June 14, 201313 yr Why would you think it more likely for me to not know what a music snob is than be referring to someone else? Because: 1. Many people throw around the term "music snob" the same way many people throw around the word "epic". Very loosely. 2. IIRC, me and Michael were the only ones criticising Kanye West in whatever thread it was. Sorry if I've got my wires crossed but if I haven't then my point still stands. And for the record, I agree with your original comment. It's ridiculous to claim that only your favourite bands/artists are "real"/"true" ones. It comes across as painfully pretentious.
June 15, 201313 yr Still think BL will do around 180-185k max this week without the Norton boost from last weekend. Didnt realise fri & sat were such big sales days?? The singles sales havent really increased over the past few months its just BL & GLucky are massive popular hits released at the right times and sales have increased with promo/airplay thats all>>>record companies take note (especially that of Icona Pop/John Newman & Chase N Status!!!!!)
June 15, 201313 yr I'm expecting sales of 180k as well. That said, you never know. Blurred Lines could somehow yet again rise in the sales :lol:
June 15, 201313 yr Author 136k is just amazing for a single at this time of the year, it be interesting if Robin Thicke will reach a million before Daft Punk, its practically on course to sell over half a million this week already, I would say around 186k+ for the week, given he was selling practically 23k a day for Weds and Thurs. One question you have to ask yourselves is how long is he going to stay at #1 for, if he keeps on selling over 150k for another week or so, surely John Newman or Icona Pop (that's if the track is still going ahead on the actual release date) will sell huge amounts in its opening week. But seeing sales with 6 figures at this time of the year is just amazing.
June 15, 201313 yr Robin's album is out in a few weeks so it'll be interesting to see if he increases his sales that week.
June 15, 201313 yr 136k is just amazing for a single at this time of the year, it be interesting if Robin Thicke will reach a million before Daft Punk, its practically on course to sell over half a million this week already, I would say around 186k+ for the week, given he was selling practically 23k a day for Weds and Thurs. One question you have to ask yourselves is how long is he going to stay at #1 for, if he keeps on selling over 150k for another week or so, surely John Newman or Icona Pop (that's if the track is still going ahead on the actual release date) will sell huge amounts in its opening week. But seeing sales with 6 figures at this time of the year is just amazing. Summer has been quite a good time for singles sales over the last few years - last year we had the Cheryl, Maroon 5 and Gary Barlow singles with huge sales. It tends to be Feb-May and September/October that seem to be the weakest period for huge sales at #1 these days.
June 15, 201313 yr If it's me you lot are referring to for my post about Kanye West in whatever thread it was, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come across as snobbish, just express my intense dislike of that man. And I did say it was only my opinion, I wasn't intending to insult people who like him as you're perfectly allowed to like whoever you choose and I have nothing against anybody for their music tastes. Maybe I did put it a bit too heatedly, if only for the fact that he's up against a band I love and I feel in terms of character (if the actual music is to be ignored), they're much more deserving of getting a number 1 album than he is - whatever you think about him, you must admit that his ego really doesn't need inflating any more and as far as I'm concerned, nobody has the right to believe they're better than anyone else. That's all I was saying, so, I apologise if I insulted anybody. :)
Create an account or sign in to comment