September 3, 201511 yr Tammy was awful :( I love Melissa McCarthy too. The Babadook was amazing and one of my fave films of 2014, it should be higher! I have seen some harsh criticisms for it from some and I don't understand why.
September 3, 201511 yr http://i59.tinypic.com/6iwnl2.jpg 78. MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN I quite like this but there was potential for this to be so so much better. Too many characters were focused on, I'd say get rid of Adam Sandler's family as they were pointless. Focus the movie on Ansel Elgort and his girlfriend as they were by far the most interesting characters and keep in like the friends side stories as they were also good but it just felt a little bit disjointed unfortunately. Also the narration was useless and awful and all of those space or blah blah shots weren't needed. 76. 12 YEARS A SLAVE This is a movie that would probably be about 30/40 places higher if I saw it again. However there were major sound problems when I saw this at the cinema so it was very hard to hear a lot of the dialogue in the movie. However the story was interesting and all the actors were excellent, especially Lupita Nyong'o who easily deserved her Oscar win for one of the best performances of 2014 by miles :wub:Ooh someone else who has seen 'Men, Women & Children'. I agree with you tbh, but for a far better film that does a similar thing (different stories/characters, all tied in and connected etc..) I can't recommend 'Disconnect' enough. Great film, that fell completely under the radar a couple of years ago. '12 Years A Slave' is so low though. You really should catch it again and it's a shame you lost out to sound issues! :( http://i57.tinypic.com/f54rbo.jpg 74. NIGHTCRAWLER Outside the excellent performances- especially from Jake and Rene- I just found myself getting a bit bored during the movie and it didn't help that i'd only just managed to sneak in the movie which diverted my attention a bit. 73. THE EQUALIZER I think I like was on/off sleep for about half an hour but I found this disappointing. Denzel was great and the story was quite interesting but there was just something lacking. Also I wish Chloe was in it way more as she is always one of the best parts of any film she is in.Interesting that you ranked 'Nightcrawler' so low, but you know what, I'm really inclined to agree. Performances aside, I didn't think it was anything particularly special? I mean, it was a very good film, just nowhere near as much as the critics lauded it to be! 'The Equalizer' was a huge disappointment for me. It's "alright", but I expected/wanted so much more and it didn't really get "good" until the last 30 mins or so. Incredibly slow and drawn out, for a long film! http://i61.tinypic.com/1oakr7.jpg 69. X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST As I said earlier, because of how many superhero movies are made, I find some forgettable and a bit underwhelming and unfortunately this was one of them for me. It probably doesn't help that I've not seen many of the previous X-Men movies but I just got a little bit bored at times. Again the visual effects and the acting was great again! 67. THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL I liked this but I find this a bit overrated. I love the script and Fiennes and Ronan stole the show easily. It was interesting but I just don't really see in it what most other people see in it. 66. PADDINGTON Another movie I find overrated now, I was really looking forward to this but I just found it a little disappointing. It was a solid family movie and that was it really, I loved Sally Hawkins though *.* It doesn't help that my screening was chaotic though as it was in the biggest screen sold out, someone was filming the movie on their phone, loads of people we're talking and my little cousin kept throwing popcorn at me during the movie!Oh my! 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past' was inside my top 5 of last year! Gutted to see it so low. It was the 3rd best superhero movie that year, but they were mostly great last year anyway. Looking forward to watching the 'Rogue Cut' at some point soon. My second favourite (not seen it again since the cinemas though) X-en movie, behind 'First Class'. Agreed with you COMPLETELY in that 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' was possibly the most overrated film I saw last year. I thought it was a bit boring and the humour was a bit too dry for me. Ehhhh... 