BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Designated Survivor, ABC - US / Netflix - UK
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post Oct 17 2016, 06:49 PM
Post #1
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Has anyone been watching this? It's on Netflix UK the day after airing in the USA.

It follows the "Designated Survivor" the person who is set aside during the state of the union address in order to continue the US government in case the worst case scenario happens.

I'm completely f***ing hooked. Like utterly hooked. It's gripping and brilliant.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Oct 17 2016, 06:52 PM
Post #2
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I've been watching this as its shown on Netflix. Absolutely gripping stuff. I'm liking the "what if" premise of how a government in a developed nation copes when a power vacuum unexpectedly emerges. I must say it's those aspects of the show that I've enjoyed a lot more than the mystery "whodunnit" subplot that's running alongside it.

+Quote Post
Silas
post Oct 17 2016, 07:14 PM
Post #3
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I think there's potential in Maggie Q's subplot to bare out well over the space of the season but at the moment it's just fluff around the outside. I particularly am enjoying the conflict with Michigan and within the more war hungry elements of the US Armed Forces

I usually hate Keifer Sutherland but I am loving him in this. I think they've really nailed the casting.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Oct 18 2016, 12:21 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 3,245
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah, I really really like this.
I never usually watch shows in their first season because they can always be cancelled, but I was intrigued with this based on the premise.
It does have a lot of potential. I'd be very interested to see where this all leads.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th December 2016 - 07:16 PM