BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Luis Fonsi & Demi Lovato - Échame La Culpa, 17/11/17
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
TMD_24Quavo
post Nov 1 2017, 07:47 PM
Post #1
Radio 1 Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,440
   No Gallery Pics

The man of the year is returning with a brand new latin single and the follow up to the record breaking ''Despacito'' with Justin Bieber and Daddy Yanke. This time, the next english artist to get onboard the Spanish bandwagon is none other than Demi Lovato and it's called Échame La Culpa. According to reports the song will be out on the 17th November.

https://twitter.com/justcatchmedemi/status/...345444640776193

According to DAMMIT, Demi's song with Luis Fonsi is called "Échame La Culpa" and will be released on November 17, 2017!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
danVember
post Nov 1 2017, 07:54 PM
Post #2
Danvīci
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Luis for Christmas number one then???

+Quote Post
THEO.
post Nov 1 2017, 08:03 PM
Post #3
IDGAF
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 8,661

No doubt OCC will literally translate "Échame la Culpa" to 'throw me the blame' in every single article about this song (:

+Quote Post
Agent Cody Banks
post Nov 1 2017, 08:10 PM
Post #4
Now I think about you every single time I eat pizza
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

The god sis Demetria coming for that Spanglish hit *.* at least for this one Demi seems more capable to sing in Spanish than Bieber

+Quote Post
mdh
post Nov 1 2017, 08:15 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

no

+Quote Post
mutucan
post Nov 1 2017, 09:15 PM
Post #6
New Entry
Member No.: 39,538
   No Gallery Pics

It will probably be like what the single after Gangnam Style was for PSY; everyone will give it a listen but i won't be a hit and he will be remembered as a one-hit wonder.

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Nov 1 2017, 09:19 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

ehhhhhhh, I'm gonna hold out hope tho, it might actually be good

+Quote Post
Brébino
post Nov 1 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #8
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

Why must you lower yourself to this Fonsi?

+Quote Post
Cucumberella
post Nov 1 2017, 09:32 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,403

interesting to see if it stacks up anywhere near despacito (obviously not but if it's another number 1 i'd consider that a massive success)

+Quote Post
Agent Cody Banks
post Nov 1 2017, 10:40 PM
Post #10
Now I think about you every single time I eat pizza
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(mutucan @ Nov 1 2017, 02:15 PM) *
It will probably be like what the single after Gangnam Style was for PSY; everyone will give it a listen but i won't be a hit and he will be remembered as a one-hit wonder.
That’s kinda how I felt after every Reggaeton hit since Bailando and yet lo and behold here we are. I don’t think it will be as big as Despacito except maybe in Latin America/parts of Europe but I don’t think Luis Fonsi will totally be written off as a no hoper like PSY.

+Quote Post
aDNAn
post Nov 2 2017, 05:12 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 2,666

Yeah, Psy is definition of novelty...he started his career with novelty and everything else he put out after Gangnam Style was novelty.

Luis Fonsi seems like could be a serious pop star.

+Quote Post
mutucan
post Nov 2 2017, 06:19 AM
Post #12
New Entry
Member No.: 39,538
   No Gallery Pics

What i meant to say was that Despacito was a MONSTER hit just like Gangnam Style, both acts have other albums and have success in their native countries but no other hits elsewhere (well, LF has a few hits in Spain but you know what i mean) This song will get exposure because it's coming after such a big hit and maybe have some success but it won't match the success of Despacito... and technically PSY is not a one-hit wonder either; Gentleman got to no 5 in US and 10 in UK etc. but no one remembers it but everyone still remember Gangnam Style... this song will probably be forgotten in a few months but Despacito will be remembered for a long time.

btw i really like Luis Fonsi, i'm not trying to put him down, i hope this song becomes a huge hit as well, i just doubt it will.

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Nov 2 2017, 07:52 AM
Post #13
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 22,665
   No Gallery Pics

in the link posted about, demi's spanish is terrible to say the least
why everyone thinks they pull it off singing in spanish? they can't

+Quote Post
Jack
post Nov 2 2017, 08:23 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

Here for Demi.

+Quote Post
smellslikejavier
post Nov 2 2017, 03:45 PM
Post #15
New Entry
Member No.: 46,143
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(mutucan @ Nov 2 2017, 06:19 AM) *
What i meant to say was that Despacito was a MONSTER hit just like Gangnam Style, both acts have other albums and have success in their native countries but no other hits elsewhere (well, LF has a few hits in Spain but you know what i mean) This song will get exposure because it's coming after such a big hit and maybe have some success but it won't match the success of Despacito... and technically PSY is not a one-hit wonder either; Gentleman got to no 5 in US and 10 in UK etc. but no one remembers it but everyone still remember Gangnam Style... this song will probably be forgotten in a few months but Despacito will be remembered for a long time.

btw i really like Luis Fonsi, i'm not trying to put him down, i hope this song becomes a huge hit as well, i just doubt it will.

luis fonsi is not a one hit wonder and he didn't had just a "few hits in spain". everyone seems to forget that more than 20 countries across latin america + spain speaks spanish, that's why is natively the second most spoken language in the world even above english (natively). so he already had a lot of hits in the past on all those 20 countries with songs like "quien te dijo eso", "aqui estoy yo", "no me doy por vencido", etc. its true that he didn't had a hit even in latin america since years ago because he didn't made reggaeton songs until Despacito which revived his career a lot.

and spanish music is popular around the world just like english, that's why nearly 20 spanish songs have more than 1 billion views in youtube and currently they're the most daily viewed ones: kworb.net/youtube (the three most viewed ones are Chantaje with 1.9 billions, Bailando with 2.4 billions, and Despacito with 4.1). spanish songs are also very popular in europe and some middle east countries were at least 2-3 spanish songs enter the top 10 spotify charts every year in countries like italy, france, germany, portugal, romania, poland, switzerland, etc

so even if echame la culpa doesn't become a #1 hit in the US but it succeeds in latin america and europe, and probably reaches 1 billion views too, does that count as a non-hit?

+Quote Post
TMD_24Quavo
post Tuesday, 05:21 PM
Post #16
Radio 1 Enthusiast
Member No.: 23,440
   No Gallery Pics

Fonsi has confirmed it's coming Friday!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbdyDKzB1ao/

This post has been edited by TMD_24Quavo: Tuesday, 05:22 PM

+Quote Post
Juan Carlos 🌴
post 15 hours ago
Post #17
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 21,211
   No Gallery Pics

Music Video:

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post 2 hours ago
Post #18
Together we are more.
Member No.: 5,042

Love it! Not quite as catchy as 'Despacito' but it's still great! wub.gif

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post 1 hour ago
Post #19
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

Heard this both on the way too and from work today! It sounds really good and has definitely exceeded my expectations! Think Luis Fonsi will go down the PSY route of having a second top hit but not coming close to the OG hit. Listeners were pointing out that it sounds like 'Under The Sea' which is true but also a pretty good thing! Just not 100% it'll do as well as it should due to it being the time of year where people want more 'Perfect' winter ballads than summer bops but I think the public will still take to it!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: TMD_24Quavo

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 09:08 PM