'Paddington' on the other hand, I only saw back in Feb/March this year and not knowing what to expect, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Such a feel good, fun, family film. It was cheesy, but the right side of cheesy for me! Very pleasant surprise! http://i61.tinypic.com/11815wn.jpg 60. DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Another blockbuster to go, I liked this but it was a bit boring at times and the 1st one was way better. It didn't help that I was desperate for the toilet most of the movie so I finally decide to go as it seemed like a boring part and it turns out I missed the most important part of the movie which was just typical!'Dawn Of the Planet Of the Apes' was exceptional! Really loved it and the CGI on the Apes this time around were outstanding. Bit saddening to see this so low, but I think it's worse, seeing what's above it! Like all this Melissa McCarthy tripe! Ew. Never will find that woman funny and especially seeing a particular film in the next section beat it... ermmm... http://i62.tinypic.com/2h2jhfo.jpg 53. TRANSCENDENCE So underrated, loved all the cast- especially Hall and to a bit lesser extent Depp- and found this enjoyable and exciting even if I didn't know what was going on half the time to be honest! 51. INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS Great performances again especially with Oscar Issac's lead performance and I loved the music and the story. Another great movie from The Coen Brothers!'Transcendence' was completely and utterly shockingly bad. Never have I ever been so disappointed in a big film, with a big cast ensemble before (I actually felt a very similar way to 'Lucy', too!). That's 2 hours of my life I will never get back! 'Inside Llewyn Davis' is a beaut though. A lot of the Coen fans don't seem to like it much, and although I get their points about the movie overall being quite slow and nothing really happening, I just found that that was it's main appeal to me as well as Oscar, Carey & of course Justin!. Such an understated and beautifully crafted film. --- Loving this countdown so far UV!
October 2, 201511 yr Author Thanks so so much for all the comments, I really appreciate them :heart: :heart: (and this is now the 3rd time I've replied to them as my computer loves to lose connection as soon I press post on this!!) DoFP is amazing Celine :( easily one of the best X-Men movies. All down to Shawn Ashmore obv. Have you seen the Rogue cut? I actually really liked Labour Day, not much of a plot, but it's beautifuly acted. Non-Stop is legit amaze, Julianne Moore was fab in it. I've not seen Rogue Cut but I want to and I agree the acting in Labor Day and Non-Stop we're great :heart: Not Paddington!!! In my top two or three movies of last year, it was brilliant, funny, heart-warming and touching. So cute. Can't believe it's beaten by Tammy and A New York Winter's Tale (quite easily my least favourite movie of those I saw last year, so ludicrous). Non-Stop :heart: I've seen so much hate for winter's tale, I think I'm like 1 of 10 people who enjoyed that movie! :lol: Love X-Men DOFP :wub: One of my movies of the last year :wub: Thanks for commenting Harry and glad to see you enjoyed DOFP :heart: You've knocked both my top 2 movies of last year out now with The Grand Budapest Hotel! :P Loved that film, the visuals, script and characters were perfect, not quite Wes Anderson's best but up there. Paddington was very sweet too, certainly got the characterisations just right! Oops, let's hope I don't knock out anymore of your favourites soon!! Tammy was awful :( I love Melissa McCarthy too. The Babadook was amazing and one of my fave films of 2014, it should be higher! I have seen some harsh criticisms for it from some and I don't understand why. I loved Tammy but I think my love for Melissa may have overshadowed a proper judgement on it for me! I just found the babadook pretty boring unfortunately, I also think I went in with too high expectations :( Ooh someone else who has seen 'Men, Women & Children'. I agree with you tbh, but for a far better film that does a similar thing (different stories/characters, all tied in and connected etc..) I can't recommend 'Disconnect' enough. Great film, that fell completely under the radar a couple of years ago. '12 Years A Slave' is so low though. You really should catch it again and it's a shame you lost out to sound issues! :( Interesting that you ranked 'Nightcrawler' so low, but you know what, I'm really inclined to agree. Performances aside, I didn't think it was anything particularly special? I mean, it was a very good film, just nowhere near as much as the critics lauded it to be! 'The Equalizer' was a huge disappointment for me. It's "alright", but I expected/wanted so much more and it didn't really get "good" until the last 30 mins or so. Incredibly slow and drawn out, for a long film! Oh my! 