November 25, 200817 yr great news and sales are brilliant,,does anyone remember sams town first week sales??
November 25, 200817 yr Bought this today and from 1st listen sounds pretty good, but not fantastic :( I would've listened to it more, but it's been overshadowed by Kanye's new album for me :o :wub: Will listen to it a lot over the next few days I'm sure - my iPod's been playing up recently, but I've finally got it sorted! :D
November 25, 200817 yr Bought this today and from 1st listen sounds pretty good, but not fantastic :( I would've listened to it more, but it's been overshadowed by Kanye's new album for me :o :wub: Will listen to it a lot over the next few days I'm sure - my iPod's been playing up recently, but I've finally got it sorted! :D Is that why you haven't been online recently? :heehee: :( Where have ya been? You're not allowed to have a life :drama:
November 26, 200817 yr Is that why you haven't been online recently? :heehee: :( Where have ya been? You're not allowed to have a life :drama: You noticed? :o I didn't think anyone would! :lol: Well the reason I haven't been online recently is because our main computer at home has fukked up, so I have to use my Dad's laptop atm :drama:. But no worries - ordered my laptop at the weekend (18th present from parents :cheer:) ON TOPIC... I've listened to the album a few times now and I have to say, REALLY unimpressed, which is a real shame as II thought it would be brilliant, after hearing Human and Spaceman. The only other songs I consider good are Joy Ride and Crippling Blow. Don't get the rest at all tbh :( Hopefully it'll improve with a few more listens, but at the moment it's not anywhere near the high standards of Sam's Town (my favourite), Hot Fuss or even Sawdust!
November 26, 200817 yr You noticed? :o I didn't think anyone would! :lol: Well the reason I haven't been online recently is because our main computer at home has fukked up, so I have to use my Dad's laptop atm :drama:. But no worries - ordered my laptop at the weekend (18th present from parents :cheer:) ON TOPIC... I've listened to the album a few times now and I have to say, REALLY unimpressed, which is a real shame as II thought it would be brilliant, after hearing Human and Spaceman. The only other songs I consider good are Joy Ride and Crippling Blow. Don't get the rest at all tbh :( Hopefully it'll improve with a few more listens, but at the moment it's not anywhere near the high standards of Sam's Town (my favourite), Hot Fuss or even Sawdust! :drama: the album is great :cry: but great to hear you'll have a laptop soon enough :cheer: STOP listening to KYW's album and spend more time listening to The Killers album :cry:
November 27, 200817 yr :drama: the album is great :cry: but great to hear you'll have a laptop soon enough :cheer: STOP listening to KYW's album and spend more time listening to The Killers album :cry: I can't stop listening to Kanye's album - it's definitely in my top 5 albums of 2008 :o Having said that, Day & Age has grown on me a lot - definitely a grower. I still feel like it's missing something though :( I like it, but just don't LOVE it, which I thought I would. Only time will tell...
November 27, 200817 yr This album has nothing on 'Sam's Town' and 'Hot Fuss'. It's so unoriginal and pop. They've changed so much since the last record, there is nothing as 'rocky' as 'When You Were Young' and nothing as slow and melodic as 'Uncle Johnny' on the whole thing. I've majorly gone of 'Human' as well; listening to it next to the likes of 'Sam's Town' and 'Mr. Brightside' and it is nowhere near as good. Shame. Oh and the album isn't anywhere near as good as '808's as well. I would rate them: Kanye West ;; 7.6 The Killers ;; 4.3 Sadness. ): Both of their previous records (and 'Sawdust' as well actually) would be rated over 6/5.5 for me. Thinking about it more it's as if Brandon has tried to write an album that completely dissociates them from their previous sound to seeming appeal to a different type of fan. Which in all fairness he has done pretty, don't see what they will do after they release 'Spaceman' (only 'Losing Touch' which sounds very similar to the other two) would do anywhere near as well I think.
November 27, 200817 yr ^^I think it's just they've actually found 'their' sound if you know what I mean Jonny. This album has a lot of Las Vegas sound influences, and it does sound very much like a New Order album, complete with David Bowie influences. It's very far away from the British-Indie sound of Hot Fuss, and then the uber-American stylee of Sam's Town. It's definitely a pop album, and not a rock album, as it's a lot more mellow and laid back. But I think it works quite well. I imagine for the large part of the album Brandon will have been hooked up on happy pills when he was writing some of the songs...
