July 28, 20215 yr A brilliant result for the relay guys! Such a class above the rest on the day. What happened to the Americans in the last two legs though?
July 30, 20215 yr Another Gold for the Aussies in the pool. I've really enjoyed having the Olympics in a similar time zone to Australia.
July 30, 20215 yr Yes, the Australians do seem to be doing quite well don't they! A silver for Scott and a bronze for Greenbank in the pool today - some interesting comments made by Ryan Murphy relating to doping in that race though...
July 31, 20215 yr Stayed up to watch the mixed 4x100m medley relay - GB winning gold comfortably and with a world record *.* (we're really slaying at the mixed relays tonight x) The US finishing only 5th, apparently may have been affected by one of their women's goggles slipping off her face when she started her leg oops.
July 31, 20215 yr Stayed up to watch the mixed 4x100m medley relay - GB winning gold comfortably and with a world record *.* (we're really slaying at the mixed relays tonight x) The US finishing only 5th, apparently may have been affected by one of their women's goggles slipping off her face when she started her leg oops. Really enjoyed the mixed relay. GB had a fantastic team, well done to them! Agree think the goggles slipping off cost the US a medal placement, but saying that it would've pushed Australia out of Bronze. So I'll take that bit of luck. (good or bad, depending on who you wanted to get a medal).
July 31, 20215 yr Yes, the Australians do seem to be doing quite well don't they! A silver for Scott and a bronze for Greenbank in the pool today - some interesting comments made by Ryan Murphy relating to doping in that race though... It may be ignorance or lack of knowledge but I'm pleasantly surprised with how well GB have done in the pool. I didn't know they had such good swimmers.
July 31, 20215 yr GB doing this well in swimming is definitely a recent development - looking through Wikipedia, it appears we've won more swimming golds at this Olympics alone than we did in all of the other 21st century Olympics combined (2 in 2008, 1 in 2016, 4 so far this year and none in the others). We didn't win any medals at all in swimming as recently as 2000! Makes up a little for our pretty shoddy showing in rowing oops Australia are really doing amazingly in the swimming this year, keeping pace with the Americans in the gold medal tally (USA having 8 to Australia's 7 right now, compared to the final tallies in 2016 being 16 for the US and just 3 for Australia). I'd love to see you guys somehow ending up ahead of the US in the swimming medal table, even if it makes it tougher for GB to catch up in the overall table :kink:
July 31, 20215 yr It is great to see GB improve in the pool. Has it been a focus of improvement or something? I didn't realise those stats before, it's seriously impressive. It'd be great if we could. I think we could pick up another Gold or 2 in the pool tomorrow if things go our way but I think the US could too.
July 31, 20215 yr I would imagine Adam Peaty being such a dominant force in the pool (and transcending the swimming world to come extent) has encouraged the rest of the team, not sure if that alone is the reason or whether there is more to it though! A fantastic result in the mixed relay, Team GB got the tactics just right in that race.
August 1, 20215 yr Sensational final day in the pool for Australia. Incredibly proud of all of the swimmers.
August 3, 20215 yr Jack Laugher getting a bronze in the 3m springboard today - his 2016 diving partner Chris Mears being the 'diving expert' pundit on the show made it feel a bit more emotional. I'd sort-of thought the aquatics was over but the diving is carrying on until the seventh by the looks of it!
August 5, 20215 yr Bronze for Australia in the 10m Platform. The 2 divers from China were phenomenal.
August 5, 20215 yr Bronze for Australia in the 10m Platform. The 2 divers from China were phenomenal. And their ages combined were still younger than the bronze medallist! :o
August 7, 20215 yr And their ages combined were still younger than the bronze medallist! :o I know, that’s quite inctediable.
August 7, 20215 yr I’ve actually really enjoyed watching the artistic swimming, I’d never given it much time before.
August 7, 20215 yr Fantastic to see Tom Daley getting a bronze to add to his gold earlier today! The Top 2 were both from the Chinese contingent, meaning that Tom & Matty were the only people to stop them getting gold in every diving event.
Create an account or sign in to comment