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past' was inside my top 5 of last year! Gutted to see it so low. It was the 3rd best superhero movie that year, but they were mostly great last year anyway. Looking forward to watching the 'Rogue Cut' at some point soon. My second favourite (not seen it again since the cinemas though) X-en movie, behind 'First Class' Agreed with you COMPLETELY in that 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' was possibly the most overrated film I saw last year. I thought it was a bit boring and the humour was a bit too dry for me. Ehhhh... 'Paddington' on the other hand, I only saw back in Feb/March this year and not knowing what to expect, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Such a feel good, fun, family film. It was cheesy, but the right side of cheesy for me! Very pleasant surprise! 'Dawn Of the Planet Of the Apes' was exceptional! Really loved it and the CGI on the Apes this time around were outstanding. Bit saddening to see this so low, but I think it's worse, seeing what's above it! Like all this Melissa McCarthy tripe! Ew. Never will find that woman funny and especially seeing a particular film in the next section beat it... ermmm... 'Transcendence' was completely and utterly shockingly bad. Never have I ever been so disappointed in a big film, with a big cast ensemble before (I actually felt a very similar way to 'Lucy', too!). That's 2 hours of my life I will never get back! 'Inside Llewyn Davis' is a beaut though. A lot of the Coen fans don't seem to like it much, and although I get their points about the movie overall being quite slow and nothing really happening, I just found that that was it's main appeal to me as well as Oscar, Carey & of course Justin!. Such an understated and beautifully crafted film. --- Loving this countdown so far UV! What an amazing comment Jonjo, appreciate this so much :heart: Will definitely check out Disconnect as it sounds really good and hoping to re-watch 12YAS soon! I like nightcrawler but certainly agree with you that it is so overrated by critics! I actually found the start of The Equalizer way better than the end- literally don't remember anything about the last 45 minutes of it and I am hoping to see the Rogue Cut soon, it's probably my favourite X-Men movie! DOTPOTA I liked but I felt liked it lacked something that made ROTPOTA amazing :( I get why people hate Transcedence but there was something I loved about it (and warning, Lucy is still to come on this countdown :P ). 100% agree with you about Inside Llewyn Davis- 'beautifully crafted film' sums it up perfectly and glad to see you loving the countdown :heart: Will do #41-#50 now and that's it for tonight!
October 2, 201511 yr Author http://i58.tinypic.com/2im86io.jpg NOT A CLUE WHERE TO RANK: LEFT BEHIND I still can't decide if this is one of the worst movies I have ever seen or because it was so bad I absolutely love it and it was when one of my favourites of 2014. The last 15 minutes were a bit boring as it got a bit serious but omg the randomness of the rest of the film was fantastic! The random obsessions, the weird obsessions, the ones who were crazily obsessed in what they believe we're all hilarious and the script was so awful. The acting was so wooden, especially by Nicholas Cage again who has seemed to have lost the ability to act over the last few years. The film just goes utterly bonkers though when all of a sudden while at a mall, every single child of the world and some devoted Christians just randomly disappear with some of the worst special effects and the actor's reactions were laughably bad! It then turns out they all went to heaven or some other randomness along with some awful plane scenes which were so bad they were good. When Jordin Sparks randomly went into that mad scream shouting rage on board the plane for no reason was so amazing for all the wrong reasons and gosh all the characters were so dumb and all their decisions were laughably awful. And it's just more craziness and stupidness as it continues until it tries to be serious which just madly fails AGAIN. And then it turns out it is the start of the end of the world out of nowhere :lol: Such an awful movie but kind of enjoyably bad, check this out if you are bored and want to see something awful :P And oh gosh that photoshopped poster *.* Again so awful it’s good! And Jordin Sparks version of I Wish We’d All Been Ready (which is quite good and a million times better than anything on that awful new album of hers, shame that she used to be one of my favourite singers at one point ) wasn’t even used! Instead some old version of the song was used in the credits!
