Jump to content

Featured Replies

17 minutes ago, Steve201 said:

So R2 have a chance to play the Kaisers and Stereophonics.

That most of us forget about the moment they fall off the playlist!

Come on Radio 2, make them recurrents, you're the ones that A-listed How 2 Dance by the Kaisers, you loved it for a month!

Have some faith in your musical decisions!

Edited by HiyaLuv!

  • Replies 68
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Sempachorra
    Sempachorra

    Retro 1999 A-List Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone Another Level feat. TQ - Summertime Lou Bega - Mambo Nº5 Bran Van 3000 - Drinkin' In LA Kelle Bryan - Higher Than Heaven Melanie C - Goin' Down / Ga

  • Jessie Where
    Jessie Where

    Also they'd fragmented to a duo by that point!

  • lewistgreen
    lewistgreen

    You did not just call MUNA "Poundland HAIM" 😭

On 15/09/2026 at 00:03, Mangø said:

I wouldn't even call Coldplay a guitar band these days, they're so watered down from what they used to be!

Sombr - My Body Isn't Ready is like really early Coldplay so Coldplay should revive their old sound.

3 minutes ago, TheSnake said:

Sombr - My Body Isn't Ready is like really early Coldplay so Coldplay should revive their old sound.

It all comes back around!

Coldplay (or should I say Chris Martin) constantly threaten to split up and I think that generates a whole new wave of anticipation and appreciation every time.

I swear he's been saying their next album will be their last since my early twenties!

Edited by HiyaLuv!

What the funk is it with this new 'pretend things aren't on the playlist' thing?

I know there are more important things to worry about like the cost of living crisis and AI possibly killing us all next year but it really is strange and annoying.

It's like an itch I really need to scratch.

I end up having to manually add them to my version of the R1 playlist myself as they are obviously big songs I need to be streaming during my 'fake Radio 1' sessions.

Was the same with Dai Dai, I hear that Jonas Blue song that's surprisingly not that sh!t (I HATED his tropical house stuff about ten years ago) is another recent example.

Loser has been on BBC Radio 1 62 times in the past month, include it on an online list of heavy rotation songs only us obsessive anoraks care about FFS!

Showing my age here, but remember when the flipside of this was Crapital listing songs they didn't actually play to make themselves look more credible and less repetitive?

Edited by HiyaLuv!

4 hours ago, HiyaLuv! said:

What the funk is it with this new 'pretend things aren't on the playlist' thing?

I know there are more important things to worry about like the cost of living crisis and AI possibly killing us all next year but it really is strange and annoying.

It's like an itch I really need to scratch.

I end up having to manually add them to my version of the R1 playlist myself as they are obviously big songs I need to be streaming during my 'fake Radio 1' sessions.

Was the same with Dai Dai, I hear that Jonas Blue song that's surprisingly not that sh!t (I HATED his tropical house stuff about ten years ago) is another recent example.

Loser has been on BBC Radio 1 62 times in the past month, include it on an online list of heavy rotation songs only us obsessive anoraks care about FFS!

Showing my age here, but remember when the flipside of this was Crapital listing songs they didn't actually play to make themselves look more credible and less repetitive?

Just expand the playlist to what it was like in 2000!

On 24/09/2026 at 21:41, Steve201 said:

Just expand the playlist to what it was like in 2000!


Not a bad idea, I go through stages of listening to Radio 1 incessantly then having to give daytime a break for a month to give the playlist a chance to freshen up, it can get repetitive very quickly and a larger playlist would help loads!

Not that it wasn't repetitive then too.

Think they played much fewer recurrents though to accomodate the bigger playlist.

Edited by HiyaLuv!

Good point though R1 hasn't just been about playing what's in the charts for about 20 years now, since the end of the physical era, there are tonnes of 'Radio 1 Anthems' that never got anywhere near the Top 40 or even Top 100.

Edited by HiyaLuv!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.