Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Disturbed - The Sound of Silence
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Rob Goblin
post Apr 27 2016, 10:15 PM
Post #1
Will You Be There?
Group: Members
Member No.: 3,804
   No Gallery Pics

So as a lot of people know, this wonderful version of the Simon & Garfunkel classic has been brought to attention by featuring in the Gears of War 4 game trailer. It's by heavy metal group Disturbed who've been around for over two decades and is from their latest album Immortalized. Currently climbing the iTunes chart and should be secured a top 40 hit this coming Friday!

What do you guys makes of it?

As mentioned I think it's a wonderful version of the song, so beautifully sung and extremely haunting. I'd even go so far that it just edges past the original in terms of preference too wub.gif

This post has been edited by Rob S: Apr 27 2016, 10:20 PM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Izzy Dead People
post Apr 27 2016, 11:21 PM
Post #2
it's a long way forward, so trust in me
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 12,929

Can't get enough of it. His voice is just so beautifully perfect. I didn't know the original that well and while I don't like to normally make these statements about covers, it's passed it for me at the moment, the building drama in this is very glorious.

Disturbed are a pretty decent band otherwise but they hadn't caught my attention until now. I did think that it wasn't going to make the top 40 at all after last week but seeing it rebound and start to get some Spotify streaming fills me with hope that there is room for rock/metal to do well again.
+Quote Post
post Apr 27 2016, 11:38 PM
Post #3
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,872
   No Gallery Pics

It's ok. Never particularly liked Disturbed and Draiman almost manages to achieve a dignified subtlety. Almost.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th October 2016 - 06:58 AM