October 2, 201511 yr Author http://i60.tinypic.com/2zi3sk9.jpg 50. LET'S BE COPS I was expecting this to be really bad but it was surprisingly so funny and easily one of the biggest positive surprises of the year for me! The acting was great and the script and cast was so funny and the plot was also really fun and good. A great film and I hope there is a sequel! 49. THE IMITATION GAME A very interesting drama with fantastic performances from Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightly as usual and the last act was definitely the strongest in my view. Such an interesting story and I'm glad this did well during Award Season. 48. CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Oops time to knock out another movie that Buzzjack loved, Captain America: The Winter Soldier was good but I think if I got round to re-watching it, it would be about 20 places higher! I was just so bored of superhero movies around that point, I couldn't be bothered with it that much but Chris was great as usual and the plot was interesting. 47. LAST VEGAS Even though I don't remember too much about some parts and there are some scenes which make the film get a bit boring or the scenes with that bloody LMFAO person (I think I have the right movie!), I love this movie and it has made me laugh so much the 2/3 times I've seen it and the friendship between the main characters was really nice. Also what an amazing cast and especially Morgan Freeman shone as usual! 46. MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT One of the reasons I loved this movie so much was because this was my first (and still only) experience seeing a movie in an arthouse theatre and I loved it so much. It was such a nice experience (apart from the fact the film got delayed by an hour) and the cinema was really comfortable. The film had a good script, a great direction and plot and the cast was fantastic, especially Colin Firth and Emma Stone turning in fantastic performances. I also loved the ending of the movie and this is probably my 2nd favourite Woody Allen movie I've seen behind the fabulous Blue Jasmine.
October 2, 201511 yr Author http://i61.tinypic.com/e637dy.jpg 45. NEIGHBORS I loved this film and tbh I'm surprised I didn't rank it higher than #45 in this countdown. All the performances are great but Rose Byrne shines above everyone else in a comedy again with a fantastic performance and Seth Rogen was funny as usual. I loved the rest of the cast as well (Zac Efron *.*) and the script was incredibly funny even if it started to get a tiny bit boring towards the end :( 44. KHUMBA: A ZEBRA'S TALE I loved this animated movie so much and I am glad I managed to catch it on Sky Movies after missing it in the cinema. It is such a nice animation with great visuals and a fantastic voice cast and the characters are really interesting and the film made me really symphazise with the lead zebra! The ending and the plot was great and I wish this was more widely seen by people. 43. A MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST I literally love everything Seth McFarlane has done. This was another win for me with an absolutely fantastic ensemble (easily one of my favourites this year) who all gave fantastically funny performances based off a great script. I especially loved Seth and Charlize's characters and again I wish this did better at the box office. 42. HER What a beautiful movie! Joaquin Phoenix gives a great performance in the lead role and it is such a nice movie. The support cast is great and I loved some of the scenes at the beginning that were so funny. But this is the first of two films in this countdown where Scarlett Johansson steals the show for me completely. Despite only having a voice role, she voices Samantha so well and brings so much life to the character to make her the heart of the story. I wish she got an Oscar nomination for this! 41. AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY I adore pretty much any film Meryl Streep stars in- she always gives such a fantastic performance and even though some may say she was over the top in this movie, I loved her performance and she made me laugh so much in this! Julia Roberts and the rest of the fantastic ensemble did a great job and I really liked the story even if it felt like it came to a close a bit too quickly. The dinner table scene was fantastic and was so interesting, it was also great to see how the family reacted with each other and I would love to see this on stage as I imagine it being even better. Also the end credit song was really nice :heart:
October 2, 201511 yr "Her" is one I really wish I'd seen. :( Yess for the very positive comment for "A Million Ways To Die In The West". I just love Seth's humour, it clicks so well with mine. :wub:
October 2, 201511 yr Decide to spend the last of my Google Play voucher on Her so hopefully I'll watch that over the weekend, the trailer looked really unique and I've seen nothing but good reviews so I'm excited for that. Sad to see The Winter Soldier this low, both Evans and Johansson are probably my two favourite MCU actors so to have them as the two main characters was a real treat. Redford played a convincing villain too who managed to be threatening without having no powers at all. Definitely one of my top MCU films.
October 2, 201511 yr I adore Her and Osage County. The latter is hugely underrated. Julia Roberts is magnificent in it.
