February 20, 20179 yr Jessica Mauboy with This Ain't Love. Silas was not best pleased to say the least. :kink: I thought it might have been Jess! Former winner...for somebody else! (Forget Your Name was about 20 times better than Inescapable though but whatever...)
February 20, 20179 yr Really? Out of all the artists from of our great back catalogue, Elena??? Must have a pop hoe representing us then :lol: Will have to give the song a listen before I fully judge though~
February 20, 20179 yr Listening now, it's ok- a little repetitive but I like his voice still. Not very "me" because as much as I loved "Nostalgia" that's not my 'usual' sound (if I have one). I doubt I would've considered sending it myself but decent song, could be a grower.
February 20, 20179 yr Yeah, whoever got UVLand is ridiculous. So much pop gold and incredible country and you send... that?
February 20, 20179 yr Yeah, whoever got UVLand is ridiculous. So much pop gold and incredible country and you send... that?justice 4 Dancing Makes Us Brave
February 20, 20179 yr Wow, so many people still prepared to go so cheap, pretty disappointing really. I mean, wasn't Twenty One Pilots vetoed? and going for an artist that just won LAST CONTEST for a country that's been going for a couple of years now? There does still seem to be a lot of inspired choices just on first glance but it is disappointing to see certain names appearing, and a few recent artists. As the song representing me, I was kind of hoping for something else as it's not the route I would have taken but I suspected I may be taken reluctantly into the dancebloc.Sheesh 21P got through? Only just saw this. I was completely on board with "Holding On To You" getting vetoed (as much as I adore that song) and "Doubt" isn't far off the level of prominence being on Blurryface. I hate it when this happens because now I have this dilemma of "do I vote for this song I really enjoy or stop myself from voting for it because it's so cheap?". Idgi, why would you want to get away with something you know lots of people know anyway?
February 20, 20179 yr I get Doubt is a lesser known track but considering Holding Onto You was vetoed why would you try to send them again :lol:
February 20, 20179 yr Believe In Us <3 That was a top ten on my (defunct) personal chart whichever year it came out. :wub: :wub: i'm glad someone else is aware of it, i SO nearly sent it over give love a try!
February 20, 20179 yr also i am stanning how savage the anonymity part of this contest is making all of us
February 20, 20179 yr :wub: :wub: i'm glad someone else is aware of it, i SO nearly sent it over give love a try! I think you picked the right one...but I think Believe In Us could have been a top five at least.
February 20, 20179 yr the real crime here tbh is that whoever sent Glasperlenspiel didn't choose the far better 'Geiles Leben' to represent them
February 20, 20179 yr Amusing amount of outrage here :lol: Pogo is an interesting choice for a Klum entry which narrows down the poster behind that entry quite a lot - Mellow Brick Road is by far my fave Pogo song but hoping a few more listens to Alohomora will help it grow! Before reading any of these comments I did eyeroll at the Cadelician entry - especially the cheek of going for the same artist again after a veto!
February 20, 20179 yr Author I actually forgot Doubt was on Blurryface that's how little I recalled it while Holding On To You is probably one of their most well-known tracks for being a big early single. I think if we were getting rid of album tracks we'd also have to get rid of basically all the former winners here and some of them aren't unfortunately that inspired.... but remember guys, you can adjust your votes according to inspiration as well as quality if you so desire. The middle ground I normally go for is good discoveries ahead of good tracks I already knew but you can do whatever you like.
February 20, 20179 yr Oooo, wasn't expecting Marlon Roudette to be entered from my entries for some reason but I do rather like it, thanks anonymous Ajanaeda impersonator :lol: I feel kinda bad for what I sent now knowing they're not so keen on my choice :( I was hoping I'd find something else good from my favourite entry by them but they only have like one song so had to dig a little deeper :( Edited February 20, 20179 yr by Josh.
February 20, 20179 yr despite my outrage i think this is the MOST i have ever enjoyed a voting thread going up in BJSC period. thanks iz :D
February 20, 20179 yr Sheesh 21P got through? Only just saw this. I was completely on board with "Holding On To You" getting vetoed (as much as I adore that song) and "Doubt" isn't far off the level of prominence being on Blurryface. I hate it when this happens because now I have this dilemma of "do I vote for this song I really enjoy or stop myself from voting for it because it's so cheap?". Idgi, why would you want to get away with something you know lots of people know anyway? I agree. I spent quite a bit of time deciding on an entry that was really suitable for this spin-off, it won't be the best in the contest but I've explained my reasons behind it in the other thread. However, I could have easily spent just two minutes on deciding and entering something as there was a song that I've been loving recently but the artist is quite well known even if their star has faded a lot.
February 20, 20179 yr ALSO WHILST THIS IS ALL ANONYMOUS lemme state my reasons for sending what i did. it's quite different to both my own sound and my countrys sound but something just clicked when i heard it and it reminded me of an artist i think we might mutually like! now time for me to stop detective working and get back to my actual work :(
Create an account or sign in to comment