January 2, 20206 yr Strange if there wasn't some fresh new music especially on the first week of the year/decade, would be the ideal time for a revamp. Maybe there's a nighttime takeover next week?
January 2, 20206 yr I’ve got a feeling that there won’t be a playlist tomorrow, I think they normally have the playlist meeting on a Tuesday which would have been NYE and I’m not convinced that many of the playlist committee would have been working that day.
January 3, 20206 yr It looks like we haven’t got a playlist update today then, or the website hasn’t updated yet!
January 3, 20206 yr Author No update has been forthcoming so I guess we can assume that the playlist is frozen from last week and that the TBC is Bieber which I'm sure they'll update on the website in due course. No idea why they've done that though!
January 3, 20206 yr Their Twitter confirmed it. I guess they did it cos they knew there was gonna be no playlist this week so they did a playlist to cover both weeks?
January 3, 20206 yr First time Ive ever seen them freeze the playlist on the first week of the year. They used to on the week before xmas. Interesting!
January 4, 20206 yr it's a pity R1 doesn't have the guts to say look sorry this is shit, we're not gonna playlist it
January 4, 20206 yr it's a pity R1 doesn't have the guts to say look sorry this is shit, we're not gonna playlist it The problem is is that they will have had a playlist meeting and several people will have agreed to playlist it after hearing it :lol:
January 4, 20206 yr Author The playlist has updated on the website! Yeah, they've changed the date on the playlist to Friday 3rd Jan but the playlist is exactly the same as last week's except for the TBC being changed to Justin. Hopefully things will be back to normal next week, with 12 songs on the C-list rather than the current 10.
January 4, 20206 yr Didn't realise realise there's also only 10 songs on the C List as well, what have they been playing like? Is it still on holiday mode at the station? When's the Sound Of countdown?
January 4, 20206 yr Everything’s back to normal now, with all usual presenters on and playing the playlist songs. I think the sound of countdown is next week!
Create an account or sign in to comment