October 4, 201511 yr Author http://i58.tinypic.com/4fz4zr.jpg 40. LEGENDS OF OZ: DOROTHY'S RETURN I am a sucker for crappy but enjoyable animated movies and this is certainly one of them! The animation was quite good but I really loved the songs and characters and found the movie really interesting despite pretty much universal hatred of it from most people! This was another great animated movie released in 2014. 39. THE SKELETON TWINS I went into seeing this with very low expectations so I was surprised to see how much I enjoyed it! The acting was absolutely fabulous, Bill Hader and especially Kristen Wilg were stunning in their roles and made their characters really interesting. The script was fantastic and how the characters lives fell apart was fascinating! A great drama with some fantastic bits of comedy (e.g. the starship singing) and I highly recommend to catch this if you haven't already! 38. NATIVITY 3: DUDE WHERE'S MY DONKEY Despite this being my least favourite of the Nativity franchise, I still adore this (2,1,3 is my ranking for them). These movies are always so much fun and always put a smile on my face around Christmas time and once again this had an excellent cast and was really funny and of course so Christmassy which I love :heart: Hoping there will be a 4th film as I love this frnachise! 37. LUCY In my last post for Her, I said there were two films Scarlett Johansson stole the show in last year. The first was obviously Her and the 2nd one for me is Lucy. Her performance is stunning and makes you interested in what is happening to Lucy and all her killings are great! The support is also good- Morgan Freeman is great as usual- and the idea is interesting but it started to lose it's way towards the end and felt like it ended really suddenly which was disappointing :( 36. SEX TAPE I was excited to see this as I love Cameron Diaz and Jason Segal but all my excitement kind of went away after absolutely horrid reviews and this bombing at the box office. However I caught it on TV this year and loved it! It's not as good as Bad Teacher which I utterly adore but this is another fantastic comedy with a compelling idea, a great cast with many fantastic jokes and all in all a hilarious comedy that deserved to do much better with reviews and box office :(
October 5, 201511 yr Author http://i61.tinypic.com/x6g48o.jpg 35. THE BOXTROLLS This was another fantastic animation with loveable characters and a great, enthralling story. I loved the Boxtrolls and this was another fantastic movie from Laika Animation Movies even if it is my least favourite movie they have done (I absolutely adore Coraline and Paranorman was also fantastic!). This was such a cute movie and I'm glad it did well on the whole. 34. THE BOOK THIEF This is one of the movies I really thought deserved more Oscar attention last year and all the acting performances deserved to be nominated/ had more hype for them. This was another beautiful, interesting and sad movie which I think I cried during towards the end. Another fantastic drama movie. 33. OCULUS Easily one of the best horrors of 2014 for me! Karen Gillian was fantastic in the lead role and the rest of the cast was good and it was actually scary unlike most of the horror movies released that year. It did drag a little at times but on the whole it kept you intrigued and it was definitely at the strongest in it's last 5 minutes with that fantastic twist which I never saw coming at all *.* 32. WHAT WE DID ON OUR HOLIDAYS This was one of those nice little movies that you don't remember too well but it was really nice watching it. The cast was great and I loved the script and the Britishness of the movie and it was just a really nice film once again! 31. AS ABOVE SO BELOW Another horror movie in this section and this movie kept me thrilled the whole time with loads of fantastic twist and turns and the movie was really suspenseful which I loved! The cast once again was great and even though most of the characters I liked died, it was a great adventure seeing them trying to escape the cave. And if I remember correctly, this is the 2nd highest horror movie on this list!
