BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blade Runner 2049
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Severin
post Dec 19 2016, 05:45 PM
Post #1
Mansonette
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,872
   No Gallery Pics

The sequel to one of the defining movies of the 80s finally drops the first teaser trailer and it certainly looks right.

Very hopeful for this

This post has been edited by Severin: Dec 20 2016, 12:54 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blacksquare
post Dec 21 2016, 01:20 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,471
   No Gallery Pics

Looks great.

I trust Denis Villeneuve.

+Quote Post
PeaceMob
post Dec 21 2016, 01:30 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 21,342
   No Gallery Pics

Well Blade Runner is my favourite film of all time so of course the anticipation for the sequel is HUGE for me. When I first heard they were going to make a sequel I did think it was a really bad idea but based on the trailer it looks like they've stayed very faithful to what makes Blade Runner truly special and Ryan Gosling playing the main character and Jared Leto playing one of the replicants is oh so brilliant casting.

This post has been edited by PeaceMob: Dec 21 2016, 01:33 PM

+Quote Post
Josh!
post May 9 2017, 08:42 PM
Post #4
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

First official trailer has arrived!

I don't really know much about it as I haven't seen the original film (probably should change that) but I think the visuals looks gorgeous anyway and I like the stars/director too so looking forward to it still.

+Quote Post
Severin
post May 10 2017, 03:40 PM
Post #5
Mansonette
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(~josh~ @ May 9 2017, 09:42 PM) *
I don't really know much about it as I haven't seen the original film (probably should change that) but I think the visuals looks gorgeous anyway and I like the stars/director too so looking forward to it still.

You haven't seen it!? ohmy.gif

Please, please, please watch the original. I say original but I mean the Directors Cut. Blade Runner is generally considered Ridley's best film (I personally prefer Alien), is probably Harrison Ford's most accomplished performance (Sorry Han and Indy) and is almost single handedly responsible for an entire aesthetic that has so often been imitated.

Plus the film may not make so much sense without it.

I'm sure you already know this but why haven't you seen it????????

+Quote Post
Josh!
post May 10 2017, 05:31 PM
Post #6
c:

I know it's a classic and I'll definitely see it some time before this comes out so my ignorance of this won't last for much longer! I've only recently fell in love with movies since about 2012 so playing a lot of catch up still on older films that I missed. There's loads of classics that I'd love to see but still have not got around to! This, The Shawshank Redemption, The Dark Knight, The Godfather movies, any Hitchcock films, The Silence of the Lambs etc. laugh.gif #flopmoviefan

+Quote Post
Mart!n
post May 10 2017, 06:42 PM
Post #7
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 2

Blade Runner is my favourite film of all time, I hope this lives up to the original film, can't wait to see this, I'm avoiding the trailers if I can.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post May 10 2017, 07:39 PM
Post #8
Always Watching...
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(~josh~ @ May 10 2017, 06:31 PM) *
I know it's a classic and I'll definitely see it some time before this comes out so my ignorance of this won't last for much longer! I've only recently fell in love with movies since about 2012 so playing a lot of catch up still on older films that I missed. There's loads of classics that I'd love to see but still have not got around to! This, The Shawshank Redemption, The Dark Knight, The Godfather movies, any Hitchcock films, The Silence of the Lambs etc. laugh.gif #flopmoviefan

mellow.gif you silly billy, sort these out, you won't regret it x

Still a little unsure how they'd do a sequel to one of the greatest sci-fi standalone stories of all time, especially as it won't have source material this time, but I trust Denis Villeneuve to give it a good shot and the trailers are very promising

+Quote Post
Severin
post May 10 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #9
Mansonette
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ May 10 2017, 08:39 PM) *
mellow.gif you silly billy, sort these out, you won't regret it x

Still a little unsure how they'd do a sequel to one of the greatest sci-fi standalone stories of all time, especially as it won't have source material this time, but I trust Denis Villeneuve to give it a good shot and the trailers are very promising

Agree on everything you've said.

My biggest misgiving is that I so loved the ambiguity of the original's ending and preferred the he was a replicant take on the ending

+Quote Post
anna24a
post May 16 2017, 07:04 AM
Post #10
New Entry
Member No.: 29,775
   No Gallery Pics

Great!

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jul 17 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #11
c:

Not even really hyped for this, it looks a bit dull to me :/ Saying that, the cinematography looks GORGEOUS!! Surely Deakins is coming for his Oscar after 13 nominations and no wins!! drama.gif

+Quote Post
Johnkm
post Jul 17 2017, 09:04 PM
Post #12
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

It's one of those sequels that doesn't really NEED to exist. The original is such a perfect entity as is that this doesn't really have any reason to be and if it's good then yay but if it's a bit redundant or even not very good then it's just going to diminish that legacy.

It does LOOKS stunning though and I am 10000% here for Robin Wright.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Sep 8 2017, 02:34 PM
Post #13
c:

We've all heard of how Jared Leto method acts a lot but apparently he actually made himself blind when shooting this in order to get into the role. He wore special lenses that basically made him blind and he needed guiding around on set laugh.gif

http://www.etonline.com/jared-leto-blinded...nner-2049-86828

What happened to good old acting as a character rather than becoming it drama.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 03:07 PM