and message etc.. But what a fantastic choice of single <3

QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Jan 22 2014, 02:00 AM) *
*performs Venus*
LOL!

+Quote this post
jakee
post 22nd January 2014, 03:45 AM
Post #9
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47

i don't imagine it doing much other than pleasing the hearts of the queens and crazy monster people

i want her to start being a proper popstar again and less of this insular, self-serving nonsense that has come to define her of late. i don't hold my breath tho.

+Quote this post
jark
post 22nd January 2014, 09:23 AM
Post #10
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

Great song, but the tide if public opinion has truly turned now and I think the majority actively mock or dislike her atm. It will probably not go top 20 anywhere important.

+Quote this post
April
post 22nd January 2014, 10:05 AM
Post #11
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905

It would be amazing if she performed 'Gypsy' at the Brits (and wins a Brit award).

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 22nd January 2014, 10:50 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Best possible choice but it will be painful when it flops sad.gif

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 22nd January 2014, 12:14 PM
Post #13
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

It's the single everyone wanted, and if Gaga can pull herself together and campaign this properly with an epic music video and some stunning live performances this could be this era's 'Edge of Glory' and somewhat stabilise album sales. DWUW was never going to sell the album to begin with, music video or no music video.

+Quote this post
jakee
post 22nd January 2014, 12:33 PM
Post #14
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47

my kathy wub.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 22nd January 2014, 12:48 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

It was either this or 'Sexxx Dreams' as they're the only viable choices left, as much as I prefer 'Sexxx Dreams' if I'm being objective this is probably the better choice and best chance of a hit right now.

I do sort of agree with Jark though, she's not generally thought well of at the moment and I don't imagine her getting top 10 with anything now.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 22nd January 2014, 01:10 PM
Post #16
Group icon
baddest of them all

Being generally well thought of didn't stop Miley Cyrus from smashing though.

If they can time the airplay for this well to co-inside with a great music video and a price reduction, top 10 should be easy peasy. It's not as if the album has sold bucket loads, so many casual listeners won't have heard of 'Gypsy' before, and it is exactly that type of happy clappy song casual listeners will be on board with despite having a dislike to the artist ~ ala 'Judas'/'Edge of Glory' scenario.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 22nd January 2014, 02:53 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Jan 22 2014, 02:00 AM) *
*performs Venus*

laugh.gif

QUOTE(يعقو @ Jan 22 2014, 03:45 AM) *
i don't imagine it doing much other than pleasing the hearts of the queens and crazy monster people

i want her to start being a proper popstar again and less of this insular, self-serving nonsense that has come to define her of late. i don't hold my breath tho.

I've said before how when I'd ask people what music they liked, Beyonce, Katy Perry, Rihanna, yes, and ... Lady GaGa? 'Uh ... NO!' or 'Uh, no, too crazy, costumes, etc'.

This whole insular, performance artist thing hasn't worked at all. Even my mam who used to be a fan was saying when it was her v. Katy, 'she needs to learn from Katy how to do it. She's lost it.'

QUOTE(Silver Rocket @ Jan 22 2014, 12:48 PM) *
It was either this or 'Sexxx Dreams' as they're the only viable choices left, as much as I prefer 'Sexxx Dreams' if I'm being objective this is probably the better choice and best chance of a hit right now.

I do sort of agree with Jark though, she's not generally thought well of at the moment and I don't imagine her getting top 10 with anything now.

Basically this. This is how I'd have planned the whole campaign (hindsight an all):

1. Gypsy
2. Do What Ya Want
3. I'd honestly have gone left-field here, ARTPOP
4. Sexx Dreams

QUOTE(ღKΛTH @ Jan 22 2014, 12:14 PM) *
It's the single everyone wanted, and if Gaga can pull herself together and campaign this properly with an epic music video and some stunning live performances this could be this era's 'Edge of Glory' and somewhat stabilise album sales. DWUW was never going to sell the album to begin with, music video or no music video.

Kath, as with all things GaGa, is right tongue.gif

I just have the feeling GaGa is pressured and doesn't know how to be a popstar any more and doesn't know what's wanted of her - does she cater to the fans who want bizarre things like Venus, does she produce commercial dance (but that didn't sell, Applause) or does she try the Katy Perry formula. Seems a bit directionless.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 22nd January 2014, 03:40 PM
Post #18
Group icon
baddest of them all

QUOTE(Michael! @ Jan 22 2014, 04:53 PM) *
laugh.gif
I've said before how when I'd ask people what music they liked, Beyonce, Katy Perry, Rihanna, yes, and ... Lady GaGa? 'Uh ... NO!' or 'Uh, no, too crazy, costumes, etc'.

This whole insular, performance artist thing hasn't worked at all. Even my mam who used to be a fan was saying when it was her v. Katy, 'she needs to learn from Katy how to do it. She's lost it.'
Basically this. This is how I'd have planned the whole campaign (hindsight an all):

1. Gypsy
2. Do What Ya Want
3. I'd honestly have gone left-field here, ARTPOP
4. Sexx Dreams
Kath, as with all things GaGa, is right tongue.gif

I just have the feeling GaGa is pressured and doesn't know how to be a popstar any more and doesn't know what's wanted of her - does she cater to the fans who want bizarre things like Venus, does she produce commercial dance (but that didn't sell, Applause) or does she try the Katy Perry formula. Seems a bit directionless.

Gaga has been a bizarre artist to begin with, that's part of her appeal. She is fine, ARTPOP just hasn't met the insanely high standards everyone was expecting and frankly it was never going to. The same was said about her with Born This Way and that also never lived up to insanely high standards.

There are internal issues between her management and herself as we have established. A blip which can easily be fixed, as it has been done in the past. She is still the same Gaga, the same off-centre pop star. All pop stars endure blips even the likes of Katy Perry, see 'Unconditionally'. Gaga's blips just receive a lot more media coverage than the likes of Perry, which is indeed frustrating, but Gaga has always overcame such issues and carried on. heart.gif

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 22nd January 2014, 06:06 PM
Post #19
Group icon
baddest of them all

#356 in Dominica cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Danny
post 22nd January 2014, 06:54 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 457

QUOTE(Jark @ Jan 22 2014, 09:23 AM) *
Great song, but the tide if public opinion has truly turned now and I think the majority actively mock or dislike her atm. It will probably not go top 20 anywhere important.

Pretty much. I have a feeling that even if she was to release 'Bad Romance' for the first time now that it would struggle to be anything more than a middling hit - having her name attached to a song is obviously a liability at this point.

I can see this scraping to about #16 at very best in the UK, although even that is probably much better than any other track on the album would be capable of.

+Quote this post

51 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 04:52 PM