October 6, 201511 yr "What We Did on Our Holiday" was so good and had so much charm to it. :wub: I didn't go in with much expectation but it ended up in my top 10 of last year / nudging the top 5. Rosamund Pike could seemingly do no wrong. "Are we there yet?" "No darling, this is Watford" That line still sticks out to me and is one of my favourites from last year. :heehee:
November 16, 201510 yr Author Thanks for all the comments :heart: Will finally be getting back onto this today :) "Her" is one I really wish I'd seen. :( Yess for the very positive comment for "A Million Ways To Die In The West". I just love Seth's humour, it clicks so well with mine. :wub: You should really try and catch Her soon if you haven't already, excellent and fabulous movie! I also love Seth's humour :wub: Decide to spend the last of my Google Play voucher on Her so hopefully I'll watch that over the weekend, the trailer looked really unique and I've seen nothing but good reviews so I'm excited for that. Sad to see The Winter Soldier this low, both Evans and Johansson are probably my two favourite MCU actors so to have them as the two main characters was a real treat. Redford played a convincing villain too who managed to be threatening without having no powers at all. Definitely one of my top MCU films. Have you watched Her yet? Such a fantastic movie so hope you enjoy it :heart: I liked TWS but practically nearly all 2014 superhero movies rolled into one for me! I adore Her and Osage County. The latter is hugely underrated. Julia Roberts is magnificent in it. Definitely agree with Osage being underrated, such a fabulous movie :wub: "What We Did on Our Holiday" was so good and had so much charm to it. :wub: I didn't go in with much expectation but it ended up in my top 10 of last year / nudging the top 5. Rosamund Pike could seemingly do no wrong. "Are we there yet?" "No darling, this is Watford" That line still sticks out to me and is one of my favourites from last year. :heehee: Fantastic to see you loved What We Did On Our Holiday, such a fantsatic movie and your comment here is so correct :wub:
November 16, 201510 yr Author http://i64.tinypic.com/2whjeyu.png 30. 22 JUMP STREET This was such a fun comedy and somehow even better than the first movie. Channing Tatum was amazing again and Jonah Hill was good and most of the supporting cast were fantastic! The jokes were so good and I really liked the story, even if it felt quite clichéd at times. Also Ice Cube was so funny in this movie unlike his performance in Ride Along and I am highly anticipating 23 Jump Street! 29. HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 Here is the first of three animated movies in a row and was one of the biggest positive surprises of 2014! I absolutely hated the first movie (which was the first film I ever saw in IMAX) and found it incredibly overrated so I was shocked I loved the sequel- especially when most people prefer the first one to this one! The story is so cute and I relly like how we learn more about the fascinating characters in this sequel. And how cute is Toothless *.* This story had so much heart and the addition of Cate Blanchett did wonders to this movie! 28. THE NUT JOB The first 15 minutes of this was crapety crap but the rest of the movie was crappy animated movie but the kind of one I adore so that is why it is so high up. The use of Gangnam Style is shockingly bad but you fall in love with all the characters, especially the lead, and I am so excited for the sequel next year :heart: The voice cast is good on the whole and I liked the twists as well as the plot and how the characters build relationships with each other! 27. THE HOUSE OF MAGIC Gosh this animation movie was utterly adorable with the most beautiful characters and plot and I heavily encourage you to check it out if you haven't seen it. The animation is stunningly beautiful and the lead cat is one of my favourite animated characters in such a long time. The animation is also beautiful. A fantastic movie that I really wish was a massive box office hit like it deserved to be :heart: 26. TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Wow this was so much fun *.* I was expecting it to be awful when I went into watching it but it ended up as such a fun movie and I thought the cast was very good, including Megan Fox. There were some bad jokes that fell flat on their face but the action was enjoyable and looked incredible and I liked the bond between all the turtles and thier founder! A great fun surprise and another movie I'm looking forward to seeing the sequel to!
November 16, 201510 yr Nope, Her is still in my list but I'm trying to work my way through 2015 movies from earlier in the year - watched Spy yesterday! Love 22 Jump Street, Jillian Bell was hilarious, every word out of her mouth had me in stitches, shame she hasn't been in much since. Obviously the two main characters do a very likeable and funny job too, I really like Tatum in loads of things. The rest I've not seen although I have to watch the Dragon movies, I loved the books but the movies just passed me by when they were in the cinema.
