Jump to content

Featured Replies

16 :left: (from 16) Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire [P]

 

http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Large_Images/HMV/88697352002.JPG

 

Chart Run: 1-1-1-2-2-4-4-5-11-13-13-17-14-15-21-12-11-12-14-19-18-23-19-14-16-22-23-29-31-27-30-29-37-40-39-47-53-52-60-54-50-68-xx(2 wks)-74-70-61-51-45-49-33-6-11-18-16-16 [54 wks]

 

Release date: 15-9-2008

Availability: in stock

Number of Discs: 1

Catalogue Number: 88697352002

Label: COLUMBIA

 

Though Tennessee's Kings of Leon are a rock band from the south, that doesn't mean they're a Southern Rock band. The Followill brothers Caleb, Jared, and Nathan (along with their cousin Matthew) play a straight-ahead, hard-driving brand of rock & roll that owes more to Crazy Horse and the Rolling Stones than it does to Molly Hatchet. Their debut album, 2003's YOUTH & YOUNG MANHOOD showed them to be an earthier equivalent to garage-rock contemporaries like the White Stripes and the Strokes. - HMV

 

Video here:

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2003 53 Holy Roller Novocaine EP

2003 22 What I Saw EP

2003 23 Molly's Chambers

2003 51 Wasted Time

2004 61 California Waiting

2004 16 The Bucket

2005 24 Four Kicks

2005 41 King Of The Rodeo

2007 18 On Call

2007 13 Fans

2008 01 Sex On Fire

2008 02 Use Somebody

2009 29 Revelry

 

Album Discussion Thread Here

  • Replies 406
  • Views 21.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This song is so similar to P!nk's U + Ur Hand that it's not even funny.

 

 

If one more person says this I'm literally gonna slap them.

 

They were both produced by the same people, and '4ever' was released in Australia almost a year before 'U + Ur Hand' was around. <_<

  • Author
This song is so similar to P!nk's U + Ur Hand that it's not even funny.

 

 

Also: crap, KoL not top 15... Paloma is though I suppose.

The Pink song was written AFTER the Veronicas (unless you know that and you are saying how bad it is that Pink copied?)

what do you mean by that? :lol:

 

imo, all of Jordin's singles have been impressively catchy. :P

Well, 'her songs have been extremely boring and tiring to me till now. Kind of annoying, generic and so overrated r&b that is constantly flooding the market. This new tune is really fresh in this aspect.

 

OVER a year on for KOL :o
If one more person says this I'm literally gonna slap them.

 

They were both produced by the same people, and '4ever' was released in Australia almost a year before 'U + Ur Hand' was around. <_<

 

 

The Pink song was written AFTER the Veronicas (unless you know that and you are saying how bad it is that Pink copied?)

 

 

I know P!nk's song was written afterwards, it's just more convenient to use this as the main example...

Rephrasing it,

U + Ur Hand by P!nk sounds so similar to this that it's not even funny.

My point is they are basically EXACTLY the same. It's Halo/Already Gone all over again (even though that was also after this)

Well, 'her songs have been extremely boring and tiring to me till now. Kind of annoying, generic and so overrated r&b that is constantly flooding the market. This new tune is really fresh in this aspect.

 

I know what you mean, but I think what makes it is the 80s sample from Shannon :lol:

I'm starting to like Sex On Fire again...I might go out and buy it :kink:

 

YES. :kink:

  • Author
I'm starting to like Sex On Fire again...I might go out and buy it :kink:

*slap*

 

<_>

Listen to this...and it will prove that Paloma Faith can actually sing really well, she's a natural talent.
Around 60 million people live in the UK, and Sex On Fire's sales haven't yet reached 1 million (as far as I know, or has it?), so there are still plenty of people, that haven't got the single/song yet :kink:

15 :up: (from 31) Paloma Faith - New York [P]

 

http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Large_Images/HMV/88697562142.JPG

 

Chart Run: 21-31-15 [3 wks]

 

Release date: 14-09-2009

Format: CDS

Number of Discs: 1

Catalogue Number: 88697562142

Label: BMG

 

Video here:

 

track listing

1. New York

2. Love Ya

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2009 17 Stone Cold Sober

2009 15 New York

 

Discussion Thread Here

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.