September 21Sep 21 Are the results always gonna be on a Monday? I'm out playing football on a Monday night so shame I can't follow them live!Anyway no huge shocks with the eliminations, I couldn't call it between Zara and Tove but I'm glad Zara stayed in. Tove will still have her chance to shine though!Glad HRVY wasn't too close to the bottom, hopefully his next song is one of his absolute bangers Now for the dilemma of what to pick for the next round...
September 21Sep 21 4 hours ago, Lee_J11 said:I’d like to be the meat in that triple sandwich I think there's already enough meat in that sandwich
September 21Sep 21 I submitted twice, but my second confirmation is the one I am willing to go to Round 2 <3 @Calum
September 21Sep 21 1 hour ago, gooddelta said:True. Glad I entered Delta last year as I'd have been lucky to get her past the second round this time with the names here. I wonder why more of these big superstars weren't played in the first two editions of the game. Maybe people were just findiing their feet with it initially.True, I'm not sure how I would've gone with The Corrs this time around. About the same mabye.
September 22Sep 22 Marina second 😮!! Have we been told how many actsper category are to be eliminated this round? Is it one again?
September 22Sep 22 Does anyone remember what each rounds themes were last year?(Am I allowed to ask that?)
September 22Sep 22 6 minutes ago, Paddington James said:Does anyone remember what each rounds themes were last year?(Am I allowed to ask that?)There was flops, album tracks, ballads, bangers - I think that was it actually
September 22Sep 22 11 minutes ago, ElectroBoy said:There was flops, album tracks, ballads, bangers - I think that was it actuallyThanks, I thought those all appeared as themes but I couldn't remember if I was missing anything. :)
September 22Sep 22 1 minute ago, Paddington James said:Thanks, I thought those all appeared as themes but I couldn't remember if I was missing anything. :)There was I think 'Get Me to the Final' or something like that, but it was pretty much free reign.
September 22Sep 22 A ballads round would be interesting for artists primarily known for their ballads!
September 22Sep 22 Just now, Herbs said:A ballads round would be interesting for artists primarily known for their ballads!As well as those who aren't! Calvin Harris for example will be a challenging one.
September 22Sep 22 2 minutes ago, Herbs said:A ballads round would be interesting for artists primarily known for their ballads!Pussy Palace was an excellent use of a ballad last series
September 22Sep 22 I think most of the themed weeks were the live shows were they not? I assume most of the earlier rounds will be free reign… famous last words 😂
September 22Sep 22 5 minutes ago, Lee_J11 said:I think most of the themed weeks were the live shows were they not? I assume most of the earlier rounds will be free reign… famous last words 😂I only remember as I was deep-diving in Conan/ trying to find some songs I liked when I took over him, the 4th round (or like Bootcamp auditions) were album tracks. Bangers was also in the audition stages too (IIRC).Ballads and flops were in the lives.
September 22Sep 22 7 minutes ago, ElectroBoy said:I only remember as I was deep-diving in Conan/ trying to find some songs I liked when I took over him, the 4th round (or like Bootcamp auditions) were album tracks. Bangers was also in the audition stages too (IIRC).Ballads and flops were in the lives.Yes Bootcamp was 'Album Tracks' I'm pretty sure. I sent Hideaway for The Corrs.
September 22Sep 22 I'm sure Calum has a few new ideas for rounds/themes but here's just a few ideas that some have mentioned before or that could be interesting but may not work in every artists case;RemixesCovers Duets/Collaborations/FeaturesLive Performances Party AnthemsB SidesAlternative Signature SoundsLimited/Reduced play counts on streaming I'm sure there are others and better things but those were a few different options at least which we can speculate may appear this time around.
September 22Sep 22 35 minutes ago, ElectroBoy said:Pussy Palace was an excellent use of a ballad last seriesI still yearn for Littlest Things because of that choice!!!
September 22Sep 22 9 minutes ago, awardinary said:I'm sure Calum has a few new ideas for rounds/themes but here's just a few ideas that some have mentioned before or that could be interesting but may not work in every artists case;RemixesCoversDuets/Collaborations/FeaturesLive PerformancesParty AnthemsB SidesAlternative Signature SoundsLimited/Reduced play counts on streamingI'm sure there are others and better things but those were a few different options at least which we can speculate may appear this time around.Yeah as you've said most of those just wouldn't work across the board. Modern artists won't have B-sides, many artists won't have remixes, many won't be known for live performances or have live songs on Spotify (pretty sure my artist doesn't), and does Calvin have any covers? I suppose he must have some Radio 1 Live Lounge ones or something but I can imagine some artists won't have any!
Create an account or sign in to comment