December 3, 200817 yr 01| The Losing Touch: 4.5/5 02| Human: 4.5/5 03| Spaceman: 4/5 04| Joy Ride: 4.5/5 05| A Dustland Fairytale: 3.5/5 06| This is Your Life: 4/5 07| I Can't Stay: 2.5/5 08| Neon Tiger: 3.5/5 09| The World We Live In: 4.5/5 10| Goodnight, Travel Well: 4/5 11| BONUS Track: Crippling Blow: 4/5 Overall: 3,95/5,00 Unfortunately very dissapoting album, I excpected more rocky album not dancely. Don't have yet fave song.
December 4, 200817 yr 01| The Losing Touch: 4.5/5 02| Human: 4.5/5 03| Spaceman: 4/5 04| Joy Ride: 4.5/5 05| A Dustland Fairytale: 3.5/5 06| This is Your Life: 4/5 07| I Can't Stay: 2.5/5 08| Neon Tiger: 3.5/5 09| The World We Live In: 4.5/5 10| Goodnight, Travel Well: 4/5 11| BONUS Track: Crippling Blow: 4/5 Overall: 3,95/5,00 Unfortunately very dissapoting album, I excpected more rocky album not dancely. Don't have yet fave song. What did you expect with Stuart Price as producer though? :P
December 4, 200817 yr What did you expect with Stuart Price as producer though? :P i didn't know that is S.P. producer, lol that is bad unfortunately. :(
December 4, 200817 yr 'This is Your Life' is definitely my favourite off Day & Age, along with Human, but I think I've overplayed Human now :( TIYL stands a head and shoulders above basically all of the other songs on the album for me tbh. Although I can't see it as a single, I really wouldn't know what WOULD be the next couple of singles after Spaceman - there don't really seem to be any single-worthy songs imo. (Just realised this should have probably gone in Rooney's topic about singles...)
December 4, 200817 yr 'This is Your Life' is definitely my favourite off Day & Age, along with Human, but I think I've overplayed Human now :( TIYL stands a head and shoulders above basically all of the other songs on the album for me tbh. Although I can't see it as a single, I really wouldn't know what WOULD be the next couple of singles after Spaceman - there don't really seem to be any single-worthy songs imo. (Just realised this should have probably gone in Rooney's topic about singles...) You need to force yourself to listen to the album more Cremey. :P For me too, I downloaded 808s and Heartbreak and Day & Age at the same time. I was utterly blown back by Kanye's offering - was so much more than I was expecting. So emotionally powerful, but with catchy hooks. So when I listened to The Killers I was some-what disappointed, was very pop and wasn't really what I was expecting. But I forced myself to listen to the album, and I do think it's excellent. Really did take a lot of time for it to grow on me, but I love the album now. It does really sound like the Killers. I find two tracks a bit MEH, but the other 8 I love!
January 2, 200917 yr Review: Killers' 'Day & Age' Is Mostly Hit And Miss By CURTIS ROSS Published: January 2, 2009 It's a thankless task, bridging the considerable gap between Erasure and the E Street Band, but Brandon Flowers has taken it on. Never mind whether that bridge actually needs to be built. Flowers sounds more determined than ever on The Killers' third album to fuse synth-fop, dance-pop and a Vegas-alternative take on anthem rock into something he can call his own. "Day & Age" wisely acknowledges the side of the span with which Flowers is most familiar. Where 2006's "Sam's Town" self-consciously and unsuccessfully aped fist-in-the-air arena rock, "Day & Age" eases closer to the nouveau wave of the band's 2004 debut, "Hot Fuss." Listeners may experience an unpleasant flashback when opening track "Losing Touch" begins with a glockenspiellike keyboard and some Clarence Clemons-ish saxophone. Fortunately, the song quickly finds its footing and turns out to be one of the disc's most rock-solid numbers. The following cut, "Human," is more typical - a full-on dance track filled with swooshing synths. Andy Bell's falsetto wouldn't sound out of place here, although it still couldn't save lyrics such as "Are we human or are we dancers." There are occasional lapses of the "Sam's Town" variety. Flowers apes Bono so closely on "This Is Your Life," the track could pass for U2 in a blindfold test. A clever arrangement just about salvages it, though. The same goes for "I Can't Stay," a pedestrian tune elevated by an island-tinged backing. Closing track "Goodnight, Travel Well" is slow, grandiose and encouraging, spotlighting an ambition that suggests The Killers may be in this for the long haul. Source: Tampa Bay Online
January 4, 200917 yr Been listening to it more and it has grown on me quite a bit - love 'Losing Touch', 'I Can't Stay' (:o) and 'The World We Live In' now :wub:
Create an account or sign in to comment