November 16, 201510 yr 29. HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 I absolutely hated the first movie (which was the first film I ever saw in IMAX) and found it incredibly overrated so I was shocked I loved the sequel- especially when most people prefer the first one to this one! Your comment here is so wrong. :P (the animated equivalents of Divergent / Insurgent seemingly) But you're right regarding Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles :heart:
November 16, 201510 yr Author Nope, Her is still in my list but I'm trying to work my way through 2015 movies from earlier in the year - watched Spy yesterday! Love 22 Jump Street, Jillian Bell was hilarious, every word out of her mouth had me in stitches, shame she hasn't been in much since. Obviously the two main characters do a very likeable and funny job too, I really like Tatum in loads of things. The rest I've not seen although I have to watch the Dragon movies, I loved the books but the movies just passed me by when they were in the cinema. Thanks Josh :heart: Would try and fit time in for Her at some point, such a nice little beautiful movie! I'm also trying to work my way through 2015 movies- saw Ex_Machina today! Did you like Spy? I adored that movie :heart: Agree about 22 Jump Street being amazing! Your comment here is so wrong. :P (the animated equivalents of Divergent / Insurgent seemingly) But you're right regarding Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles :heart: Thanks Jahq :heart: I never thought of that comparison actually, that is a really good comparison! :wub: Yay for more TMNT love :heart:
November 16, 201510 yr Author http://i66.tinypic.com/ibzxgx.png 25. WALKING ON SUNSHINE I was expecting this movie to be absolutely awful and even though it was cringy at times, it was such a fun and joyful movie that is impossible to not love *.* The music is so fun and I love the use of songs such as 'Walking On Sunshine', 'How Do I Know' 'If I Could Turn Back Time' and many more. The plot was really nice and I really liked all the characters- though Leona's role was quite useless but it was nice to see her in a film! Wish this was a bigger hit because it really is a fun movie! 24. ENDLESS LOVE Wow what a beautiful movie :heart: Perfect from start to end apart from the ending being disappointing (I don't remember the ending but I remember it being disappointing!). Alex Pettyfer is a bit wooden in the lead role but Gabriella Wilde is fantastic as Jade and the rest of the cast are really good :heart: Once again the story is really sweet and keeps you guessing in what direction it is heading! Again I wish this was more widely seen because it is one of the most beautiful movies of 2014 and such a lovely romance. 23. ANNABELLE This was probably my favourite horror of 2014- despite hating The Conjuring and finding it so overrated. The plot for this movie was really interesting and the scares worked out so well. The cast did very well with their roles and the script was really good at showing the development in character. Some of the scenes in the home were so scary and the climax was really nice and worked fantastically. All in all an amazing horror movie that succeeded in what a horror movie should do, make me scared! 22. THE GIVER This was such a fantastic young adult movie which was so interesting and utterly fantastic performances from all from Brendon Thwaits in the lead role to Meryl Streep as the kind of villain. I loved how the film alternated between black and white and colour and I loved many of the scenes such as Jonas with The Giver and Jonas and the girl breaking the rules and going down that sledge kind of things! I loved the build up to the climax and once again the development in characters. My only two little complaints are that it ended pretty quickly and that Taylor Swift's role was so small and unrecognisable, I forgot she was in it until I saw the credits :o Still have a few young adult movies to come in the top 20! 21. THE MUPPETS MOST WANTED Gosh everything The Muppets do is perfect *.* From the old classics such as A Christmas Carol to the magnificent 2011 version with Jason Segal & Amy Adams, The Muppets are always perfect! This was another fantastic entry from them and their humour and characters were perfect as usual! Tina Fey was hilarious and the plot was fascinating. The music numbers were also great but it is a shame there were no music numbers on the level of the amazing Me Party! I loved this film but I preferred the 2011 version as the plot and acting was better. Still nevertheless another amazing movie from The Muppets. Finally made it to the top 20 and does anyone want to take a wild top 20 prediction guess?!
November 17, 201510 yr Not seen any of them but to answer your question, I loved Spy! Zoomed straight into my top 10 YTD, glad you loved it too - was so weird to see Miranda in it as well. Ex-machina is on my watchlist too. How was it? I love Vikander in everything so far. Edited November 17, 201510 yr by Josh.
Create an account or sign in to comment