BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Call Me By Your Name, 27/10/17 | Armie Hammer, Michael Stuhlbarg, Timothée Chalamet
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Jun 20 2017, 08:46 AM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
So, the most high-profile LGBT movie of the year is coming and it looks amazing!! It's bound to be a big awards contender this year and the screenshots we've seen look brilliant. Hoping we get a trailer soon too as the critics have been raving about it wub.gif

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Jul 27 2017, 08:11 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:

First official poster for this, hopefully that means the first trailer is going to be dropping soon cheer.gif It looks completely dreamy though, I think this is going to be a big fave of mine this awards season wub.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Jul 28 2017, 09:38 PM
Post #3
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Love that poster. Really wishing I was Armie Hammer

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jul 28 2017, 09:43 PM
Post #4
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
QUOTE(J▲hq @ Jul 28 2017, 10:38 PM) *
Love that poster. Really wishing I was Timothee Chalamet

Agreed x

Anyway really hyped for this, think this could be a massive Awards contender this year!

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Aug 2 2017, 11:20 AM
Post #5
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
QUOTE(Josh! @ Jul 27 2017, 09:11 PM) *
First official poster for this, hopefully that means the first trailer is going to be dropping soon cheer.gif

And as if by magic

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Aug 2 2017, 01:19 PM
Post #6
Group icon
c:
QUOTE(J▲hq @ Aug 2 2017, 12:20 PM) *
And as if by magic

Gorgeous *-* I almost melted at the 'call me by your name' line. The cinematography is stunning too, every shot looks like a postcard wub.gif

So excited for this now, just ordered the book from Amazon this week so I can't wait to read it! w00t.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Aug 28 2017, 09:45 PM
Post #7
Group icon
c:
Started reading the book this morning and just finished it now. I just could NOT put it down. It's all so romantic and passionate - I can't wait to see it adapted into a movie. I can't recommend the book enough if you're thinking of reading it!!

Michael Stuhlbarg is going to have a great scene towards the end which I could see him getting excellent reviews for. Armie Hammer seems PERFECT for the role of Oliver too wub.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Oct 28 2017, 10:37 PM
Post #8
Group icon
c:
Wow, what a gorgeous film. I really can't wait to see it again already. I was a huge fan of the book and I think James Ivory adapted it better than I could have possibly imagined (I'm even rather glad they left out the reunion from the end of the book). So many perfectly moments captured in this (shout out to the cinematography too for the glorious sun-soaked shots throughout the film *.*) and the cast were just perfect too. Michael Stuhlbarg completely nails his scene at the end and Armie Hammer is just as charming as you imagine Oliver being from reading the book. However, The real MVP is 1000% Timothée Chalamet - he expertly portrayed a teenager going through these things for the first time and just WOW at the final scene with the camera not moving away from him for so long.

Film of the year material !! wub.gif

(Sufjan Stevens was an excellent choice for the soundtrack too, "Mystery of Love" is such a gorgeous track heart.gif)

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Nov 1 2017, 12:34 PM
Post #9
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
My expectations for this were sky high and I feel like it lived up to them in every way, without a doubt my favourite movie of the year. Give it all the Oscars!!

Timothée was perfect, felt like I could relate to his character even in minor ways and I'm going to be rooting for him so much, he nailed the ending. Much of my enjoyment may not have been entirely for innocent reasons (the peach scene that I'd heard about did NOT disappoint)..but it was still very romantic and refreshing to see. It was like a vision of what I want my life to be but I don't necessarily need the heartbreak

Need to set aside some time to work my way through the book

+Quote this post
Harve
post Nov 3 2017, 07:46 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718
Sufjan made me cry gay tears.

God's Only Country was, like, a parable of my life so I'm not sure if it beats 2017's rival gay film.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Nov 4 2017, 02:06 PM
Post #11
Group icon
c:
QUOTE(Harve @ Nov 3 2017, 07:46 PM) *
Sufjan made me cry gay tears.

God's Only Country was, like, a parable of my life so I'm not sure if it beats 2017's rival gay film.

"Mystery of Love" is actually so gorgeous. Please tell me this is getting at least two Best Original Song nominations at the Oscars and surely a win for one of them too?!?! heart.gif

The soundtrack is now out on iTunes/Spotify and I listened to the whole thing through last night, so dreamy wub.gif

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Nov 27 2017, 03:07 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
Just managed to see this.

