Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this whole project has been a flop and definitely doesn't deserve to be. I blame opinionated magazines and radio stations like Radio 1. Radio 1 diss maroon 5 all the time and my sister, an avid Radio 1 listener, refused to listen to their second album despite her liking Songs About Jane. She also buys garbage like Amy Winehouse and the Hoosiers, acts which are heavily promoted by Radio 1.

 

Face it, if the people with the power don't want you to succeed, you won't. Its happened to nearly every decent act this year.

ya i agree the album isnt going aswell im not sure what sales for the album are in the uk atthe moment but the singles arent catching on
How does your chart work?

Me? I chart stuff I like on a certain week, the stuff I like most goes higher. Each song 'sells' depending on which position it's at for that week. So obvs longer runners have more sales.

 

Not sure what else I can say :unsure:

 

this whole project has been a flop and definitely doesn't deserve to be. I blame opinionated magazines and radio stations like Radio 1. Radio 1 diss maroon 5 all the time and my sister, an avid Radio 1 listener, refused to listen to their second album despite her liking Songs About Jane. She also buys garbage like Amy Winehouse and the Hoosiers, acts which are heavily promoted by Radio 1.

 

Face it, if the people with the power don't want you to succeed, you won't. Its happened to nearly every decent act this year.

 

Just because a radio station hates Maroon 5 doesn't mean your sister or anyone else should stop listening..that doesn't make sense..

Radio stations don't hate Maroon 5 -_-

 

I have heard all three singles on Radio 1 a lot and Makes Me Wonder was very popular on Capital FM likewise with Won't Go Home Without You.

Just because a radio station hates Maroon 5 doesn't mean your sister or anyone else should stop listening..that doesn't make sense..

 

I never said she should stop listening. I listen to Radio 1 myself but unlike her I don't let the DJ's opinions influence my taste in music. I do, however think that DJ's shouldn't really bad mouth records they play because if its on the playlist then someone at the station obviously thinks people like it.

 

Yes Radio 1 play Maroon 5 a lot but some DJs, more particularly Chris moyles, slag them off all the time once they've played them. This will often make younger listeners embarrassed to admit liking Maroon 5. I know u lot obviously aren't like that but some people are.

Edited by T Boy

I would never let a DJ influence my decision. :P I listen to whatever I want. ;)

 

They played the videos for Makes Me Wonder and Won't Go Home Without You on our video channels. :dance:

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
up until last wek wont go home without you hadnt charted in the offical top 50 chart here in ireland but it was a new entry last week at number 28 ,this week its number 46
  • 3 weeks later...
It's a shame that the song didn't make the Top 40 in the UK. :(
To be fair 44 was pretty amazing seeing it got zero promotion and was the download only follow up to #33 hit Wake Up Call. Saying that radio and TV supported the song something tragically amazing. It does make up wonder how big it would have been if it was the second single though :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.