BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Grimsby, Sacha Baron Cohen. Coming 200016
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Styles Bilinski
post Jan 22 2016, 09:58 PM
Post #1
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Looks ok as a silly flick. Didn't realise until seeing this trailer yesterday that Rebel Wilson and Gabourey Sidibe both star which raises my interest even more.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Jan 22 2016, 10:25 PM
Post #2
Together we are more.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,042

It looks atrocious. But then again, I can't think of a single thing I've liked Sasha Baron in, bar 'Les Mis...' but that's not really his film (where he's the central character), so doesn't count.

Big fat MISS for me!

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Jan 22 2016, 10:51 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

I hated Ali G, loved Borat and liked Bruno, but this looks bloody awful. I couldn't even sit through the entire trailer.

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Feb 27 2016, 04:03 PM
Post #4
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

Loved this, a lot better than the trailer suggests. Very gross and naughty but I like that humour. I'm always surprised when actors agree to some of these things (what did Mark Strong let himself in for laugh.gif). That elephant scene.............

Satisfying ending and some nice messages about family at the heart of it all and at less than 90 minutes it doesn't outstay it's welcome. Anything that mocks Donald Trump is a winner too tongue.gif

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Feb 28 2016, 03:23 PM
Post #5
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

Seeing this in a couple of hours and so excited! (as bad as Bruno/Dictator were, my utter love for Borat still makes me excited for all his comedies heart.gif)

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Feb 28 2016, 10:55 PM
Post #6
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

Absolutely adored this so much, possibly my favourite movie this year! Gosh this was so hilarious the entire movie and I literally didn't stop laughing at one point! So many funny moments from the Elephant scene, to the hotel scene, to the poison scene and the football scene, all so funny! Also it had a lot of heart which I wasn't expecting and was a really nice movie! The cast were all terrific, Sacha and Mark were both great, had no clue Isla was in this and adored her as usual and Penelope was a lot better in this than her other comedy released this month. I also loved Rebel Wilson in this but I wish she was in the movie a bit more heart.gif Everything about this was fantastic and this is so so much better than Bruno/The Dictator, I highly recommend this!

10/10

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Feb 29 2016, 10:00 PM
Post #7
c:
Member No.: 20,692

Yep, this was really funny, I've not seen any Sacha Baron Cohen movies outside of Les Mis but I've liked some of the sketches I've seen him do so I was excited for a feature length film to see. The trailer didn't really excite me massively because it didn't seem THAT funny but I think raunchy side of it made it so funny and a lot of that was cut from the trailers. I was wondering what could be so bad about an 'elephant scene' as Jahq said but I was really unprepared for that laugh.gif My favourite scene that lady talking about what she was going to do with the poo and the Nobby's reaction was just like wtf ? laugh.gif Was also nice seeing Gabourey Sidibe and Rebel Wilson in this, shame both of them didn't have more screentime to really shine.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Mar 5 2016, 10:44 PM
Post #8
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Saw it tonight, very funny. That elephant scene-MY EYES.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 02:50 AM