What a beautiful and heart wrenching movie. So glad it made it to the cinema and really deserves to be recognised in the awards next year. The last couple of scenes left me in tears.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Dec 9 2017, 06:23 PM
Post #13
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Saw this about three weeks ago in a very small cinema, I think there were maybe only 15 others watching it, so it was a rather intimate experience!

Such a stunning movie in every respect, the storyline, the scenery, the two lead actors ( heehee.gif ). Can't wait to own this on blu-ray. wub.gif

Will endeavour to start reading the book very soon!

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Dec 9 2017, 08:36 PM
Post #14
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
This re-creation of the trailer is everything, I've just watched it three times almost back-to-back

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Dec 10 2017, 04:29 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
Omg i am such a mess...cried 3 times during the movie...when he called his mom to pick him up, the dads coming out too and the ending ;(...it was so beautifully done, very cinematic, gorgeous soundtrack...can’t hype it enough wub.gif

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Dec 22 2017, 05:35 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
Just watched this again.

Can Timothe get an oscar win just for his raw emotion interpretation in the end sob.gif

This deffo is in my top 5 of all time.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jan 22 2018, 04:58 PM
Post #17
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Just finished watching this and it was really good. Great performances by not only the two leads but also Elio's parents. You really wanted them to get together and I loved the way it was done. I disagree with Josh in regards to the ending, but I really wanted to see a reunion laugh.gif but I did appreciate the ending and why it was probably for the best.

Cute film, beautifully directed with career defining performances.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Jan 24 2018, 07:24 PM
Post #18
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
User: 20,835
This film is so good, I have watched it twice one I found good but some parts were holding me back. I watched it a second time today and now I am fully in love with it is a film.

With regards to the ending I am actually glad it was done this way because have not impacted as much if they did reunite (as much as I adore them two as a couple)

I loved Timothée Chalame and Armie Hammer as the lead roles. The parents were brilliantly acted too (especially the end scene with the dad, that made me emotional the first time around) The girl who played the French girl (Malika or something I can't remember her name well oops but she was great too). Shoutouts to the cinematography and the soundtrack too wub.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jan 25 2018, 06:16 PM
Post #19
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042
A sequel seems to be in the works.

CALL ME BY YOUR NAME secured some major Oscar nominations this week, including for Best Actor (Timothee Chalamet) and Best Picture. Normally these kinds of Oscar films don’t get the sequel talk, but director Luca Guadagnino already has plans for where to take Elio (Chalamet) and Oliver (Armie Hammer) next. In a new interview, he hints that the sequel will be set after one of the most iconic events of the 20th century – the falling of the Berlin Wall.

During a lengthy chat with Collider, Guadagnino spoke about revisiting the characters in future, wanting to do a “cycle of films” about them. He kept some secrets but revealed that the movie will be set right after the fall of the Wall (1989).

"I think the next chapter it will be happening right after the fall of Berlin Wall and that great shift that was the end of Russia, of the USSR, sorry. And we’ll see people leaving home and going in the world. That’s what I can say for now."

Guadagnino has been talking about a sequel for a few months, talking about how much he loves the characters and wants to explore them again. The first movie takes place in 1983 and finds Elio falling for Oliver as they gallivant across the beautiful, northern-Italian countryside. If the movie does take place after the end of the USSR, this may also mean a location shift. Don’t worry, there are plenty of lovely places around the world to gallivant.

CALL ME BY YOUR NAME is one of the BP nominees I have yet to see, but I will be remedying that soon. People seem to have fallen in love with this movie, turning Chalamet to the hottest young talent on the scene. What I’ve seen from clips and trailers makes me believe it lives up to the hype, and perhaps Guadagnino can strike lightning twice with a sequel.

CALL ME BY YOUR NAME is in theaters now.
source: joblo

Interesting. Doesn't really strike me as the sort of film to get a sequel so it'll be interesting to see.

+Quote this post
Harve
post Jan 25 2018, 10:32 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718
I guess it would work similarly to the "Before..." trilogy.

Note that this film is itself the final instalment of the Desire trilogy, albeit with different characters and plots.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:14 PM