December 22, 20187 yr Yay for Sub Focus & Dimension and The Vaccines being added! Far too many rubbish non-hits on the playlist this week though.
December 22, 20187 yr I love Anne Marie and there’s many a bop on her album by my god, Perfect/Perfect To Me is such an insipid pile of garbage A deserved flop
December 22, 20187 yr I forgot to say happy days at Shy FX being added to the playlist - anyone know how many years that adds their playlist additions to? I know 'Shake Your Body' was playlisted in 2002 but was his 90s minor hits? Dont know about his 90s minor hits, but from the 00s: "Shake Ur Body" was A-listed in 2002: A-List 'N Sync feat. Nelly - 'Girlfriend' 1 Giant Leap feat. Maxi Jazz & Robbie Williams - 'My Culture' Badly Drawn Boy - 'Silent Sigh' Blue - 'Fly By II' Matt Darey feat. Marcella Woods - 'Beautiful' Missy Elliott - '4 My People (Basement Jaxx Mix)' Ja Rule feat. Ashanti - 'Always On Time' Beverley Knight - 'Shoulda Woulda Coulda' Ladies First - 'I Can't Wait' Lasgo - 'Something' Jennifer Lopez feat. Ja Rule - 'Ain't It Funny' Marilyn Manson - 'Tainted Love' George Michael - 'Freeek!' No Doubt feat. Bounty Killer - 'Hey Baby' Oasis - 'The Hindu Times' Shy FX & T Power feat. Di - 'Shake Ur Body' So Solid Crew - 'Ride Wid Us' Stereophonics - 'Vegas Two Times' Sugababes - 'Freak Like Me' Travis - 'Flowers In The Window' Usher - 'U-Turn' X-Press 2 feat. David Byrne - 'Lazy' "Don't Wanna Know" was B-listed in 2002: B-List Aqualung - 'Good Times Gonna Come' Atomic Kitten - 'The Last Goodbye' Daniel Bedingfield - 'If You're Not The One' BK - 'Revolution' Vanessa Carlton - 'Ordinary Day' Death In Vegas feat. Liam Gallagher - ' Scorpio Rising' David Gray - 'The Other Side' Alicia Keys - 'Girlfriend' Lasgo - 'Pray' Liberty X - 'Holding On For You' Love Inc - 'You're A Superstar' Dannii Minogue - 'Put The Needle On It' Röyksopp - 'Poor Leno' Santana feat. Michelle Branch - 'The Game Of Love' Erick Sermon - 'React' Shy FX & T Power feat. Di & Skibadee - 'Don't Wanna Know' Snoop Dogg - 'From Da Chuuuch To Da Palace' The Music - 'Getaway' TLC - 'Girl Talk' Holly Valance - 'Naughty Girl' "Feelin' U" was B-listed in 2003: B-List AFI - 'Girls Not Grey' Ashanti - 'Rock Wit U (Awww Baby)' Bhangra Knights vs Husan - 'Husan' Busted - 'You Said No' DJ Sammy - 'Sunlight' Eminem - 'Business' Girls Aloud - 'No Good Advice' IIO - 'At The End' Linkin Park - 'Faint' Jennifer Lopez - 'I'm Glad' Love Inc - 'Broken Bones' Marilyn Manson - 'mOBSCENE' Dannii Minogue - 'Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling' Sean Paul - 'Get Busy' Radiohead - 'There There' Shy FX & T Power feat. Kele Le Roc - 'Feelin' U' Sonique - 'Can't Make Up My Mind' T.A.T.U - 'Not Gonna Get Us' The Thrills - 'Big Sur' Turin Brakes - 'Average Man' Wayne Wonder - 'No Letting Go'
December 22, 20187 yr Thanks, yeh I remember Shake Your Body well like it was yesterday. He also had a song C listed more recently this year I think? Was like a reggae song that I liked?!
December 23, 20187 yr Mango will have that I would say! Thanks for the info Eurphoric. Why'd you stop collecting the data?
December 23, 20187 yr I guess lack of interest, not only with Radio 1 but also what was going on with the charts / current music. Edited December 23, 20187 yr by Euphorique
December 23, 20187 yr Thanks, yeh I remember Shake Your Body well like it was yesterday. He also had a song C listed more recently this year I think? Was like a reggae song that I liked?! "Who Knows"? They played that literally 5 times a day for about a year, honestly must have heard it at least 50 times
December 23, 20187 yr Was that not Protege? Yeah but they playlisted the Shy FX remix. 2016 was also the year of another drum 'n' bass banger, Remind Me by High Contrast, which they loved but got to about #130. The charts were horrific that year, still maintain it was the worst year for music in my lifetime but it wasn't completely bereft of classics. Edited December 23, 20187 yr by 34yopoppicker
December 23, 20187 yr Ah yes that's right it was a Shy Fx remix of that track, still counts as a playlist placing for me though lol.
December 23, 20187 yr Not sure, haven't kept track of the playlist tbh since the early 10s What years have you kept archives of the playlists? Do you have them online or are willing to share them privately? I’d massively appreciate that as I’m working on a project which is helping me rediscover old music!
December 23, 20187 yr I would love to see more playlists from the 1990s before I listened to radio 1, I know how they were in the noughties.
Create an account or sign in to comment